Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
Dreamer1969
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25
Default Switch in Role Play

What does being a switch mean in role play terms to everybody and do you consider yourself a switch,???
Dreamer1969 is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
g1102
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

To me a switch can play top or bottom. (I identify as a Dominate but I can switch if the circumstances are right.) just my opinion
g1102 is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Yeah, a switch is someone who can be both dom or sub. Yes, absolutely-- I'm a switch. Now the question is, can one "switch" in the middle of a session. I say yes.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
g1102
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Now that would take skill. Are you ambidextrous as well? One other question: I have noticed when I write I use top and Dom / bottom and sub interchangeable. I do it to describe who is giving or receiving the attention during a scene. Just curious if there were any thoughts on that?
g1102 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Dreamer1969
Account Disabled

Default 1102 I agree

1102, I agree with how you ID Top and Dom togethere and sub and bottom. I find the open minded ability to be a switch allows for growth and better experiences....
Old 03-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
Jackpotvinny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpalmson View Post
Yeah, a switch is someone who can be both dom or sub. Yes, absolutely-- I'm a switch. Now the question is, can one "switch" in the middle of a session. I say yes.
You bet you can!
Jackpotvinny is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
The Big Kahuna
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Not to complicate matters, but when the bottom tells the top their likes and dislikes ahead of time and the top uses the bottom's input, is the bottom really topping from the bottom and does that make the bottom a switch...I was posed this question from a dom friend of mine once and I just scratched my head! LOL!!!
The Big Kahuna is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

You just gave me a headache. That is like which came first-- the chicken or the egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
Not to complicate matters, but when the bottom tells the top their likes and dislikes ahead of time and the top uses the bottom's input, is the bottom really topping from the bottom and does that make the bottom a switch...I was posed this question from a dom friend of mine once and I just scratched my head! LOL!!!
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
TheDoc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

I think Dom/sub and Top/bottom are different.
Dom/sub to me implies more of a state of mind and an attitude, wheras Top/bottom is more of an activity or what you do. Generally the Top is the one who is doing the activity and the bottom is the one who is being done.
Dom/sub describes more of the relationship between the two participants.
TheDoc is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #10
Guest042015
Account Disabled

User ID: 38355
My ECCIE Reviews

I am what they call an Alpha Sub.

An “alpha submissive” woman (or a “submissive alpha female”) is assertive and even aggressive when the situation demands it, I would not say that she is dominant. To me, the word “dominance” connotes power over others (or another)—whereas by the “alpha” prefix I meant more a power from within that does not really seek to dominate others but often ends up being in charge anyway.

I find myself in situations with men who have not adequately research me, expecting me to take control and Domme them, it's not my nature, but this is a customer service industry...

In relation to your question, the others have answered it quite well, and yes, power exchange going from one partner to the other during a date is quite fun when it's been spoken about prior. :-)
Guest042015 is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #11
houston_switch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

I consider myself a switch...
IMHO you are not topping from the bottom if you have a conversation with a provider (especially if its your first time with a provider) to ensure your wants/needs are met. knowing expectations prior to the date will help the chemistry during the date.
houston_switch
houston_switch is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
Dreamer1969
Account Disabled

Default Switch

I totally agree you must talk out what is desired and thats only thru good communication...
Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #13
ALEXIS AND GINGER
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 39997
My ECCIE Reviews
Default INTERESTING

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post

BIG KAHUNA LONG TIME NO SEE... I LOVE THAT YOU BROUGHT THAT UP. THIS IS GBG (Ginger Bread Girl) I FIND ME EXTREMELY SUBconciously thinking and acting on situations when I am called to be DOMME - I can and will do just about anything to please the sub who wanted ME. In instances where I am submissive and all my needs and wants are treated with that much respect or careful planning I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO KEEP MY MISTRESS OR MASTER HAPPY.
KIND OF ODD I SAY MASTER, RIGHT? Well I think the slave aspect is also intriguing{doing things because you have to not the choice but the ...it's hard to explain I am kinda new to the game... and none really is helping by explaining things just life experiences you know.} SLAVE IS HOT BUT NOT FOR ME.It's kinda of more like what a certain Misstress I once had kinda wanted(but she'd never admit it to me or anybody else hahahahaha) - no one you know lol . I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THE MARQUIS DE SADE THING BEING TIED STANDING ARMS ABOVE MY HEAD AND SPREAD BACK BARE AFTER REMOVING THE RIBBON OF A CORSET.WOWZERS!!!
So anyways right... I am a switch as well but could never be a slave because I am only submissive as long as I am having fun while I play. I can easily go from BOTTOM to TOP if I
a) am actually hurt past my sense of reasonable amount of pain
b) if I get bored and want to terrorize my Mistress so she will punish me the good old fashioned way with a huge plastic strap on cock
c) if I feel like I'd be doing a better job in charge or
D) THE BEST REASON OF ALL
I HAVE CAME SO MANY TIMES I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND I HAVE TO SHOW HOW THANKFUL I AM AND MORE LIKE AN ANIMALLISTIC TYPE OF WAY RETURN THE FAVOR

BOTTOMS UP EVERYONE!!!
ALEXIS AND GINGER is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #14
houston_switch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

Wow that was hot... maybe an ad, but very hot indeed....
h_s
houston_switch is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #15
melannie_star
No Shame In My Game!

User ID: 168221
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpotvinny View Post
You bet you can!
Yes, indeed you can!