Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #46
Poet Laureate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Aww, Kayla, you just ruined my latest wet dream.
Poet Laureate is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #47
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Laureate View Post
Honestly, it might not be the worst thing that ever happened. Think about it this way: The Vice President of the United States is a largely ceremonial office. Other than casting a vote to break a tie in the Senate, he has no constitutional duties at all. So if Romney wanted to, and if Biden was agreeable, they could get together on a few things that both parties agree on, and actually get something done.
-
Remember, this isn't such a far-fetched idea. The framers of the Constitution had the runner up in the Presidential election become the Vice President at the dawn of our country. The theory was that they'd put partisan politics aside and work together for the good of all. Now obviously it's too much to expect that this would work in the long run, but for a select few issues in a short period of time, it might at least have a fighting chance.
-
Also, consider this: Joe Biden is smart enough to know that regardless of what happens with Obama this election, Biden's not going to be the Democratic nominee in 2016. But put Biden as Romney's VP and he has a chance to show that he can work with the Republicans; it would be the coup to end all coups. Biden could position himself as the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party in four years, and he'd be able to trumpet the fact that he worked with Romney to make significant changes.
Just imagine Joe Biden in four years, when senility begins to set in. Senility and profound stupidity would be a nasty combination.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #48
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
If Biden was VP and Romney was president, the Democrats would assassinate Romney the first day.
Tch, tch, tch JB. You are showing your absolutely wing nut colours by asserting something like that. Please STFU if you are only going to make unfounded and crazy statements like that.

The Dems respect the rule of law and don't try underhanded ways of keeping citizens from voting, throwing people off the roles or tampering with registrations to win elections at any cost. No, they aren't perfect and some do bad things too, but it isn't a concerted effort and strategy from the top. There hasn't been a case of a Dem or a liberal trying to assassinate a President in at least 100 years if ever. It isn't in our nature and why would we start now? It is usually the right wing wing nuts that arm themselves and go a shootin' politicians that they don't like like Gabby Giffords. Even most wing nut righties aren't crazy enough to try something like that though unless there is serious mental illness involved though Tea Partiers are crazy enough to use veiled threats about it at their rallies and carry weapons around while getting all riled up.

markroxny I'll take that bet though if any righty steps up too. I'll have more time and my life will be better if I'm not allowed to try to talk sense, facts and reality to people who have little to no grasp of any of those three. More time to strictly monger.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #49
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Mongering is good. Stupid wingnut craziness is impossible. I'll take it if COG does.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #50
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
Tch, tch, tch JB. You are showing your absolutely wing nut colours by asserting something like that. Please STFU if you are only going to make unfounded and crazy statements like that.

The Dems respect the rule of law and don't try underhanded ways of keeping citizens from voting, throwing people off the roles or tampering with registrations to win elections at any cost. No, they aren't perfect and some do bad things too, but it isn't a concerted effort and strategy from the top. There hasn't been a case of a Dem or a liberal trying to assassinate a President in at least 100 years if ever. It isn't in our nature and why would we start now? It is usually the right wing wing nuts that arm themselves and go a shootin' politicians that they don't like like Gabby Giffords. Even most wing nut righties aren't crazy enough to try something like that though unless there is serious mental illness involved though Tea Partiers are crazy enough to use veiled threats about it at their rallies and carry weapons around while getting all riled up.

markroxny I'll take that bet though if any righty steps up too. I'll have more time and my life will be better if I'm not allowed to try to talk sense, facts and reality to people who have little to no grasp of any of those three. More time to strictly monger.
You are truly delusional. Remember Lee Harvey Oswald? The "Fair Play for Cuba" guy? Did you miss the reports that the guy who shot Gabby Giffords was primarily a nut, and felt slighted by her at previous events? He wasn't a right winger either. How about Squeaky Fromme? Big time righty? I doubt it.

You have this stupid delusion that Democrats are pure and holy, while Republicans are evil and rotten. There's plenty of rot and filth in both major parties. Wake up from your fantasy, man! You're embarrassing yourself!

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #51
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

The Gabby Giffords shooting had nothing to do with politics. The man was a deranged lunatic.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #52
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

I suppose COG isn't willing willing to take the bet.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #53
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

No, I'm not "willing willing" to take the bet. I'm pretty sure my candidate, Gary Johnson, is going to lose. I hate to sound pessimistic, but it's really not looking good for him.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #54
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

based on your posts, you're a Romanian. Or is that a Romulan?

In either event, I don't think you'd put your ass on the line for what you believed.

14,145 x 0 is...
Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #55
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Well, dude, I don't see you leading the way.

So, let's hear it. If Obama goes down to the ignominious defeat he so richly deserves, will you personally commit ECCIE seppuku?

You can't reasonably expect us to sign up for something that you yourself haven't signed up for FIRST.
I noticed that he hasn't made another post sense you called
him on his bull shit. Maybe he just decided to concede.

Or maybe he got orders from Obama to stand down.

ha ha ha ha
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #56
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

http://www.intrade.com/v4/home/
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #57
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post

Horse shit. Let's look at the list.

President: Abraham Lincoln (R)
Assassin: John Wilkes Booth
Political identity and motive:
Booth was a Democrat, angry that Lincoln had freed the slaves and preserved the Union

President: William McKinley (R)
Assassin: Leon Czolgosz
Czolgosz was an anarchist who believed that "there was a great injustice in American society, an inequality which allowed the wealthy to enrich themselves by exploiting the poor," and that he had to do something about it. Mimicking the assassination of King Umberto I of Italy, done for similar reasons, he shot and killed McKinley.

President: John F. Kennedy (D)
Assassin: Lee Harvey Oswald
Defector to the USSR. Earlier attempted to kill General Edwin Walker, who was "an outspoken anti-communist, segregationist and member of the John Birch Society." Controversy about the assassination continues to persist, and Oswald was killed before any real digging could be done, so we are primarily left with his identity (as a defector to the USSR) as the prime indicator

President: Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
Would-be assassin: Giuseppe Zangara
"In the Dade County Courthouse jail, Zangara confessed and stated: 'I have the gun in my hand. I kill kings and presidents first and next all capitalists.'" From Zangara's own words, much can be taken.

President: Harry S Truman (D)
Would-be assassin: Oscar Collazo and Griselio Torresola
Oscar Collazo and Griselio Torresola were members of the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party. Puerto Rican Nationalists, represented by Marxist terrorist groups such as FALN, who were responsible for scores of bombings in the U.S.; they were arguably the most active terrorist group in U.S. history. (Interesting side notes: President Carter freed Collazo in 1979, and President Clinton pardoned several FALN terrorists. Il n'y a aucun ennemi du cote gauche?)

President: Gerald R. Ford (R)
Would-be assassin: Sara Jane Moore
Revolutionary leftist political activist

Sara Jane Moore, said she was blinded by her radical political views at the time, convinced that the government had declared war on the left.

http://www.tobytoons.com/td/left-wing-assassins.html
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #58
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
Didn't the electorate begin to kill a tie in the first place? Now we need a tie breaker, tie breaker?
No, the Electoral College was created because the Founding Fathers understood that democracy was in fact not viable. They also included the provision that, if no candidate got a majority in the Electoral College, that the elections went to Congress.

Originally, the rule was that the majority winner of the Electoral College became President, and the first runner-up became Vice-President. This backfired in a very interesting way, causing the change to the current system where President and Vice-President run together.

There have been a few Presidential elections where no candidate got a majority of the Electoral College, which puts the election into the House of Representatives. They are worth studying.

We used to teach American History in high school, and the Electoral College, including the misfires, was covered in detail in civics class. What happened?
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #59
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
The man was a deranged lunatic.
Obaminable's base.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #60
joe bloe
Valued Poster