Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160718
Yssup Rider60072
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47638
pyramider46370
bambino40347
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35464
Mojojo33117

Old 05-16-2024, 11:02 AM   #16
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

20k to 30k rollcoster ride or 30k to 40k bumper ride and one seem to be time a little better. Only if you can over all math 50% vs 33% what return would you have? If we're smart you took buffet advice and took both.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:42 AM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

From memory I believe since the Great Depression the DJIA hit new highs under every president except Ford, Carter and Roosevelt. I bet the same would be true for the S&P 500.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:45 AM   #18
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian View Post
Yes, indeed. And how very impressive!

And just think ... Joey and his budget-busting buddies in congress have accomplished this while holding the sustained and projected annual run rate of deficit spending to only about the $2+ trillion range.

Also, Joey's most ardent fanboys and fangirls might consider this:

The broad market (S&P 500) only has to climb about 25% from today's level to equal its performance during Donald's 4-year term!

Yeah! But why stop there? Let's go for the full monty!

To be sure, giving Bernie and E-War a free hand in the Senate would be a good start, along with installing AOC as House Ways and Means Chair (or even Speaker).

But for the icing on the cake:

Professor Stephanie Kelton in the Fed chair.

Investors and traders all over the land will be singing then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsT4xnKZPg
Stephanie Kelton as Fed chair! ROTFLMAO!!!!! Let the good times roll! For a little while.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 12:29 PM   #19
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
From memory I believe since the Great Depression the DJIA hit new highs under every president except Ford, Carter and Roosevelt. I bet the same would be true for the S&P 500.
Institutional traders move the markets. IF Biden was doing something that they just don't agree with they would not be hitting the buy button like they have since Biden has been president. AI stocks are the hot thing to buy right now. I would imagine that any company that has dividends and a good earnings forcast are getting some play from the buy and hold folks.

Go Sleepy Joe.
Go Kamala.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:50 PM   #20
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
Institutional traders move the markets. IF Biden was doing something that they just don't agree with they would not be hitting the buy button like they have since Biden has been president. AI stocks are the hot thing to buy right now. I would imagine that any company that has dividends and a good earnings forcast are getting some play from the buy and hold folks.

Go Sleepy Joe.
Go Kamala.
Adav8s28, Institutional traders have time horizons measured in minutes, days or weeks. Institutional investors may, say, buy oil and gas shares if they believe Trump will be president. Or green energy shares if they think Biden will win. But for the most part they don't give a rat's ass who's president either, as that might pertain to market direction. They typically have mandates or practically must remain mostly invested in stocks. And they realize other factors are more important than who's president. As do you and Vitaman based on some of your posts in this thread.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:57 PM   #21
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmany View Post
20k to 30k rollcoster ride or 30k to 40k bumper ride and one seem to be time a little better. Only if you can over all math 50% vs 33% what return would you have? If we're smart you took buffet advice and took both.
You're more mathematically mature than most people Ripmany. That's a compliment.

I'm not sure about Buffet. He often holds a lot of cash. And remember one of his most famous quotes: The stock market is a no-called-strike game. You don’t have to swing at everything–you can wait for your pitch. IMHO this means only buy something when you think it's a slam dunk, and don't be afraid to hold cash.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 02:48 PM   #22
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Adav8s28, Institutional traders have time horizons measured in minutes, days or weeks. Institutional investors may, say, buy oil and gas shares if they believe Trump will be president. Or green energy shares if they think Biden will win. But for the most part they don't give a rat's ass who's president either, as that might pertain to market direction. They typically have mandates or practically must remain mostly invested in stocks. And they realize other factors are more important than who's president. As do you and Vitaman based on some of your posts in this thread.
Tiny, do you think the DJIA would have hit 40,000 today if Institutional traders thought Biden had some policy that was bad for the markets? I use to work out with a trader on Wall St in NYC. We would spot each other on Bench press night. He played college football at BYU. He was a registered republican. For any close presidential election he would stay up till midnight of the election to make sure the republican won. He did that with both Bush43 elections. If the democrat won he would make investment changes the very next morning. You say for the most part traders don't care who the president is, but this guy did.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 03:05 PM   #23
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
Tiny, do you think the DJIA would have hit 40,000 today if Institutional traders thought Biden had some policy that was bad for the markets? I use to work out with a trader on Wall St in NYC. We would spot each other on Bench press night. He played college football at BYU. He was a registered republican. For any close presidential election he would stay up till midnight of the election to make sure the republican won. He did that with both Bush43 elections. If the democrat won he would make investment changes the very next morning. You say for the most part traders don't care who the president is, but this guy did.
Adav8s28, I did say investors may make changes in their portfolios based on who's president, but typically don't give who's president much consideration with respect to market direction, that is, with respect to their view as to whether indices are more likely to go up or down.

And yes, you are correct, and I may have misspoke. Around election time, traders and investors do focus on the candidates. I actually stayed up until about 3:00 AM on the evening after the election in 2016, four hours later than your friend. Share indices plummeted when people became aware that Trump was the likely winner. I was tempted to buy index futures but unfortunately didn't pull the trigger. "Unfortunately" because they soon rebounded. The S&P 500 was at 2131 the day before the election, and closed at 2163 the after after. And the profit on the nominal value of the contract to be made from intraday trading on election eve would have been a lot more than what you'd think from the closing prices on the day before versus the day after. I'd look up the numbers buy my database doesn't go that far back.

As to your question, again, institutional traders have a short time horizon. They're not looking out to election day. As to institutional investors, they believe Biden has policies that are good, bad, and irrelevant for the markets and particular industries and sectors.

A Biden presidency combined with a Republican Senate and/or House would not be a bad outcome for the economy or the markets IMO. All the bastards want to start trade wars though, which will not benefit the economy or the stock market. Please recall the effect of the Smoot Hawley tariffs on the Great Depression.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:21 PM   #24
golferguy55
Valued Poster

Well damn I guess Biden must have screwed something up today since the markets were down and VM seems to think he has control over them. And Tiny your last paragraphs rings volumes as my broker has always said that a divided house and senate and the presidency is always a great thing for the market.
golferguy55 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 06:09 PM   #25
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Sorry Adav8s28, I should have written "notional value of the contracts:"

Quote:
And the profit on the notional value of the contract to be made from intraday trading on election eve would have been a lot more than what you'd think from the closing prices on the day before versus the day after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferguy55 View Post
Well damn I guess Biden must have screwed something up today since the markets were down and VM seems to think he has control over them. And Tiny your last paragraphs rings volumes as my broker has always said that a divided house and senate and the presidency is always a great thing for the market.
Let's make a vow every time the market has a down day to come back to this thread and remind Vitaman of that.

I haven't looked at the correlation between market performance and the composition of government, but wouldn't be surprised if your broker is right. I damn sure know that historically, as venerable members Texas Contrarian and WTF have written here, divided government is good for the deficit. The politicians don't spend as much when they have to get the other side to agree to their wastefulness.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 11:47 PM   #26
Ripmany
BANNED

Quote:
You're more mathematically mature than most people Ripmany. That's a compliment.

I'm not sure about Buffet. He often holds a lot of cash. And remember one of his most famous quotes: The stock market is a no-called-strike game. You don’t have to swing at everything–you can wait for your pitch. IMHO this means only buy something when you think it's a slam dunk, and don't be afraid to hold cash.
Buffet buy and holds but I don't put all his money in. Any one says put it cum on put it all in Run run. It don't matter what the investment is. Stocks market, leverage, gold , house, stay diversified. Have enough cash you don't need to sell. He selling apple stock because it grew to 1/2 of everything brookshire halfway owns.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:52 AM   #27
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Breaking news:

Biden administration getting too much credit for success.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 07:59 AM   #28
Ripmany
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Breaking news:

Biden administration getting too much credit for success.
Not allow by any newest media I know cumom man you going be charged with instruction in anti-establishment materialism.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:26 AM   #29
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I’m sure the housewife who is paying 30% more for just about everything since Biden took office is thrilled about the high stock prices.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:52 AM   #30
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

You are saying the Biden administration should take the blame for that.....but not be given success for record highs on all 3 US indexes ?
VitaMan is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women