Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 01-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #46
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
uuuhhhh. Maybe just maybe the USA feels the world is overpopulated? Natural disasters are mother natures way of taking care of that. Not to say that I don't have a heart and truly feel for the people in Haiti.

400 years ago who would have come to their aid and how?
So you would be okay if Ga or any other state for that matter, didn't help you guys down in Houston when y'all get a hurricane or floods? After all Houston is mighty populated.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #47
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
So you would be okay if Ga or any other state for that matter, didn't help you guys down in Houston when y'all get a hurricane or floods? After all Houston is mighty populated.
I don't think Sofia meant domestically Ans.
I think she was talking countries outside of the US.
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #48
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1

It has been since Katrina. Homicide went up 30%, home invasions went up, rape, robbery. The walls of the Astrodome were pissed and shit on. It was destroyed. They got on a bus came here and STAYED..

I would be smart enough to SUPER over insure all my possessions ( with a camera and pics with me) and take a vacation......If I were in a lower socio economic group I would be kind to my host city....I would not be one of the thugs screaming " WE ARE GOING TO TAKE OVER HOUSTON" on the news........How would you feel if in GA all of a sudden you woke up one day and the murder rate went up 30%? How would you feel about your family and friends....What if there were people lurking in your neighborhood you KNOW were out to steal...Not for water or food, that I would give them, but teenagers with their pants hanging so low a plumber would be ashamed, and a knee high on their head....But looking to steal cars and such....Would you think it was lovely?
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #49
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
I don't think Sofia meant domestically Ans.
I think she was talking countries outside of the US.
Still, it does not take a huge leap to move from abroad to domestic regions
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #50
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #51
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1

Where will they go? The DR has too much tourism $$ to have Haitians around and I am ASSUMING the crime rate will go up......Were will they go?
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #52
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
August of 2004: Another blackout in NYC, this one more similar in scope to 1965. People behave similar to 1965.
And I had no Internet access. I was ready to riot.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #53
Guest083011
Account Disabled

FWIW, one of the listservs I inhabit has supported an orphanage in Haiti for a bunch of years. They are raising funds that is directly transferred into the orphanage account where they are buying medical supplies, gas, food, etc. immediately. I'm not sure if I want to publicly post the link. I'll be happy to send it privately. I like the idea that 100% is transferred and going quickly to the island.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #54
Nicolette Morgandy
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1985
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
FWIW, one of the listservs I inhabit has supported an orphanage in Haiti for a bunch of years. They are raising funds that is directly transferred into the orphanage account where they are buying medical supplies, gas, food, etc. immediately. I'm not sure if I want to publicly post the link. I'll be happy to send it privately. I like the idea that 100% is transferred and going quickly to the island.
Please forward the link to my in box or email so that I can make a contribution.
Nicolette Morgandy is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #55
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholetteM View Post
Please forward the link to my in box or email so that I can make a contribution.
There is something else I'd like to put in your inbox, too. Link in transit. Thank you so very much.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #56
Guest083011
Account Disabled

I cautiously am releasing this. It is for good things. http://www.rennwish.org/release.htm
Contribute what you can.
The main page:
http://rennwish.org/
Old 01-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #57
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:

August of 2004: Another blackout in NYC, this one more similar in scope to 1965. People behave similar to 1965. Reports of crime and looting are rare.
Actually I think you mean Aug '03. Ordinarily I'm not great on dates, but I happened to be in the City working on a project I remember vividly. In fact before I realized the severity of the situation, my first thought when the lights went out was how this f'd up the very expensive work I was doing and would would end up with the bill. To no avail, I pleaded with the people I'd assembled to hang around for at least 15 minutes -- surely the lights will come back on. Maybe a commentary on how sometimes people, myself included, get so immersed in our own lives, we lose sight of the bigger picture. But I digress...

...Once we figured out the lights weren't coming on anytime soon...it became one of the most surreal scenes of my life...I fully expected complete chaos, but for the most part it was complete order....tens of thousands of people walking up and down Broadway...no trampling or pushing aside strangers. I really think the loss of 9/11 was fresh on the mind and had a lot to do with the situation.

I was one of the lucky ones. It was a couple mile walk to Soho but I already had a hotel room that I was occupying. While the hotel couldn't accomodate all of the requests from stranded people walking in off of the street it did allow people to stay/sleep in the lobby and restaurants, even offering blankets (ironically it was hot as hell in August and the a/c was out but I guess blankets afford a sense of safety/security0.

By nitefall people had sorted out where they would spend the night for the most part & most of the area residents had returned home. The outdoor cafes were full of people eating whatever did not require electricity to cook by candlelight. But allaround a calm; not a panic. I read a book by candlelight in my room before I got tired enough to sleep.

The only gouging I experienced was the $250* I paid a cabbie for what should have been a $50-60 ride to Newark Airport (which had power restored and flights resumed) the following morning.

*One thing I was proud of myself for from a chaos-savvy standpoint was I realized early on that cash would be king as credit card machines would not be working, so as soon as I got back to the hotel I asked them to cash a personal check, which they did.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #58
Guest020510
Account Disabled

User ID: 4941
Angry

Quote:
Ok. Make the leap, then, if its not so huge. No, though...right?

A world of difference between Katrina and Haiti-even more difference between looting or behaviours/crowd psych during disaster induced mayhem and simply mayhem(RK riots), but nuance is a bitch. WAY more of a bitch than karma.
Guest020510 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #59
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineveh View Post
Ok. Make the leap, then, if its not so huge. No, though...right?

A world of difference between Katrina and Haiti-even more difference between looting or behaviours/crowd psych during disaster induced mayhem and simply mayhem(RK riots), but nuance is a bitch. WAY more of a bitch than karma.
Perhaps next time a storm like Ike hits I will make that leap just to satisfy you
Old 01-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #60
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Atl: yeah it was 2003.