Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #46
AustinBusinessTraveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Alexxis,

A couple of points:

1 - Tor sucks. It provides more of a sense of anonymity than really exists and it is dreadfully slow.

2 - Like ASPD ECCIE has decided to block anonymizers and their websites. This is done by blocking many of the known IP addresses from these groups. You can log out and back into TOR, get a new IP address from a new exit node and you should be fine. As for why any site with potential liabilities to the authorities would attempt to block anonymizers and keep logs of the IP address every time someone logs in... well, let that one percolate in your head for a while.

3 - If you are serious about security you should talk to some of the people who've posted on here that you feel know what they are talking about. Most people who care about privacy and internet security are more than happy to share their knowledge with others.

ABT
AustinBusinessTraveler is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #47
Alexxxis
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5394
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinBusinessTraveler View Post
Alexxis,
As for why any site with potential liabilities to the authorities would attempt to block anonymizers and keep logs of the IP address every time someone logs in... well, let that one percolate in your head for a while.

ABT
That is why I made the post, actually. I wanted people to be made aware of this. I take my privacy and security very seriously so when a board that is of this nature blocks anonymizers it does more than raise an eyebrow in my book.
Alexxxis is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #48
grtrader
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I'll say it this way before someone loose a job over this. If you are hoping to get around your works IT department do bother. Most good IT departments run software on your PC not just the network computers. So they can retrieve and see live anything you do when they want to.

You also need to just think they still can watch all the packets going through the network. So even if you connect through the site and they aren't monitoring your PC with software on it specifically. You would have to be running on a secure connection they can't access. That would mean you would have to be using their HTTPS connection and not just gone to their site. Even then I still would not bet on them not being able to read it. It would depend on the bit encryption and what they know and have access to for them to be able to read it.
grtrader is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #49
Alexxxis
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5394
My ECCIE Reviews

When I was an accountant my employer had a keystroke monitor and a program that took screenshots randomly. They logged in to my facebook and myspace pages and actually went through my messages, comments, etc. I think they went through my personal email as well. I do not know why they did it. I had full permission to use my work computer to access my personal accounts. Thank goodness it was long before I became a provider! I understand the need to monitor office networks but they crossed a line by logging in to my personal accounts.

I can't fathom why a hobbyist would use their work computer to access any hobby related websites or to check their hobby email. That's just asking for trouble!
Alexxxis is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #50
grtrader
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexxxis View Post
When I was an accountant my employer had a keystroke monitor and a program that took screenshots randomly. They logged in to my facebook and myspace pages and actually went through my messages, comments, etc. I think they went through my personal email as well. I do not know why they did it. I had full permission to use my work computer to access my personal accounts. Thank goodness it was long before I became a provider! I understand the need to monitor office networks but they crossed a line by logging in to my personal accounts.

I can't fathom why a hobbyist would use their work computer to access any hobby related websites or to check their hobby email. That's just asking for trouble!
If they actually used it to access your account on another site they don't own they broke the law in a number of ways unless you gave them express permission to do so. In that case you most likely violated the other sites TOU by doing so. Myspace and facebook both had statements last I read against sharing passwords.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #51
grtrader
Valued Poster

Using anonymizers do not work against any half way intelligent IT department because what ever your using is likely running their software in the back ground.

One bad thing about using sites like the one pointed to to hide the IP is they can read everything you send across their server. That means they have your password, your ip address, and so on.

You better hope your only trying to keep stuff hidden from an amateur at that rate. To seriously hide stuff try bouncing through a number of servers across the globe. Look for servers in countries our laws can not force under subpoena.

As in most security the idea is to make it to costly to make it worth their while. If it cost them a half million dollars to track you. They aren't going to bother unless you did something seriously big.

If you encrypt something do it at a level and strength it will either cost them more than it is worth to break or time to break it.