Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-14-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3
Default CEO cuts own pay, raises workers' salaries

What's stopping others from following suit? Greed.

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/ce...ll-workers-pay
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Yes, if he did that without massive stock options or equity, and doesn't have millions socked away, I'd be impressed. His heart is in the right place, though. I like a guy running a company treating his employees right. We've been doing that at Nau's Pharmacy just outside of the Clarksville Historical District, in the city limits of Austin, for many years.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
WombRaider
Account Disabled

There's nothing in capitalism that says the ceo has to make 300 times the salary of his average employee.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
There's nothing in capitalism that says the ceo has to make 300 times the salary of his average employee.
And there is also nothing in capitalism that says the CEO has to run a charity either.

You want to cut CEO pay and raise worker salaries - go start a business and run it yourself.

I take it you believe in raising the minimum wage? When was the last time you drove through a fast food joint and tipped the person who made change for you? What's that? Did I hear you say you've never done that? Then STFU about raising the minimum wage if you don't have the balls to pay for it out of your own pocket.

FYI - I did exactly that this afternoon, as I always do when I go through the drive thru. It puts a smile on someone's face, and for at least one hour of her day, the lady who served me today earned what she deserves.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
And there is also nothing in capitalism that says the CEO has to run a charity either.

You want to cut CEO pay and raise worker salaries - go start a business and run it yourself.

I take it you believe in raising the minimum wage? When was the last time you drove through a fast food joint and tipped the person who made change for you? What's that? Did I hear you say you've never done that? Then STFU about raising the minimum wage if you don't have the balls to pay for it out of your own pocket.

FYI - I did exactly that this afternoon, as I always do when I go through the drive thru. It puts a smile on someone's face, and for at least one hour of her day, the lady who served me today earned what she deserves.
And herein lies the rub. In your mind it's one of two things; CEO fatcats, as we currently have, or a CEO who is running a charity. Is there no middle ground?

And on minimum wage, wow. You assigned me a viewpoint and then based on that assumed view, told me to shut the fuck up. Nice. If they raised the prices $1 or $2 in order to pay the employees more, it won't stop me from doing what I was going to do anyway. Your mistake is assuming they don't make enough money to raise minimum wage NOW.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #7
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post

Atlas Shrugged. It's all starting to make sense to me now. You never progressed past your junior high love affair with Ayn Rand. Poor people are just parasites to you. I'm starting to get it.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 AM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
And herein lies the rub. In your mind it's one of two things; CEO fatcats, as we currently have, or a CEO who is running a charity. Is there no middle ground?

And on minimum wage, wow. You assigned me a viewpoint and then based on that assumed view, told me to shut the fuck up. Nice. If they raised the prices $1 or $2 in order to pay the employees more, it won't stop me from doing what I was going to do anyway. Your mistake is assuming they don't make enough money to raise minimum wage NOW.
Your use of the word fatcats indicates that you are a bigot, an ignorant bigot. What do you think the minimum wage should be? (this should be good)
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:15 AM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Atlas Shrugged. It's all starting to make sense to me now. You never progressed past your junior high love affair with Ayn Rand. Poor people are just parasites to you. I'm starting to get it.
If that is what you think then you've never read Ayn Rand, if you did then you don't understand it.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:11 AM   #10
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post

Bravo!!
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #11
slingblade
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I have two comments about this thread.

1. Why would a customer feel like they should tip the employee as an responsibility because the employer is paying them too little?

I tip above and beyond so I have no problem tipping, and I cut my customers a deal if I know they are on a tight budget. I do my fair share of helping out.

2. Conservatives are pretty vain in my opinion to think that Rand was supporting their cause. The point was Big Corporations controlled the government and used the power to fleece any competition.

Those that Seceded were of a Democratic nature if you asked me. Her concept of Capitalism is not what we have going on today with the likes of the Koch brothers.
slingblade is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #12
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
If that is what you think then you've never read Ayn Rand, if you did then you don't understand it.
If you've read it and that's NOT what you think, you're a fucking moron. Her philosophy is quite clear and has been well recognized at this point. She was also quite the racist. She spit on Indians, Arabs and just about anyone else that wasn't white.

What kind of world would it be if everyone lived by this creed:

"Man—every man—is an end in himself, not a means to the ends of others; he must live for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself; he must work for his rational self-interest, with the achievement of his own happiness as the highest moral purpose of his life"

Sounds like one selfish, fucked-up world to me.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #13
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade View Post
I have two comments about this thread.

1. Why would a customer feel like they should tip the employee as an responsibility because the employer is paying them too little?

I tip above and beyond so I have no problem tipping, and I cut my customers a deal if I know they are on a tight budget. I do my fair share of helping out.

2. Conservatives are pretty vain in my opinion to think that Rand was supporting their cause. The point was Big Corporations controlled the government and used the power to fleece any competition.

Those that Seceded were of a Democratic nature if you asked me. Her concept of Capitalism is not what we have going on today with the likes of the Koch brothers.
Conservatives like her attitude toward the poor and unfortunate. It gives them moral certitude in acting with disdain toward certain peoples. Ultimately, she championed selfishness, if you boil down her drivel to its essence. What do you expect. She was Russian. She came from communism and then swung SO far to the other side you could almost see communism again.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #14
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post

You tipped a fast food worker....would you like the presidential medal of freedom to go along with your fries?
Christ, if theres one thing that ticks me off here is the balls out gloating on unverifiable "acts of charity". I'm sure that make you feel all Jesus-sy inside.

You don't understand the rationale behind the idea of tipping. The reason why it is given in service oriented professions is because it depends on the type and quality of service. It is NOT given simply for doing your job. If the FF worker handed me my food, took my money and gave me my change, he/she simply did nothing over and above what his job entailed. Should I be "tipping" him for not spitting in my food? Most of the time the people at the drive-thru aren't even the ones preparing or checking your food.
A waitress, on the other hand, deserves the tip because she went over and above getting me my food quicker, making pleasant conversation, making sure my ice tea cup was full etc etc. If that "nuance" doesn't get through your thick head "then may (your) god help you"(that is fast becoming my favorite response to you).
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #15
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

I didn't assign you a view point. I simply point out the hypocrisy of arguing for higher wages, while expecting business owners to bear the burden of paying those higher wages.

If you want workers to earn more then PAY THEM MORE yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanm View Post
You tipped a fast food worker....would you like the presidential medal of freedom to go along with your fries?
Christ, if theres one thing that ticks me off here is the balls out gloating on unverifiable "acts of charity". I'm sure that make you feel all Jesus-sy inside.

You don't understand the rationale behind the idea of tipping. The reason why it is given in service oriented professions is because it depends on the type and quality of service. It is NOT given simply for doing your job. If the FF worker handed me my food, took my money and gave me my change, he/she simply did nothing over and above what his job entailed. Should I be "tipping" him for not spitting in my food? Most of the time the people at the drive-thru aren't even the ones preparing or checking your food.
A waitress, on the other hand, deserves the tip because she went over and above getting me my food quicker, making pleasant conversation, making sure my ice tea cup was full etc etc. If that "nuance" doesn't get through your thick head "then may (your) god help you"(that is fast becoming my favorite response to you).
You really have an incredible talent for reading stuff that just ain't there.

First off, I'm an atheist. So you can give up on the Jesus stuff which you keep mentioning in post after post. That dog don't hunt.

Secondly, the only reason I mentioned tipping the fast food worker was to let the air out of Womb's tires before he had a chance to come back and say how easy it is to tell someone else to be charitable, but another thing to be charitable yourself. You see, unlike your typical liberal, I'm not a hypocrite. I don't demand that the gov't make charitable contributions on my behalf. Womb here got all hot and bothered about a CEO who cut his own salary in order to pay his workers more (good for the CEO by the way). But my point is that charity begins at home. If you and Womb want to see workers earning a fair wage THEN PAY FOR IT. Stop asking the government to do for you what you are not willing to do yourself.

Ghandi said it best - be the change you want to see in the world.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women