Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47564
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #16
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
As has come to light in the past few days (again), personal or corporate income tax for the extremely well off is a joke and has been so for many years. It's just a talking point with no "there" there. There are many ways to argue it, even the point of spending $$$ on accountants and lawyers to avoid paying taxes - hmmm, money out is still money out - it's just personal preference. I suppose an accountant or lawyer is more deserving of the cash than others who are poor, old, whatever. One can argue that and make some valid points.

But, the credit rating "news" is just a way to point out to us who are NOT in DC how nice it would be if Congress got its stuff together and actually did something for the country instead of the interests who own them - R or D.

Top 1% of earners pay 40% of income tax
Top 10% of earners pay 70% of income tax
47% of earners pay no income tax
40% of earners make a profit off the tax system [get money from government]

what is the moral justification to use the force of government to take money from one person and give it to someone else who is able to support himself?

Do you agree with equality of opportunity for all citizens, or equality of result?

Shouldn't somebody who works longer and smarter be entitled to more?

Of all the politicians who received money from BP, the one that received the most in history from BP is Obama [and he hasn't been a politician all that long!]....corporations usually obey the tax laws but the problem is the tax loopholes written by politicians who put their self interest ahead of the citizens' interests.........one partial answer is term limits
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

For the last 70 years, one of these countries pursued policies of big government/interventionism/crony capitalism -- the other small small government/laissez-faire economics. Anyone care to guess which is which?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled picture.jpg (25.6 KB, 105 views)
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #18
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

47% pay no income tax.....

Obama's approval rating is 47%.....Hmmmm lol.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDpiP92z2G8
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #20
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Hell, I'll Feed the Troll.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Top 1% of earners pay 40% of income tax
Top 10% of earners pay 70% of income taxAt a lower rate than the other 90%
47% of earners pay no income taxWell, if one makes $20K and has a family - so?
40% of earners make a profit off the tax system [get money from government]I'm sure they're all driving Rolls down to the Welfare office...lol! Haven't heard the "welfare Cadillac" dodge trotted out in years

what is the moral justification to use the force of government to take money from one person and give it to someone else who is able to support himself?Beats the shit out of me, why not ask whomever is responsible for all of the world's religions. OR, since you're so good with stats, what % of those benefiting from receiving government assistance do not work, or, better yet, what percentage of working people receive governmental assistance yet still work? You might actually be surprised at the answer to that.

Do you agree with equality of opportunity for all citizens, or equality of result?This means nothing in the context of what is actually being discussed.

Shouldn't somebody who works longer and smarter be entitled to more?See previous answer^

Of all the politicians who received money from BP, the one that received the most in history from BP is Obama [and he hasn't been a politician all that long!]....corporations usually obey the tax laws but the problem is the tax loopholes written by politicians who put their self interest ahead of the citizens' interests.........one partial answer is term limitsWe have term limits, they're called elections. I guess you couldn't see the part where I said D or R, eh?
Uggghhhhhh!
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #21
EJunkie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Uggghhhhhh!

Is there a Troll food icon?

Should there be?
EJunkie is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #22
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Uggghhhhhh!

Don't let facts interfere with what you want to believe......

At a lower rate than the other 90%
Take a look at your tax rate table then give us the correct answer.....
47% of earners pay no income taxWell, if one makes $20K and has a family - so?a family of 4 with 2 children under 16 and earning $50k pays no tax.....
40% of earners make a profit off the tax system [get money from government]I'm sure they're all driving Rolls down to the Welfare office...lol! Haven't heard the "welfare Cadillac" dodge trotted out in years
I'm not even talking about welfare, I'm talking about a tax refund for taxes they never paid because of deductions/credits etc.!!!!!!!! Actual monetary redistribution of wealth Comrade Candy!!!
what is the moral justification to use the force of government to take money from one person and give it to someone else who is able to support himself?Beats the shit out of me [tempting]why not ask whomever is responsible for all of the world's religions.religion advocates charity without force, and charity of your choosing] OR, since you're so good with stats, what % of those benefiting from receiving government assistance do not work, what percent of those should be working? You love to reward people for being lazy and stupid.....if you require them to take care of themselves, they will or, better yet, what percentage of working people receive governmental assistance yet still work? conservatives like me have no problem helping those who do their best to help themselves, though, hopefully, they didn't make their situation worse by poor personal decisions You might actually be surprised at the answer to that. 14% of people are now on food stamps....60% of school children receive free or subsidized school meals......

Do you agree with equality of opportunity for all citizens, or equality of result?This means nothing in the context of what is actually being discussed.
Yes it does Comrade Candy....equality of result is the goal of redistributionists......
Shouldn't somebody who works longer and smarter be entitled to more?See previous answer^
this has everything to do with this....it's about a tax system that rewards the lazy and stupid and punishes achievement....you and your comrades believe that those who are successful didn't earn their success....they were lucky or took advantage of others....not true!!!!!!!! tax system needs to be fair......those who achieve benefit society more than non-achievers because they provide goods and services to people at affordable prices and provide jobs through their spending, effort and investment.....
Of all the politicians who received money from BP, the one that received the most in history from BP is Obama [and he hasn't been a politician all that long!]....corporations usually obey the tax laws but the problem is the tax loopholes written by politicians who put their self interest ahead of the citizens' interests.........one partial answer is term limitsWe have term limits, they're called elections.only term limit is on president through Amendment 22 and that was passed in reaction to that commie FDR I guess you couldn't see the part where I said D or R, eh? R's are bad, D's are worse......Wall Street gives their money primarily to D's.......the common man is better of with R's rather than D's
Old 04-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #23
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJunkie View Post
Is there a Troll food icon?
Maybe not an icon, but an avatar:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trollfood.jpg (8.8 KB, 91 views)
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #24
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Maybe not an icon, but an avatar:
charlestupor2005..........
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #25
mikkifine
Account Disabled

User ID: 1641
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Oh Dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
We are so fucked. We better all learn to speak Greek.

Speaking Greek should be for pleasure.
mikkifine is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #26
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Comrade Candy Here.....

Hell, Marshalalalalalalalalalala (while holding your ears), just wish you were as good with cogent arguments as you are inventing names.

I kinda like it, actually

Reminds me of a story my ol' Pappy once told me, something about an acorn and a blind hog.....
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #27
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
I kinda like it, actually
I knew you'd like it...........
Reminds me of a story my ol' Pappy once told me, something about an acorn and a blind hog....
did he ever tell you the story about the hooker and the nun with dysentery?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #28
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
47% pay no income tax.....

Obama's approval rating is 47%.....Hmmmm lol.
I'm not sure who said it, but...If your rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's vote.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #29
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
I'm not sure who said it, but...If your rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's vote.
Not so fast. The trick is to never let Paul think you will rob him to pay Mark or Luke....which is the pickle our current POTUS finds himself...
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #30
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The University of Texas knows shit is about to hit the fan; they just bought $1 billion of gold bullion, yes gold bars, the real thing.....

http://www.usagold.com/cpmforum/2011...akes-delivery/
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women