Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #211
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Marketing is a lot like bluffing in poker -- you need to have a consistent story.

For example, consider a game of Hold-em. You have crap for cards at a tight table, nobody has opened so you decide to run a bluff from middle position and bet 3-4x the big blind. Now a bet like this from middle position often signifies a medium/large pocket pair. If the flop comes three blanks but two hearts, you put in a 50-75% of the pot bet to try and take it down. Everyone folds but the guy on the button -- who you think may have his own large pair or something like a nut flush draw. The turn comes up a Jack of Diamonds. Now you put in a pot size bet. You've told a consistent story. Your pre-flop bet said I have a pair. Your second bet says its bigger than the stuff on the board. Your turn bet says its now trip jacks. Even if this guy has pocket Aces, Kings or Queens (about a 4% chance of drawing trips on the last card) or a nut flush draw (a 20% chance), he should fold. Your story is compelling and most rational players will realize their expected chance of winning is much less than their pot odds so they will fold here.

Its the same with marketing. You can't talk about being "high end" and "exclusive" and expect to charge $500/hr if your pictures look like they were taken by your boyfriends cell phone, the website came out of a box, and your last job was standing in for gargoyles. It ain't going to sell.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #212
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Oh My! My head is spinning from all the changes in topic.
My head was spinning before I found this thread...now it is going like 78RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
yes that is because i am ONLY CATERING TO THE ELITE and offer QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
(that is when i am not broke - when i am broke its exactly the other way round - then i cater to the rest of the bastards and offer quantity over quality :-))) hahahahahaha) (just joking)

i cater to everyone. if a nice gent can`t afford my rates and has proof of it i even lower them. ha,.
and construction workers welcome! I consider them elite!!
Nina, with all due respect, you are new here and have introduced many different topics that have been asked/answered and discussed (at great length) in the forum over the last year or so here. You might benefit from doing some reading and getting a sense of the landscape.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #213
John Bull
Valued Poster

Quote:
and your last job was standing in for gargoyles. by PJ
You may be sure that I'll steal this phrase. Love it!!
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #214
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Marketing is a lot like bluffing in poker -- you need to have a consistent story.

For example, consider a game of Hold-em. You have crap for cards at a tight table, nobody has opened so you decide to run a bluff from middle position and bet 3-4x the big blind. Now a bet like this from middle position often signifies a medium/large pocket pair. If the flop comes three blanks but two hearts, you put in a 50-75% of the pot bet to try and take it down. Everyone folds but the guy on the button -- who you think may have his own large pair or something like a nut flush draw. The turn comes up a Jack of Diamonds. Now you put in a pot size. You've told a consistent story. You pre-flop bet said I have a pair. Your second bet says its bigger than the stuff on the board. Your turn bet says its now trip jacks. Even if this guy has pocket Aces or Kings or a nut flush draw, he should fold. Your story is compelling and most rational players will fold here.

Its the same with marketing. You can't talk about being "high end" and "exclusive" and expect to charge $500/hr if your pictures look like they were taken by your boyfriends cell phone, the website came out of a box, and your last job was standing in for gargoyles. It ain't going to sell.
But to build on your (well done) analogy, many of the players in this game are not rational, so many get away with inconsistent marketing/branding and as a result confuse the hell out of things
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #215
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
But to build on your (well done) analogy, many of the players in this game are not rational, so many get away with inconsistent marketing/branding and as a result confuse the hell out of things
Agreed! And lots of people believe that Denny's food is delicious.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #216
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Denny's says its food is delicious.
It's a legend in its own mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
and Starbucks thinks they know how to make coffee!
I've always thought Starbucks was overrated and overpriced. Just give me an old fashioned cup of joe any day (occasionally an excellent Kona).

Quote:
And lots of people believe that Denny's food is delicious.
I don't know how the stores (they are not restaurants) stay open. The food sucks, the service is poor and the customer service is non-existent. That about takes care of every facet of a good establishment.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #217
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Good advice is good advice, enlightened folks know coal does not diminish the diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
You're not someone I would look to for advice on being enlightened.
That wasn't my advice, it was Gandhi's.

Do you wish to comment on the advice or put down the one who offered it to you for free and with a humble heart?

How many enlightened people embrace hate btw, be very difficult to make it to the final stage of enlightenment with that mind-set?

Quote:
I didn't make any qualitative judgments. I just pointed out that there is a difference between what someone says for marketing and what they believe.

Denny's says its food is delicious.
Denny's says its food is delicious? I thought they mostly advertised great deals on breakfest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4DNsm4A2I&feature=re lated

Quote:
Agreed! And lots of people believe that Denny's food is delicious.
PJ, they think it is a good deal and it is to them. Damn near anything taste good to a poor hungry fuc'er.......

are you teasing me with a Grand Slam Special? Yummy, Yummy!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #218
John Bull
Valued Poster

Most of the Denny's in my neck of the woods closed because they were so dirty and poorly managed that people quit going.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #219
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Denny's says its food is delicious? I thought they mostly advertised great deals on breakfest.
Like most businesses, they use different claims at different times.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #220
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
what does long winded mean? sorry my english is not that perfect :-)
Since you are being compared to WTF, it means you talk a lot without much substance.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #221
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Heh, I had a long running joke with a gal I saw occasionally about going to Applebees. I managed to get her a t-shirt that the staff at Applebees were given but never did manage to do a dinner there, she retired before I got the chance (no, the 2 are not related lol)
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #222
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Are you calling them a bait and switch kind of place?
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #223
pjorourke
Valued Poster

In Denny's case, its a bacon and sausage kind of place.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #224
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Come on Ans, the playground is big enough for a few more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Since you are being compared to WTF, it means you talk a lot without much substance.
I thought that was the point of the forum. I sure as hell haven't seen any posts choked full of substance.

Now Ans, long winded had already been explained to her, why you using dat post to bust my chops? You mad at me cause of the braille joke?

Quote:

Well delicious hasn't been one of them!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #225
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Most of the Denny's in my neck of the woods closed because they were so dirty and poorly managed that people quit going.
I quit going due to that, and also on principle to object to the blatant discrimination in which they engaged.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women