Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37051
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 04-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
Hello_Goodbye
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33
Default Why HTTPS / SSL matters

A couple people have noticed that ECCIE does not provide HTTPS, but a lot of people don't seem to understand what that means. That means that, whenever you are in public and connected to a WIFI network, or anywhere you are connected to a WIFI network that other people are connected to also, anyone is free to jump into your ECCIE account to read your messages, edit your profile, anything. They become you.

Here's an example of me doing it to myself, and it took minimal effort.

Hello_Goodbye is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
Whisk3yJack
Lifetime Premium Access

Https/SSL is very important and very easy to set up. I'm surprised it's not available. Everything we do is sent clear text and can be seen by anyone, interested enough to look.
Whisk3yJack is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #3
tandyscone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Does that mean that you are going to quit using this site? Lots of people complain about the lack of https on this site, but most people keep using it (myself included). Given that the site has not implemented https in 7 years of existence, I doubt if it is going to be implemented unless people start leaving in droves.
tandyscone is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
Guest010218
Account Disabled

Encounters: 172

Use of the latest versions of TLS/SSL would significantly increase overall security of eccie for both the web server and the users/clients. We need both strong authentication measures in place to identify who is accessing the system (variety of good reasons) and we need strong encryption measures to protect sensitive communications/messages.

Given greatly increased and emerging cyber security threats to exploit both web servers and users, eccie should perform a "cyber risk assessment" and to examine a variety of actions possible to mitigate risk. There are a number of actions that could be taken to enhance security and preclude the ability of unauthorized users and hackers from gaining access to sensitive transactions, messages and viewing of eccie users and staff.

Given the current state of the Internet, there is no need to wait for a precipitating security event at eccie for the administration to start down this path. I understand that eccie administration is reluctant to discuss these sensitive security matters with outsiders and users for valid business reasons; however, it would be reassuring if there was some management statement that eccie continues to assess risk and take prudent actions to protect systems, communications, user data and users from unauthorized users, misuse and attackers.
Guest010218 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
tandyscone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugleBoy View Post
I understand that eccie administration is reluctant to discuss these sensitive security matters with outsiders and users for valid business reasons; however, it would be reassuring if there was some management statement that eccie continues to assess risk and take prudent actions to protect systems, communications, user data and users from unauthorized users, misuse and attackers.
Wow! You are a lot less cynical than I am. I've always just figured the owners/management of Eccie just don't care about security. It is so easy to implement secure authorization and encrypted browsing the only reason I can imaging for not doing so is simply a lack of concern about it. At least this way, we don't have to worry about how well they have implemented security. We know that there is no security and can act accordingly.
tandyscone is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:18 AM   #6
nmfreak
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

Tor with a https_anywhere enabled browser works great, until a shared anonymous exit node IP is blocked by management.
nmfreak is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #7
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

None of that matters if a good IT tech is hunting.
But does anyone really think that a lot of effort is going to be put into an internet hunt for misdemeanor stuff?
Of course, if someone is being hunted for more than misdemeanors, then we're back to a good IT tech being involved.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #8
nmfreak
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

I would still prefer to be generally anonymous, eg being able to use Tor. But alas, ECCIE is currently blocking Tor. Is there anyway to get Tor unblocked?
nmfreak is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #9
Erotiquencounters
Gaining Momentum

Really the reason people give to unblock Tor are not problems for EECIE, it's the problem of the user, EECIE has to stay transparent, it doesn't want to be seem to be part of any conspiracy, they will protect your credit card and personal info, that's what CCBill is for, everything else you use at your own risk, they don't promise to help you hide your identity. that's up to you, beyond the simple common sense type protocols. I mean how much of the things that you do really amount to a hill of beans anyway to LE for a client, to divorce attorneys maybe a lot, but when you play games that for some have high rewards, except high risk.

also EECIE uses HTTPS in selected areas of the site, you really don't want to use it over a entire site particularly if your showing banners or running scripts being served from a third party server, you'll get those warnings about non secure content every time you load a page with that material on it.
Erotiquencounters is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #10
SATX_RJ
Kiss My

Encounters: 103

Type https:// in front of the URL. The page will load with SSL if the site supports it. Just tried it on ECCIE and it works. Look guys. It's a bit paranoid to think someone wants in your ECCIE account. A hacker can get in no matter what even with SSL. There's tools to do it with like SSL strip. Also, the original poster who put the illustrations up, I have no idea what the hell that proves other than shows some IP addresses. Doesn't prove anyone can get into your account. The basic user doesn't have the savvy to do it and again requires hacking tools to steal the session requiring a man-in-the-middle attack. Even in plain text a basic user wouldn't know how to do this. Nothing to be paranoid about. Go jerk off and feel better about it!
SATX_RJ is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Geeky80
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

i could have sworn i tried https a few months ago and it didn't work, but it is working now, except for it's a lot slower, and the search feature doesn't work.
Geeky80 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women