Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47611
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
RebeccaRothko
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21423

Dali in either city.
RebeccaRothko is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #17
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
West Ham?Millwall? QPR?
If you want football I'll take you see the pool play...or a lower division team in the North..but no southern teams. That'd be like taking a Red Sox fan to a Yankees game

C x

edited to add: The pool = Liverpool
So....you WERE paying attention....just checking....

C, she didn't say she was going to the Pool. If she had, I've CERTAINLY recommended she check out some "proper" football.....at Goodison Park!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #18
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I'm not complaining about these ISO/requests for information on various cities but would humbly request a trip report following in exchange for all of the great suggestions given. Where did you actually go? What was your experience.

I think LS recently asked something similar about Chicago. Where did you go? How did you like it? Thoughts....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
I'm not complaining about these ISO/requests for information on various cities but would humbly request a trip report following in exchange for all of the great suggestions given. Where did you actually go? What was your experience.

I think LS recently asked something similar about Chicago. Where did you go? How did you like it? Thoughts....

Maybe she didn't go anywhere...just is editing a guide for Canadian AAA.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

If you enjoy old cemeterys Highgate cemetery in London is truly beautiful, and gives you a pretty good idea of how people there once lived.

http://www.highgate-cemetery.org/

I lived in London for a short time , and this was my favorite place to visit.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #21
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post

Love it! I would love to hear how some of these suggestions pan out incase I head there(again) also. Beats asking again too.
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #22
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
So....you WERE paying attention....just checking....

C, she didn't say she was going to the Pool. If she had, I've CERTAINLY recommended she check out some "proper" football.....at Goodison Park!
Which reminds me...I wore a Leeds shirt during the WC.
Someone walked past me and said with a sigh, "The rise...and FALLLLL"
Even I laughed at that

Sorry for thread hijack.
Can I ask for info about the South of France if anyone has been too rather than starting a new thread (hope that's ok Lauren)?. Never been south....and without resorting to the obvious Nice, St Topez etc...anyone any other suggestions on towns villages to visit/museums/historical stuff?

TY C xx
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #23
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Quote:
Which reminds me...I wore a Leeds shirt during the WC.
Someone walked past me and said with a sigh, "The rise...and FALLLLL"
Even I laughed at that
"...and the re-birth."

Sixth in the Championship 4 games in, 1st year back up certainly leaves reason to believe things are finally looking up for the Peacocks. One more promotion & they're back where they belong!

Quote:
Sorry for thread hijack.
Can I ask for info about the South of France if anyone has been too rather than starting a new thread (hope that's ok Lauren)?. Never been south....and without resorting to the obvious Nice, St Topez etc...anyone any other suggestions on towns villages to visit/museums/historical stuff?

TY C xx
I'd be interested in that as well. Same question for south of Spain. Perhaps a "sticky" folder w/in this area....
Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #24
Mr.Oneeye
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Talk about a 'goosebumps moment'

Good Afternoon All;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
"...and the re-birth."

Sixth in the Championship 4 games in, 1st year back up certainly leaves reason to believe things are finally looking up for the Peacocks. One more promotion & they're back where they belong!
The very idea that I might see a thread with posts mentioning 'The Damned United' would never have crossed my mind; particularly as I grew up there during the reign of Mr. Revie.

As to London, where I now live, I like to take visitors around the City and see the juxtaposition of cutting edge 20th/21st century architecture right next to 15th century churches. Whilst there, a visit to the recently renovated Museum of London is well worth it. Then go to St. Bart's, now a major hospital but originally a church dating from the 12th century, just walk around the exterior of the church and you can see building styles & extensions dating from every century since then. Walk across the road to Smithfield, the last of the old wholesale markets still operating on its original site in London. Then wander down to Borough Market and see how the markets have changed here.

The British Museum is an absolute 'must', but it can be overwhelming, my suggestion is to pick a single gallery and do it in detail.

If you are interested, try to get a ticket to something playing at The National Theatre (and going there and coming back, for god's sake walk across the bridge to get one of the best views in all of London), if you can, try for a ticket at either the Donmar Warehouse or the Menier chocolate factory.

I am not a big fan of Paris (neither were any of the people in the Languedoc, where I once lived) so I can't really help you there.

Safe travels
Cyclops
Mr.Oneeye is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #25
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Default Wander about

My favorite thing to do in an unfamiliar ciry is just pick an interesting neighborhood or section of town & wander around. No fancy agenda. If a shop or a park looks interesting explore it. Choose a luncheon spot not out of a guide book but because it smells good, has a full patio and/or an appealing menu outside the door. Reward yourself for all of the walking by stopping in a few pubs and enjoying a libation or three. Go back to the hotel and take a nap or better yet take a lover & then prepare for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Oneeye View Post
Good Afternoon All;

The very idea that I might see a thread with posts mentioning 'The Damned United' would never have crossed my mind; particularly as I grew up there during the reign of Mr. Revie.

As to London, where I now live, I like to take visitors around the City and see the juxtaposition of cutting edge 20th/21st century architecture right next to 15th century churches. Whilst there, a visit to the recently renovated Museum of London is well worth it. Then go to St. Bart's, now a major hospital but originally a church dating from the 12th century, just walk around the exterior of the church and you can see building styles & extensions dating from every century since then. Walk across the road to Smithfield, the last of the old wholesale markets still operating on its original site in London. Then wander down to Borough Market and see how the markets have changed here.

The British Museum is an absolute 'must', but it can be overwhelming, my suggestion is to pick a single gallery and do it in detail.

If you are interested, try to get a ticket to something playing at The National Theatre (and going there and coming back, for god's sake walk across the bridge to get one of the best views in all of London), if you can, try for a ticket at either the Donmar Warehouse or the Menier chocolate factory.

I am not a big fan of Paris (neither were any of the people in the Languedoc, where I once lived) so I can't really help you there.

Safe travels
Cyclops
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #26
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Damned!!! Mazomaniac is absolutely right. I can't believe I omitted the Ste. Chappelle. An amazing building tucked away within the Palais du Justice complex. Just stunning. I think it's the prettiest church in the world.

Also, learn to use the Metro. It is amazingly easy to use and a great way to get around.

I also like the idea of picking a neighborhood and learning your way around that one area. I'd suggest the Marais, the 7th arondisment, the 6th near Odeon, or Montmartre. Those, plus the Latin Quarter near Cardinale Lemoine are my favorite stomping grounds.

If you're interested in cemeteries, Pere Lachaise cemetary in Paris is incomparable. Many famous graves including Chopin, Colette, Satre, Oscar Wilde, Abelard, Honere' de Balzac, Modigliani, Jim Morrison, etc.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #27
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post

If you're interested in cemeteries, Pere Lachaise cemetary in Paris is incomparable. Many famous graves including Chopin, Colette, Satre, Oscar Wilde, Abelard, Honere' de Balzac, Modigliani, Jim Morrison, etc.
Baudelaire is also buried there. I love that cemetery.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #28
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Oneeye View Post
Good Afternoon All;

At your service, Sir. We've a little something for everyone here...
Old 09-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #29
Mr.Oneeye
Lifetime Premium Access

Default But it is in the XXe arondissement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post

Good Evening Cinghiale;

You are correct that Père Lachaise is worth a visit, but if I recall the OP was only in Europe for a short period & the cemetery is quite a way out of town, making a visit there half a day's work.

I would suggest staying in town, in both London & Paris, if you don't have at least a week in each place. If you have sufficient time, then trips north and south can be worthwhile in the UK and (IMHO) the best, reasonably quick trip out of Paris would be to Lyon, which is the food capital of France (which some would say makes it the food capital of the world, but not me).

It matters little which of our suggestions you pick, you are pretty much guaranteed a damned good time in either/both locales.

Enjoy the trip
Cyclops
Mr.Oneeye is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #30
Sydneyb
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5481

As a lover of food and authentic experience, I have been saving this article for my spring trip to Paris. Based on the same type of desire for genuine connections - whether its strangers serving you food or the patron that is feeding it to you- It seems as though you would enjoy this kind of experience too.
Its an article on underground restaurants - tables of 4-10 in flats throughout the city. This is the link http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/fa...rtments&st=cse
Also - one thing I learned while eating in Florence is 3 star michelin restaurants are a bad value. If you're looking for exciting and innovative cooking by stellar chefs, go to the 1 and 2 star michelins - they are still trying to make their stars, and are often excellent.
Enjoy! Perhaps I will see you at a sidewalk cafe.....
Sydneyb is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women