Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47566
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
AnnelieseBell
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 150209

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfriend4now View Post
I went to a expensive restaurant on a party of six. We mostly drink wines and eat a little which come to a bill $978.47. Tip on 20% on total bill of $1000 is $200 dollars. If a server waited 5 tables of totalled bills of $1000 each then the tips would be $1000 for the day.Working 5 days equal to $5000 a week or $20,000 a month. Annual income going to be whopping $240,000.00 yearly. Wow. I needs to sell my business and wait tables.
So true. I once read an article about the service jobs in Las Vegas. They were talking about what a great place it is for uneducated people to earn a good living. I don't remember all the figures but some of them were valets average $120,000/year; bellboys average $80,000/year; bartenders average $1,500/night + $8/hr & healthcare because they're unionized. Not bad. I remember seeing barbacks driving Mercedes' when I was out there.
AnnelieseBell is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #17
AnnelieseBell
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 150209

I'm filling up the page.... My initial response to this was that from now on I'm paying with cash when I get bad service. Bad service doesn't deserve a good tip just because I'm afraid of being bullied. I'm a very undemanding customer, but I've had a bartender ignore me for seriously over 10 minutes while she flirted with some guy. When I mentioned I'd been waiting for quite some time she said "I know. What do you want?" in an irritated tone. That's bad service. I had a waitress walk into the kitchen while texting on her cell phone and laughing when she saw me trying to get her attention. That's bad service. But we all know girls like that would be the first to out me as a cheapo on that board.
AnnelieseBell is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #18
Exotic Beauty
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 11213
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooSlinger View Post
I tip 25% it can go farther up, It can also go way down, especially if somebody;

1) Comes by my table every 5 minutes asking me if I need anything.

2) If they ask me when I have food in my mouth (its like wtf cant you see I'm eating right now) It would be more appropriate is the server just briefly stopped at the table and paused without saying anything. I'm not an infant I can talk, I'll let you know if I want something.

3) Don't come to my table when my glass is half full, grab it and fill it up again. DAMN it I got my iced tea exactly the way I wanted it and by filling it up you just fucked it up!!!!

4) NEVER EVER EVER grab my glass by the top.

5) Bring me a new glass of tea with fresh ice, Don't just fill up the glass I just used.

Lol! I can SO relate to #3 on this list! WOW! Seems like customer service has seemed to depreciatte in the past few years or longer...just my personal opinion and over 50% of jobs I have on my resume are all customer service related.Its kinda bad to inform a waiter or waitress before ordering "I used to wait tables and enjoyed it etc" or something to let them know ahead that you know customer service,JUST to get better service...That does not always work either though. I like this thread.Thanks for letting me share.
Exotic Beauty is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
74comet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

I usually start at 20% and where it goes from there is entirely up to the wait staff. I do tip on the total bill, taxes included. One additional thing I do is to round up to the next dollar amount. For example if the bill with gratuity comes to $48.53 I will make the final amount $49.00. This is for two reasons A) if I have had too much to drink they can do the math for me LOL. B) If I have left a minimal tip, or no tip at all, when I get my AMEX statement I will know if they have altered the tip amount. And yes I have had this happen. I know...you are thinking cheap MF, but in this instance the service, or lack there of, was so pathetic they needed to made aware of their attitude.
74comet is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
*GoddessDallas*
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35145

I tip 20%.
*GoddessDallas* is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
strawberrycar934
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

How does this not violate eccie rules? It lists real names?
strawberrycar934 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
guest073113-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 136274
My ECCIE Reviews

I tip based on services and Attitude, I am in the industry to receive so I want to give as well.
guest073113-2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
SydneySin
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 152436

I think having a database of lousy tippers is kinda stupid. I mean what if they are tourists or new to the country and not know it is custom in America to tip? Not every country in the world has tipping so the database is flawed to those who are new to the country.

In Australia.. tipping is not costumed so When i went on vacation to America with my mother. She did not know u had to tip. I had to tell her about it and even after i told her. She would forget the next day because it's not something she was used to. So basically i had to remind her 3 times a day that she had to tip. lol if it wasn't for me. she would not have tipped 1 single person at all. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontbering View Post
I tip based on services and Attitude
+1 with this.
SydneySin is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
34E Whitney Weston
Catch me while you can

User ID: 151509
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Being in a tipping industry I do tip 20% if service is average, 15% for poor, great personality goes up to 30-50%
Just my method
34E Whitney Weston is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #25
Indefinable Ms. M
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35608
My ECCIE Reviews

I managed bars and restaurants for almost 20 years, so I always tip a minimum of 20%. There are times when service really sucks but you have to ask yourself why . The server could be just overloaded which is managements fault so why punish the server with a lousy tip. They are doing the best they can. Also depending on your gender, race, etc, this may affect your service due to stereotyping by the server. Years ago most women did not travel for business, nor went out to dinner alone so they were not educated about the proper percentage to tip. Servers did not like dealing with them because they considered the ladies too high maintenance and knew that the tip was only going to be 5 maybe 10% if they were lucky.
European customers who have never traveled abroad do not know to tip as it is always including on their bill in their country. In every customer service based industry there are always going to be good customers and jackass customers, just as there are going to be good servers and servers who are complete idiots.
Indefinable Ms. M is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #26
lushlondon
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 148981
My ECCIE Reviews

When dating, hobbyists and IRL, I *always* peek at the tip section of the bill.

Acceptable minimum:
Service is excellent to outstanding - 20%+
Service is average to good - 15-20%
Service is poor - 10-15%
Beyond atrocious - 10% min and polite explanation to staff or leadership

If he does not pick up my tab or takes it out of my donation - he lands on my DNS list, and I'll probably share the story.
If he makes a production of paying cash or groans about the bill (bragging about his money by "complaining") - I would be embarrassed to be seen with him.
If he discreetly picks up the 3 figure bill (sans decimal) and does not unnecessarily discuss the cost - I will go out of my way to accommodate him. This is a keeper.

How he treats service staff (especially in unpleasant circumstances) is an excellent indication of how he'll treat me once the novelty is passed. Am I being spoiled and picky? Yes. Because I can.
lushlondon is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #27
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

After watching an old episode of "3rd Rock from the Sun", I have wanted to try the method practiced by John Lithgow's character. At the start of the meal, he had placed a stack of bills on the table. Depending on how the waitstaff met his expectations, he would either remove or add a bill to the stack. I rarely carry that many bills in my wallet.

Whenever I travel overseas, I keep forgetting that tipping in some countries is 100% optional and really for service beyond expectation. Years ago in Sydney, I felt bad that I didn't have sufficient bills to tip as I was paying by credit card. The credit slip did allow for tipping. I ended up leaving about 5% in change. When I mentioned this to the concierge at my hotel, she stated that waitstaff get paid a living wage and don't depend on tips.

In the following article, the standard may soon be 30% in NYC.
S-Man is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #28
Guest110512
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Let me give you a tip I got from a bartender. The guy next to me was saying what great tips she made and how it is all tax free. When he paid his bill he left a nice tip on his CC. She then asked him how this tip is tax free.................I light came on right away! Anything left on a card that is ran thru the register is not tax free. I always leave my tips in cash and they can do as they see fit to claim it or not. I have heard that some places automatically add a certain percentage of tip to the income of the server as reported tips. Don't know how that can be legal but it would suck.

Also if you let my drink glass run empty because texting your friend or bullshitting with your pals is more important you won't get a tip. If you are busting your ass with tables and my drink runs empty that is a different deal. In short if you are putting forth an effort to provide good service I will leave a 20% tip, if you are looking for a handout because you showed up for work you are waiting on the wrong guy.
Guest110512 is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #29
Guest071315
Account Disabled

User ID: 2857
My ECCIE Reviews

I spy some bad tippers!!!!

I waited tables so I know how it feels to work a double, give great service, and have a lousy tip. It is 2012! The standard is no longer 10-15%; our cost of living has gone up and the workload has increased!

I can understand if you receive poor service with wanting to leave absolutely nothing but I give the benefit of the doubt. Were they swamped? Is it rush hour and they are short? Do they have to make their own salads and desserts? Are they having a bad day? How would you feel if you didn't get paid or had a drastic cut for the work you did because you had a terrible day and bad attitude? It happens to everyone.

I happily start at 20% after the tax amount. If they did a good job, I drink a lot of water, I tend to give more. If I can't afford to tip appropriately, I don't eat out. I make a mean spaghetti! LOL If I receive horrible service, I let the manager know on my way out. This saves any embarassment for someone already having a crap day.

Since I am in a service industry line of work, I always tip well since I believe in karma. Don't kill me with words for my post. You are entitled to pay what you want bc you earned. Just putting in my 2cents.
Guest071315 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women