Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Green Dot Cards???

Found this on a lady's website:

"I will only accept donation deposits via Green Dot prepaid cards. Being discreet is very important to me and Green Dot is very secure and anonymous."

Background:
A couple of months ago, I went to renew my P411 membership. Originally, when I joined I used a Visa gift card, and planned to do the same again. However, P4111 now only takes Green Dot cards.

Thinking, OK, I'll just get one of those, I went to pick one up. On further investigation, I discovered you had to register your name, address and SSN under federal law. Must have been one of the anti-terrorist provisions.

So, I got a money order. It was totally anonymous and worked.

Question:
So, the question is: is the Green Dot card as anonymous as it's reputation? Apparently (witness the statement above from the provider's website) it has a really good reputation for providing secure payments that are anonymous. But I can't get past my P411 experience.

Anyone have experience that can speak to this?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

The answer is "yes & no"

A GD account requires your real name and info (including SS#). Nothing anonymous about that. This doesn't help you as a user or subscriber to P411 with your membership

You can buy a GD "reload" at most chain grocery/drug stores etc. Of course you'd pay with cash and not go to the one next door to your house, but for the part they are secure. What you really are buying is a code that you would give to her via phone or email. She would then use that code to add the deposit to her account. She can verify prior to your meeting. This does help you in giving deposits to P411 ladies assuming they will take your okays without your personal info. So as it relates to what the lady you reference says on her site it is not incorrect for the purpose of a deposit.

The issue is (like many deposits) the guy absorbs all the risk and should only be used with highly reputable ladies. As an aside, assuming the gal's rep is beyond reproach or is an ATF, this can be a solution for paying an entire date; particularly if you are travelling and prefer not to carry large amounts of cash with you.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
gimme_that
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I posted a thread concerning options like these too which is still open. This was the best response I got there.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=214162&postcount=2

She explained options for maintaining personal info on the hobbyist side and transferring that option to her instead.

Thanks ATL for your post as well. Its especially helpful.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

In reference to Green Dot, once you register does any information - data, billing statements etc., come to your address or does all the account work done via website online?
Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody of TX View Post
In reference to Green Dot, once you register does any information - data, billing statements etc., come to your address or does all the account work done via website online?
What you purchase is a "blank" card with an original account number. The reason you register it is so they can send you a card imprinted with your name. That way, you can add money to the card. It is sent to your address that you register with the card, your real name and SSN. Since the card is filled up with cash, there are no statements, I don't think.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by babee View Post
I don't see the issue? Does she have a already? Get a refill pack.

Go into walgreens. Buy the refill card. Add up top 500 at the register. Use cash to pay. Take the refill card and the 2 receipts and email her the reload numbers or call and give them to her.

Buying a - basic same deal (same cost). Just give her all the numbers and hand her the card you bought when you meet. SHE registers the card, not you.

go dot sweetie.
This is the post that gimme_that talked about. My question would be: how does she know how much is on the card? What if she doesn't understand the system (just like I don't). She may not want to use her real name, address & SSN either.

Lots of potential failures IMHO.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
What you purchase is a "blank" card with an original account number. The reason you register it is so they can send you a card imprinted with your name. That way, you can add money to the card. It is sent to your address that you register with the card, your real name and SSN. Since the card is filled up with cash, there are no statements, I don't think.

No Tutes...you are missing the point....

If you want to become an account holder you need to give your info. Acutally you can get that for free by registering online (and yes they have your info)...

To answer the original question you posed....about your gal that wants her deposits via GD....

Yes...very secure...its not like you go buy a reload and add it to your account then send it to her. You just buy the reload (or refill?) and send her the code....hell you don't even need to have an account/card yourself.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
This is the post that gimme_that talked about. My question would be: how does she know how much is on the card? What if she doesn't understand the system (just like I don't). She may not want to use her real name, address & SSN either.

Lots of potential failures IMHO.
read my posts....

she doesn't...but can add the refill pack code you send her (not literally...you don't need to physically send her anything) to her account & then verify the amount well before what I assume will be a memorable session for her.

at the risk of stating the obvious....if she doesn't understand the system I suggest she doesn't use it....
Old 04-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

You can get the card in your niece's name. I've got one for my niece Nicolette Bordeauxva. Just make sure your niece is over 15 and under 18 years of age. Then I used my ex-boyfriend's ex-wife's name and SS# for the main account. Or did I? I may be making this all up.

Since I'm confessing, I am also using his ex-wife's photo as my avatar. Or not.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva View Post
You can get the card in your niece's name. I've got one for my niece Nicolette Bordeauxva. Just make sure your niece is over 15 and under 18 years of age. Then I used my ex-boyfriend's ex-wife's name and SS# for the main account. Or did I? I may be making this all up.

Since I'm confessing, I am also using his ex-wife's photo as my avatar. Or not.
Now I'm thoroughly confused. But then I started there. Or not.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
No Tutes...you are missing the point....

If you want to become an account holder you need to give your info. Acutally you can get that for free by registering online (and yes they have your info)...

To answer the original question you posed....about your gal that wants her deposits via GD....

Yes...very secure...its not like you go buy a reload and add it to your account then send it to her. You just buy the reload (or refill?) and send her the code....hell you don't even need to have an account/card yourself.
Quote:
read my posts....

she doesn't...but can add the refill pack code you send her (not literally...you don't need to physically send her anything) to her account & then verify the amount well before what I assume will be a memorable session for her.

at the risk of stating the obvious....if she doesn't understand the system I suggest she doesn't use it....
Guess I should have been clearer in my OP. I'm not so interested in what's safe and anonymous for her. I am interested in staying anonymous myself, and I don't see GD doing that, unless I'm missing something. There is a papertrail somewhere. And then there's the part about mailing the imprinted card to my home where the SO is. I don't think so...
Old 04-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Guess I should have been clearer in my OP. I'm not so interested in what's safe and anonymous for her. I am interested in staying anonymous myself, and I don't see GD doing that, unless I'm missing something. There is a papertrail somewhere. And then there's the part about mailing the imprinted card to my home where the SO is. I don't think so...
And the answer is YES...for you...if you are are interested in using the product for what she suggests you do in your original post...secure a date with her via a deposit.

You go to the Walgreens or CVS. Bring some cash. Buy a refill (not an account or card). Leave the store. Call her on your hobby phone and give her the scratch off code of the back of the refill. She goes online or calls an adds that code to her account. She calls you back or emails yo that all is good/recieved.

She has no more information than what you already gave her.

Don't confuse two very different things: creating a GD account and buying credit (refills) usable on a GD account.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #13
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

You quoted me, so let me break it down.

There is a card that requires $$, name, SS etc. This is called the Card.

There is a refill card. This requires $$. <- Note the difference.

When you buy a refill card, you have the little hanging greencard (which you take to the register). Hand over the green thing and the $$. You will get two receipts. Now you have a green thing, a store receipt and a GD refill receipt. You need the numbers off the green thing and the GD refill receipt. (yeah I'm trying to think of a way to work MF in, but the Easter Bunny has kicked my lil cottontail)

Buying an actual card is not the same as registering it. If you buy one you still: Have the green thing and the GD receipt. Same thing will apply - just give her the numbers and let her register it in her name.

OR:

Refilling a card is not buying/registering. It is adding money to an already registered card.

Both are anonymous. She will just need the numbers, so don't throw anything away until she says "Ok."

All online. Will need a physical address to mail the real card to but everything else is online.

HSP mentioned Walmart and if you have the card WalMart is easier since you just swipe the card and reload (no hangy bits). To purchase a refill ...well...who wants to stand in line at WalMart for one thing? A Rite Aid, CVS or Walgreens seems like it'd be faster to me?

Buying registering and refill = 3 different things.

Okie Dokie?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #14
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
And the answer is YES...for you...if you are are interested in using the product for what she suggests you do in your original post...secure a date with her via a deposit.

You go to the Walgreens or CVS. Bring some cash. Buy a refill (not an account or card). Leave the store. Call her on your hobby phone and give her the scratch off code of the back of the refill. She goes online or calls an adds that code to her account. She calls you back or emails yo that all is good/recieved.

She has no more information than what you already gave her.

Don't confuse two very different things: creating a GD account and buying credit (refills) usable on a GD account.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by babee View Post
You quoted me, so let me break it down.

There is a card that requires $$, name, SS etc. This is called the Card.

There is a refill card. This requires $$. <- Note the difference.

When you buy a refill card, you have the little hanging greencard (which you take to the register). Hand over the green thing and the $$. You will get two receipts. Now you have a green thing, a store receipt and a GD refill receipt. You need the numbers off the green thing and the GD refill receipt. (yeah I'm trying to think of a way to work MF in, but the Easter Bunny has kicked my lil cottontail)

Buying an actual card is not the same as registering it. If you buy one you still: Have the green thing and the GD receipt. Same thing will apply - just give her the numbers and let her register it in her name.

OR:

Refilling a card is not buying/registering. It is adding money to an already registered card.

Both are anonymous. She will just need the numbers, so don't throw anything away until she says "Ok."

All online. Will need a physical address to mail the real card to but everything else is online.

HSP mentioned Walmart and if you have the card WalMart is easier since you just swipe the card and reload (no hangy bits). To purchase a refill ...well...who wants to stand in line at WalMart for one thing? A Rite Aid, CVS or Walgreens seems like it'd be faster to me?

Buying registering and refill = 3 different things.

Okie Dokie?
Thanks much, babee. I can be quick on some things. This one I'm not.

BTW, do most ladies keep GD accts, so all I have to do is purchase the refill?
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women