Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40260
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #31
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

1) It's not only LE you're worried about. There's a whole industry of people who steal cell phone data. Computer hacking, pretexting, social engineering, bribes to "underpaid" customer service reps, etc. They even have web sites that will "get you anyone's cell phone information for $xx." Illegal, yes, but happens all the time and rarely are there any repercussions.

2) Some phones are locked to SIM cards from the same carrier.

3) I had a cell phone that would occasionally forget its lock code and turn on without it. Depending on how you do it, the phone may be locked, but someone can put the sim card in another phone or a sim card reader and read it.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #32
drdumont
Registered Member

Most mobile phones have an option to password access the phone. No password, no worky. If the phone has a removable SIM chip, then remove it and keep the chip in some hiding place. I'd suggest NEVER leaving embarrassing phone numbers in the directory. Keep the numbers on paper with some kind of coding - number replacement, etc.
If the SIM chip isn't removable, then remove the battery or put paper between the batt and contacts, so it will appear dead to a casual observer. You can usually erase the call log. Take a little time to play with the phone, RTFM, and you can probably come up with solutions. I keep my hobby phone in my suitcase as my "Well, I can use it in emergencies if my regular phone dies" phone.
drdumont is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #33
drdumont
Registered Member

Gneissguy has the ticket. A bogus SIM card in a phone is a good distraction. My real SIM card is paper wrapped under a bit of cotton with aspirin on top under the normal cotton. Don't you keep a tin of aspirin always in case of a headache or chest pains?
-- Doc
drdumont is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #34
Guest121212
Account Disabled

User ID: 6416
My ECCIE Reviews

Use Google Voice with an Android enabled phone and you'll never need another "throw away" hobby phone again . . .
Guest121212 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #35
Guest061511-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 6596
My ECCIE Reviews

I have often wondered where you guys hide your phones and info. I just never wanted to ask. This has been a very entertaining thread. The lengths we go to for fulfillment! It raises so many more questions for me about sexuality and human nature.
Guest061511-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #36
BossyWillson
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstorm View Post
I have mine in a box full of old phones and PDA no longer in use. Kind of a "hide in plaine site" approach. SIM card is somewhere "safe" of course.
The box of old phones works great.
BossyWillson is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #37
Bob Soldios
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I still have some good phones that just need new SIM cards. I'm trying to find somewhere around Dallas to buy a SIM card without a phone and pre-paid. I need to check the various cel phone wholesalers who populate, strangely enough, an area of Dallas known for epic SW activity (Harry Hines blvd.)

Anybody have any success on where to find "just buy a SIM" deals for pre-paid?
Bob Soldios is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #38
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

I keep my play phone w/my laptop. For everybody I have 2 words; Google Voice.
You do not need Android, you do not need an app to access it.

You can forward that voice number to any phone. You can call "straight" from your pc/laptop if you have a mic/speakers. You can tell google to dial a number from a phone of your choice. Want to place a call from voice while on your phone? Call your voice number, let it ring, press 4, enter your 4 digit passcode, dial the number you want and done.

Cost: 00
Extra phone needed: No

I've had Voice since it was GrandCentral. It is my contact number.
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #39
Bob Soldios
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by babee View Post

You can forward that voice number to any phone. You can call "straight" from your pc/laptop if you have a mic/speakers. You can tell google to dial a number from a phone of your choice. Want to place a call from voice while on your phone? Call your voice number, let it ring, press 4, enter your 4 digit passcode, dial the number you want and done.

Yes, I also have Google voice and plan on using it with a spare phone. I just want to isolate the "fun phone" completely from my "not so fun phone".

I will second that Google Voice is incredible. Especially if you have a phone plan that let's you have "free calls from your favorites" and you just make the google voice number one of your faves.
Bob Soldios is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #40
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I have so many business contacts as the nature of my job, I just make up phony names of my "keepers" and put enough info in the bogus profile I create for them to remind me which gal is which. Often they have male names in my address book.

For instance Nick Franklin is one of my favs in CBUS area: (Nicole, Franklin County)

Since the majority of my hobbying happens when traveling to do business with folks from that area, it all blends in. I delete all texts and call logs for everyone anyway, just because i have technological OCD anyway.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #41
Guest121212
Account Disabled

User ID: 6416
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by babee View Post

The call blocking feature can't be beat . . .
Guest121212 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #42
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I keep my in my pants next to 'lil bb. She NEVER looks there.
bbkid is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #43
Mr Clever
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

You can have more than one number ring to your phone.

www.vumber.com

Unlimited minutes......no need to carry two phone or buy additional minutes. Cost is about 5 bucks a month and you get up to three numbers.

Or, something similiar.

Hope that helps.
Mr Clever is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #44
Maxxis
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 8

This is great info guys. Thanks!
Maxxis is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #45
NerdKing
Gaining Momentum

The insides of a desktop computer is almost completely empty … a great place to hide things.
NerdKing is offline   Quote