Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160602
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #166
CivilBarrister
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I have enjoyed all the Lee Child "Jack Reacher" books.

The new Sycamore Row by John Grisham

And probably one of the best I have ever read.... The Book Thief

BTW, a LOT of good recommendations here.
CivilBarrister is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #167
Iskender
Registered Member

The Chronology of Water: A Memoir by Lidia Yuknavitch

My favorite book of all time. it's not touchy feely, and I heard one person describe it as brutally beautiful , but I reread it often.
Iskender is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #168
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #169
algrace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Richard Hell's Go Now. Just writing the title brings back dirty thoughts about hotel front desk clerks.
algrace is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #170
jgc248
Registered Member

The Past through Tomorrow by Robert Heinlein
Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein

2 of the best books I have ever read
jgc248 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #171
Rogue_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 86

Southern Ladies and Gentlemen by Florence King. The amusing survey of the sociosexual mores of the South including: The good ole’ boy, the dear old thing, the delectable belle, the Jezebelle and the town fairy.

The Killer Inside Me by Jim Thompson. The fictional account of a small town lawman who was psychopathic sadist.

Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig. A very readable account of a technical writers thoughts regarding his struggles in academia, his recurring mental illness, a deep rift in Western philosophy, narrated while on a road trip across the northern states by motorcycle.

The Catcher in the Rye, by J. D. Salinger. About the events leading up to the emotional breakdown of a prep school lad. The anecdote about his disastrous encounter with a prostitute and pimp hit home.

1984 by George Orwell. A very powerful story of an everyman’s struggle to find love and meaning in a nightmarish, totalitarian world.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. A science fiction vision of a utopian world written during the 1930’s that predicted a breakdown of Puritanical sexual morality, oral contraceptives, mass use of brainwashing, universal acceptance of recreational narcotic use, test tube conception, mass consumption of cheap consumer goods, worship of Henry Ford as a deity and Accountants (Controller) running the whole world.

The Age of Triage by Richard L. Rubenstein. An examination of genocide being used since the Tudor Period, thru the Irish Potato Famine, to the Holocaust, then to the expulsion of the ethnic Chinese from Communist Vietnam as a solution to the problem of mass surplus population. The underlying theme is that you better hope you are not in the way of the creative destruction of economic change.

The Green Felt Jungle by Ed Reid & Ovid Demaris. An exposé of the Las Vegas of the Rat Pack era when, “a conservative 10 per cent (of the local population) are in one way or another engaged in the pursuit of prostitution”, and when the Mob’s domination was so absolute that you needed a permit to rob a liquor store.

The Redneck Manifesto by Jim Goad. The scathing description of America’s white underclass, showing its origin during the Colonial period as the one-half of white immigrants who came to the New World indentured, usually for the underlying crime of being part of the surplus population of England and Ireland.

The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman. The best selling history of the months immediately preceding and immediately after the beginning of World War One. The description about how “Some damned foolish thing in the Balkans” (Bismarck) led to a mind numbingly violent clash of the mighty empires of Europe.
Rogue_Gent is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #172
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368
Default The Last Madam by Christine Wiltz

I read mostly nonfiction and I like to read books that take place in my favorite cities. One of my faves is The Last Madam. It's a great read and fun to then do a walking tour of all the places mentioned in the book.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/00/01/3....30lewist.html
Guest062114-5 is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #173
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44
Cool This is How You Lose Her. Junot Diaz

Became a huge fan after he lived up to all hype surrounding The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. This new collection is not quite in that league, but at turns funny, sad, insightful and no one puts that Caribbean male machismo/swagger on the spot like Junot.

Island_Gent is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #174
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Gent View Post
The Redneck Manifesto by Jim Goad. The scathing description of America’s white underclass, showing its origin during the Colonial period as the one-half of white immigrants who came to the New World indentured, usually for the underlying crime of being part of the surplus population of England and Ireland.
Ever heard of his magazine Answer Me? I have seen it reviewed in some metal fanzines back in the day. You know before the internet.
Check out his website. It is politically incorrect!
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #175
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Heinlein's: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Excellent commentary of a future civil war in Earth's near future.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #176
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #177
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
duh dictionary.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #178
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
duh dictionary.
If you are trying to start your drama here, Yssup, please don't.

This forum is so champagne wishes and caviar dreams.
Guest062114-5 is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #179
Eva Damita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 106939
My ECCIE Reviews

" Once Were Warriors" is a must. Also "Ten Thousand Sorrows"
Eva Damita is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #180
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Damita View Post
" Once Were Warriors" is a must.
It was a powerful movie, with a powerful soundtrack. Probably well worth a read, I may give it a go. I suspect it reads like The Blood Runs Like a River Through My Dreams by Nasdijj. I thought Nasdijj's story about a Navajo child dying from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome was a powerful story when I believed it to be non-fiction. Years later, I discovered the author had conned everybody, and his book was fiction.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women