Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40435
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #76
Liliana Vess
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168138

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulflover View Post
If you like detective fiction, Michael Connelly is solid and Robert Crais is outstanding. His Elvis Cole novels have a poetic melancholy that can just about make you cry. Harlan Coben's novels are electric but feeling kind of one note, except his Myron Bolitar books are still great.
I just could not get into this for some reason. I honestly gave it the old college try and finally gave up. Not sure if I just couldn't relate to the character? I am beginning to think I only really like any detective/mystery type books with female leads/female authors, maybe it's a it's just more relate able?

Exception being the Dresden Files, because that is an awesome series, of course!
Liliana Vess is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #77
gulflover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

You couldn't get into the Harry Bosch series? Did you start from the beginning? It may not be your cup of tea.

For female lead, the Jack Daniels series from J.A. Konrath is pretty good. Male author, though.
gulflover is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #78
Hottassamelia
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1300
My ECCIE Reviews

I loved "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy...one of the my all time fav's..

I also enjoy almost anything from Harlan Coben...
and a great girly book I read a while back.."Here on Earth" by Alice Hoffman
Hottassamelia is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #79
Liliana Vess
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168138

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulflover View Post
You couldn't get into the Harry Bosch series? Did you start from the beginning? It may not be your cup of tea.

For female lead, the Jack Daniels series from J.A. Konrath is pretty good. Male author, though.
I started reading 'The Black Echo' and I am about 3/4 though. I start to pick it up again and just get 'meh' with all the Vietnam drama stuff. Does the series improve? If so, I'll try to get through the book!

I'll check out the other series mentioned. I don't have anything against male authors, just noticed when I was thinking about this thread the ones I have liked the most have been female auths with female leads.

Oh and forgot to mention below, but agreed on Anita Blake. It's a nice 'world' but the sex stuff gets pretty contrived after awhile. I think I preferred her Merry Gentry stuff after awhile....sex fairies instead of sex vampires.
Liliana Vess is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #80
gulflover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana Vess View Post
I started reading 'The Black Echo' and I am about 3/4 though. I start to pick it up again and just get 'meh' with all the Vietnam drama stuff. Does the series improve? If so, I'll try to get through the book!
I think so. I seem to remember the one I thought was really good was Concrete Blonde.

Quote:
I'll check out the other series mentioned. I don't have anything against male authors, just noticed when I was thinking about this thread the ones I have liked the most have been female auths with female leads.
No problem, I was trying to think of female fiction authors I read and can't think of much. Alex Kava comes to mind. Now for fantasy, Jennifer Fallon and Fiona McIntosh are both quite good. The Aussies are exporting some interesting stuff from women authors.

Quote:
Oh and forgot to mention below, but agreed on Anita Blake. It's a nice 'world' but the sex stuff gets pretty contrived after awhile. I think I preferred her Merry Gentry stuff after awhile....sex fairies instead of sex vampires.
Yeah, when she focused on the "As you look into the Abyss, the Abyss looks into you" aspect, it was quite good. And Edward, and the necromancy. The 'world' is great. Charlaine Harris does similar world building without as much sex (in the books)
gulflover is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #81
ClairJordan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 47636
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The Paris Wife

Not sure if this has been referrenced already, but I am almost through with it and love it for many reasons.
ClairJordan is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #82
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Non-fiction:

"Guns, Germs and Steel"; a book describing the way the developed world evolved from ~12,000 BC to the present.

"1491" A book discussing the state of the Americas before Columbus. Read it, its not what you might think.

"Deep Survival" A terrific book about the psycology of survival from disastrs of all kinds. A little grim in places, but facinating.

Well, those may be books for dudes (who am I to say), so look at these:

Author C.J. Cherryh
"Chanur's Venture"
"The Pride of chanur"
"Chanur's Legacy"

Now, these are Science Fiction, so know that going in. But they were written by a woman during the 1980s when woman's roles in society were changing. The main characters are all femal space pilots and traders . . .tough and assertative though distinctly femal.

Really different and entertaining.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #83
Rockydoc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Guns Germs and Steel was very interesting as was

The Crusades Through Arab Eyes. It was written by a Christian Arab and has an interesting perspective.

Not a book but I am enjoying The Vikings series on TV.
Rockydoc is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #84
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

I am currently digging on the W.E.B. Griffin series of books.

And as always the "How to Figure Out Hooktard Math" by yours truly is always a good funny read..
bladtinzu is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #85
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #86
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #87
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #88
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Old 04-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #89
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockydoc View Post
Guns Germs and Steel was very interesting as was

The Crusades Through Arab Eyes. It was written by a Christian Arab and has an interesting perspective.

Not a book but I am enjoying The Vikings series on TV.
Arab Eyes? I worked in the middle east in the early 1980s so this may be another one for me. Christians are catching a lot of persacution over there again.

Guns Germs and Steel? Then you WILL enjoy 1491. They compliment each other in many ways.

Like Vikings? Me too.

It helps to get onto Wikipedia and fill in the gaps with search terms like: Leaf Erickson, Eric the Red, Sutton Hoo, Beowulf and so on.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #90
BBW Katrina
A Fucking Amazon

User ID: 78431
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Out on a limb- by Shirley MacClaine
BBW Katrina is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women