Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452871
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84
Default Illegal Hobby?

How can anyone 'complain' about an encounter between two adults that doesn't inconvenience anyone on Earth? Why is it that adults need to be policed up in this manner? What does it mean to my neighbor when I walk out of my house, get in my car, and drive to an appointment in a normal, non-maniacal way? As far as she's concerned I could be going to a restaurant or a movie. Me going to spend money on a provider doesn't inconvenience society in ANY way, so why am I a 'criminal' for doing so?

Even from the hotel manager or owner perspective, what makes a normal acting citizen who is renting a room, used legal tender to do it, is being civil, isn't harboring illegal substances, trafficking other humans, who invites civil acting guests over one hour at a time a 'criminal'?

This business is a 'crime' for reasons that have no real basis. Unlike other acts of real criminal nature, it takes money to make this a crime. Beating someone up is a crime, whether money's involved or not...unless you're a wrestler or MMA. EVen in sport-fighting, there are rules. If you go beyond the set rules, your actions could be deemed criminal. Murder is a crime, whether money is involved or not. Robbing/stealing is a crime, whether you do it for money or not. We all know what INHERENT crimes are. Sex for money is a CRIME because a select group has decided to make it a crime. In any civilized population, MURDER is never legal. You can't just pop a cap in someone, walk away, 50 people see you do it, and everything's OK. It is a crime, period.

Sex with a person of legal age, by itself, is perfectly fine. Throw legal tender in the picture, and now it's a crime. If I don't pay her, it's not a crime, but if I do, we are criminals. WTF?? Who makes this shit up? Who was that one MF'er who said, "You know, I need to make this (sex for $$) a crime. I hereby decree, sex for money is now a crime as of ______ (whatever fucking day he/she decided).

To me, this should bother everyone, whether they're a hobbyist/provider or not. It should bother everyone because it has no real standing ground. With this 'free reign' by authority, waving with your left hand can be declared a crime if someone in power wanted to do so. Would people accept this new crime? Would they accept fines and going to jail for breaking this rule? My smart side says hell no. People would think it's ridiculous and would revolt.

Back to sex for money. Say a provider and I did the deed, but no money was exchanged. No crime, right? What if I sent her a check a week later? Is my door going to get kicked in and me handcuffed and hauled off downtown? If I send her the money a week later, at WHAT POINT does it become a crime, at the point I sealed and mailed the envelope or when she opens it and runs to the bank to cash it?

In a civilized society, there's no need for this to be a law, because all it does is make criminals out of consenting adults.

I want a lawman of some sort to tell me WHY this is a crime.
Randall Creed is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Not a law man, but here is my take on why "IT" is a crime.

Ask most people to describe prostitution, and what do you get?

The description will be of streetwalkers plying their trade, visible to children walking to school. It will include many references to illegal drugs, to sex slaves, to underage runaways, to pimps forcing women, underage girls, etc. into a life of sex in order to earn their next drug fix.

Included in that is the visibility of strip clubs, sex shops, flashing neon lights at the local AMP. All of these things make people uneasy. If it is hidden, they don't care so much, but the visible signs scare them.

The closest thing IT will be to the hobby many of us pursue here will be the guy who spends all of his hard eanred cash on a prostitute and leaves his family, his kids home to go hungry, to lose the roof over their head, etc.

And oh yeh, don't forget the diseases that are so rampant, HIV, hepatitis, and all of the regular old STDS.

Very little of the description will entail two adults freely engaging in a business transaction, using condoms, to safely complete their business.

http://texas.mugshotlist.com/page/11/?s=prost

I have posted links to this website, I will do it again. Do a search on "prost" and look at the people arrested for prostitution. Most are streetwalkers, homeless people, minorities (primarily black with a few hispanics thrown in for good measure). Everytime I see a guy review a streetwalker and say she was a 6 out of 10 on a streetwalker scale, my mind flashes back to these pictures to adjust my scale. Do not mean to sound rude or crude, but I wouldn't touch any of these gals with a dildo on the end of a 10 foot pole and me in a hazmat suit.

This is the picture of IT in most civilians' eyes. I think we fail to realize how miniscule our piece of the sex trade is and where the focus of law enforcement usually works.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

Canada does a good job of making it legal. As for the legality of prostitution and the outlying problems associated with it I would point out that alcohol deaths and injuries outweigh it by 24 times and it is perfectly legal. It's a political law. It's hard to get votes if you vote for it to become legal. It will never stop as it is as we know it's the worlds oldest profession.
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Outdoorsman
Ambassador

Encounters: 23

Why? Is a question that is very difficult to answer. Because IMHO it should not only apply to prostitution but to other so called crimes as well. My belief is that for an act to be a crime another person must be hamred and have their rights violated in some way.

Just like the murder a person is killed, definitely harmed. Robbery things stolen - harm.

I agree no one is harmed when two consenting people of legal age do the deed and money is exchanged. It gets into what people like and do not like. I know the Constitution is not a document that governs to one person's likes or dislikes but reality is: that is what happens. A group of people do not like red light districts and it becomes illegal.

I go further and ask why are some substances illegal and others legal? Why can one man kill himself smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol but another man cannot use other substances? Who is he hurting besides himself. I think we each have a right to harm ourselves, if we were a free country that would be true, but alas we are not a free country, not at all.

Why are seat belts required? Who am I harming if I do not wear it? Why are helmets required in some states for motorcyclists, who am I harming?

A group of people want to control what another group of people do and do not do. The line gets drawn when too many get fed up with the system, which is where I think this country is headed. Because no matter how many laws we pass, people are going to do whatever they desire, question is how do we feel about our Nieces and friends being fined and arrested for stupid laws. Most of us, to include me, tend to look away and say "Thank God that was not me." Kinda like what happened in Germany when the Jews were being taken away. Sad.
Outdoorsman is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Doc Holliday
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Wasn't it legal in most states until WWII? I think it's illegal because most people think it victimizes women. But truth be told, they are at greater risk with it being illegal and forced underground where they have little legal protection.
Doc Holliday is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

I think the only thing really holding it back from becoming legall is the sex slave trafficing. Then again who would want the government to regulate the hobby??
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
sketchball82
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

I'm personally a big advocate for legalizing all statutes that are only justified as morality based statutes.

I'm all for statutes that protect people from business and the government, and people from each other and businesses from each other etc... but I'm adamantly against any law that only has principle in the government playing big brother and legislating morals. Examples are wearing your seat belt, taking drugs, prostitution, etc.

In truth, these are all there because a politician was being political at one point in time, and was trying to push through morality based statutes to get elected by some group that was against that particular act. I think it would probably be political suicide to try to remove some of these completely ridiculous laws, and the politicians know it, so they don't bother.

I think the terms "free country" (which we're all brainwashed to believe) and legislating morality are oximoronic. In Virginia the section of the law that outlaws prostitution is actually structured together and entitled the "Laws Against Morality". I think in Virginia, adultery, fornication, and anal sex are all still illegal. Anal sex is even a felony, I believe, even if it's with your wife. (Don't quote me on that; I didn't look it up.)

Ridiculous, huh?
sketchball82 is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Did somebody say Congressman "Rambo"?
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

It is illegal because a large segment of the population wants it to be illegal. There are a variety of reasons for that. A couple of them are religious groups and womens rights organizations. The religious one will never change but I find it amusing that the womens rights groups that insist a womans body is hers and no one can tell her what to do will also say she can't use it to make money. It will not change as long as people believe the government has a right to control personal activities they disapprove of. Liberals and conservatives are guilty of this.

Just to propose a silly thought, maybe we need to create a religion that believes in the soul healing power of physical intimacy. The salary of the providing angels could be paid by tax deductable contributions to the church. I propose myself as the leader of this new faith. I will want to have my soul healed frequently.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Shayla
Account Disabled

User ID: 63158
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkalini View Post
Canada does a good job of making it legal. As for the legality of prostitution and the outlying problems associated with it I would point out that alcohol deaths and injuries outweigh it by 24 times and it is perfectly legal. It's a political law. It's hard to get votes if you vote for it to become legal. It will never stop as it is as we know it's the worlds oldest profession.
You're right. The last two "bust" we had were underage girls that were being pimped about a month ago. They rarely ever go after the MP's or Independent girls. At most they set up an outcall sting and just give you a ticket for not having a license - they could give a shit less as long as you're paying some taxes.
Shayla is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
ArmaniAlabama
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 108086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post

Just to propose a silly thought, maybe we need to create a religion that believes in the soul healing power of physical intimacy. The salary of the providing angels could be paid by tax deductable contributions to the church. I propose myself as the leader of this new faith. I will want to have my soul healed frequently.
Provider = Gooddess
Rate = Tithe
ArmaniAlabama is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

This prohibition, like all forms of legal prohibition, is simply a special interest tax scheme. The trial lawyers and law enforcement unions make money off of it and the preachers make money preaching against it. The taxpayers foot the bill of bloated LE budgets and state appointed attorneys.

Add in the fines from those caught and you have a significant money making and public relations building machine used by the politicians (both secular and religious).

When they say it's about the "greater good" and not the money, it's about the money. . . every time.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
Guest081013-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 63146
My ECCIE Reviews

I'd vote for Rambro for President. LOL
Guest081013-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

When is Rambro going to pop the racial angle?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
Rogue_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 86

The feminist agenda against prostitution seems counter-productive. With a lot of women, providing is by far the most profitable use of their time. It has always been a part of civilization, "the oldest profession", and all attempts to suppress it have done nothing to make it any safer for women. I think that the real reason the womens rights groups hate prostitution so much is that they hate men so much that they can't stand the thought of men using women for pleasure.
Rogue_Gent is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women