Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #16
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Good for you. You are in the minority. Most people subscribe to cable for the content that is not available over broadcast TV; the convenience to record and watch programming anytime is secondary.

If cable goes a la carte, it is a win-win for the consumer. He pays for only the programming he wants AND gets the convenience of recording shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
I dont download, I pay for convenience by buying cable tv that I can watch when I want to
Sorry you didnt understand
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #17
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Good for you. You are in the minority. Most people subscribe to cable for the content that is not available over broadcast TV; the convenience to record and watch programming anytime is secondary.

If cable goes a la carte, it is a win-win for the consumer. He pays for only the programming he wants AND gets the convenience of recording shows.
huh? I think most people get cable cause its easier than buying dvds or dling bitorrent, etc
just like me, Im not an outlier here
cept Hulu. forces you to watch commericals, right?
and you pay for it monthly

I hope cable goes a la carte, a ton of "networks" would just up and die.

who the heck watches some of these shows, I wonder.
Kardashians??

who is watching that show?
and WHY?

I'm glad I am not gay and dont have to watch men run around and throw balls, etc...I am an outlier in that regard....i just don't care about sports
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #18
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I think most people get cable because it has the programming that isn't available elsewhere....such as ESPN, HBO, CNN, and such. Convenience because of recording capability is secondary.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #19
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I've been a DISH customer for a long long time. I have the 250 channel package, but I maybe only watch 10 channels consistently. I may this year drop it and go to a streaming service like HULU or something like it. There's been nothing worth watching on TV for awhile anyway. I hate reality shows with a passion.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #20
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
I've been a DISH customer for a long long time. I have the 250 channel package, but I maybe only watch 10 channels consistently. I may this year drop it and go to a streaming service like HULU or something like it. There's been nothing worth watching on TV for awhile anyway. I hate reality shows with a passion.
I tried dish and didnt like it,when I canceled it,they tried to keep their sat. dish installed,. I was able to get them to take it out
I tried hulu, but I got so tired of watching commercials, and my DVR is just so much better than trying to navigate to find a program to watch with hulu
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #21
Kalani Kai
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 246270
My ECCIE Reviews

I went for years without Cable and never missed it. However, what I did miss was the live news. And then there are some cool Channels I am also starting to like. Like OWN, Animal Planet, The History Channel sometimes. I believe in "edu-tainment". But it's also b/c I got such a great deal on a Cable package when I moved to Vegas, it was almost silly not to get it.
Kalani Kai is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

It's started:

HBO announces it's program will be available for alacarte users starting in 2015 ! But there are caveats ! Only older programming will be available.

Look to more content providers to un-bundle. Goodbye MSNBC, Goodbye OWN and many many more channels. I doubt that 3 spanish only cable channels can survive....there will be many losers and a few winners.

http://www.themarysue.com/hbo-amazon-prime-streaming/
Old 10-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #23
robust44
Registered Member

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
I tried dish and didnt like it,when I canceled it,they tried to keep their sat. dish installed,. I was able to get them to take it out
I tried hulu, but I got so tired of watching commercials, and my DVR is just so much better than trying to navigate to find a program to watch with hulu
Hulu shows like 2, 10 second commercials. It takes me that long to fast forward through the commercials and stop it where I need on my DVR. Hulu is great.
robust44 is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:53 AM   #24
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

More content companies doing an end run around bundled cable tv..........

Lionsgate and Tribeca will partner for a Netflix-style video-on-demand (VOD) service that "will focus on prestige independent films from around the world … The films will be curated by Tribeca and leading voices in contemporary culture and refreshed on a weekly basis. The service is slated to launch in the first half of calendar 2015
Old 10-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #25
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Now if only I could get up just one of our 4 companies in town to get me really high speed internet. Right now, if I want it, I either have to move to the hood, or raid a broker's bank accounts and buy a mansion.
FoulRon is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #26
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Are you saying you live in Austin and can't get anything other than DSL?

FYI, for several years I subscribed to ATT DSL internet service and it worked just fine. I could stream Netflix, internet TV, and most all other portals without problems.

But I think heavy gaming would have been a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulRon View Post
Now if only I could get up just one of our 4 companies in town to get me really high speed internet. Right now, if I want it, I either have to move to the hood, or raid a broker's bank accounts and buy a mansion.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #27
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Are you saying you live in Austin and can't get anything other than DSL?

FYI, for several years I subscribed to ATT DSL internet service and it worked just fine. I could stream Netflix, internet TV, and most all other portals without problems.

But I think heavy gaming would have been a problem.
Well, I can get TWC, but the service is spotty in our neighborhood. Right now, regular cable has been sputtering for weeks and they can't provide a solution. Plus they really are my last resort for a number of reasons.
My neighborhood is always last on the list with ATT, Grande is still under stupid contract limitations with the city, and Google is run by idiots (or also heavily influence by the do-gooders at the city).
Now, I could move into the apartments around the corner, or down the street, and have my pick of all current high-speed options except Google, but why should I move. Hell, it took ATT two years to acknowledge that I could get DSL after I watched them install the DSLAM at the entrance to my neighborhood. And that was more than a year after I did an end run and had a Houston ISP actually get me set up on it.
I fully expect to get Giga-whatever service a year after I die.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

No way around it; drop cable tv and the providers will screw consumers with high internet fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulRon View Post
Well, I can get TWC, but the service is spotty in our neighborhood. Right now, regular cable has been sputtering for weeks and they can't provide a solution. Plus they really are my last resort for a number of reasons.
My neighborhood is always last on the list with ATT, Grande is still under stupid contract limitations with the city, and Google is run by idiots (or also heavily influence by the do-gooders at the city).
Now, I could move into the apartments around the corner, or down the street, and have my pick of all current high-speed options except Google, but why should I move. Hell, it took ATT two years to acknowledge that I could get DSL after I watched them install the DSLAM at the entrance to my neighborhood. And that was more than a year after I did an end run and had a Houston ISP actually get me set up on it.
I fully expect to get Giga-whatever service a year after I die.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:43 AM   #29
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Default The unbundling of cable tv continues..........

This appears to be a very good alternative; cut the cable tv and still get some of your great programming thu a Roku device - Sling TV.

$20/month and get ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, HGTV, Food Network, Adult Swim, Disney Channel, CNN and more - live. No contract, cancel anytime.

A roku device turns most TVs into a smart tv which allows users to stream content from the web.

https://www.roku.com/channels#!details/46041/sling-tv
Old 02-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #30
FoulRon
Valued Poster

That sounds plausible. I'd be interested in hearing from someone actually using it.
I have an Apple TV and can get all those channels for free, just had to verify that I was a cable subscriber. Somehow they figure it out.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women