Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160392
Yssup Rider59879
gman4452896
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47475
pyramider46370
bambino40296
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35251
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #16
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
Well, you would have to ask the columnist I quoted, but I would imagine he might respond by pointing to Abbie's more silly antics like his march on the Pentagon with Ginsberg and Dr. Spock and a handful of Tibetan monks threatening to use psychic energy to make the pentagon levitate and glow orange, or maybe the bags of dog shit mixed with piss he handed out to his Yippies to pelt Chicago Police with at the DNC in 1968. Perhaps he might point to the media hound he was, or the common tactic of duping reporters with the "Average Joe Hippy" that sure was a whole lot like Joe the Plumber.

Maybe the author would also mention Abbie's penchant for disrupting courts, politician speeches, community meetings and even The Who concert at Woodstock with his flamboyant theatrics and general bullshit If you ask me, Pete Townsend should have smashed his guitar over that nutcase's head instead of merely using it as a battering ram.

The reality is, Abbie, like many of the tea baggers, was really just an egomaniac that used politics as a vehicle to perpetuate their cult of personality.
You said the columnist "hit the nail on the head" so I'm wondering how you thought they did.

Hoffman wrapped himself in the flag literally by famously wearing a shirt out of a US flag and the flag on your T-bag pic. That's was my initial impression of what you meant but it seemed flimsy so I asked for further clarification.

Many political movements in this country hold rallies, protests, show up at town hall meetings. I don't recall anything as outlandish or flamboyant as the Hoffman examples you state but really haven't been keeping up with the TEA party. Did I miss something weird other than grossly misspelled signs? You also point out that some people are trying to "make a name for themselves" with the TEA party. I would contend that is one of the purposes of political movements and political parties themselves.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
You are wrong.

It was after the 2008 elections. The impetus was the Spendulus bill and specifically the on air comments by CNBC's Rick Santelli:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp-Jw-5Kx8k
The passing of the Spendulus bill is my recollection also. I remember seeing that clip the day it happened.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #18
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
You are wrong.

It was after the 2008 elections.
Well, I hate to take you to the woodshed, PJ, but you are wrong. The Tea Party was started in Ohio in 1993 by Brenda Kuhn:

"REBELS WITHOUT A CLAUSE" (Cincinnati Magazine, April 1994)

By the way, the guy I quoted is actually a conservative columnist. I thought you were more well-read than to make a mistake like that.

It reached notoriety in 2008 as the Fox Network and other canned republican media outlets used them as their bully pulpit just like Bush used that crazy bastard Buchanan at the RNC a while back, much to the horror of true conservatives and their step-cousins like me, libertarians. Say, isn’t your handle’s namesake a libertarian from Ohio?
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #19
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Just because there were a few nut jobs running around in Ohio, doesn't mean it was a movement. Since I came from there, I should know.

The Tea Party "movement" is largely considered to have been started by Santelli's comments.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305

Quote:
Well, you would have to ask the columnist I quoted, but I would imagine he might respond by pointing to Abbie's more silly antics like his march on the Pentagon with Ginsberg and Dr. Spock and a handful of Tibetan monks threatening to use psychic energy to make the pentagon levitate and glow orange, or maybe the bags of dog shit mixed with piss he handed out to his Yippies to pelt Chicago Police with at the DNC in 1968. Perhaps he might point to the media hound he was, or the common tactic of duping reporters with the "Average Joe Hippy" that sure was a whole lot like Joe the Plumber.

Maybe the author would also mention Abbie's penchant for disrupting courts, politician speeches, community meetings and even The Who concert at Woodstock with his flamboyant theatrics and general bullshit If you ask me, Pete Townsend should have smashed his guitar over that nutcase's head instead of merely using it as a battering ram.

The reality is, Abbie, like many of the tea baggers, was really just an egomaniac that used politics as a vehicle to perpetuate their cult of personality.
Well I do agree to a certain extent to this on the tea baggers. I think most of them are uneducated and easy to rile up. Most of them have no clue on how real world works and no understanding of basic economic principles. They pretty much tend to contradict themselves as well.
Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #21
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Talk about drinking the kool-aid.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #22
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Just because there were a few nut jobs running around in Ohio, doesn't mean it was a movement. Since I came from there, I should know.

The Tea Party "movement" is largely considered to have been started by Santelli's comments.
Did you read the whole article, or did you skip it and just go with your quasistatistical sense?
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Did you read the whole article, or did you skip it and just go with your quasistatistical sense?

I rarely read articles linked here. I've laughed at WTF's nutty links for years -- why do you think yours would be better received? If you can't make a point convincingly in your own well chosen words, why would I waste my time reading some long article -- particularly one from such an authoritative source as the Cincinnati Magazine.

Again, the point that I made (in my own words), is that I don't really care when someone created a "Tea Party" organization. That wasn't what got what is commonly known as "The Tea Party" (or as tea baggers by the high minded liberals) going. It was a general sense of outrage from the Wall Street bailouts, the auto bailouts, the mortgagee bailouts and the fucking absurd Spendulus payoff to all of the left wing's sacred cows -- culminating in trillions of dollars added to the deficit. That is what sparked the Tea Party -- not some fanciful nuts in a garage in Ohio. And that all happened in very late 2008 (under Bush) and early 2009 (under Obama).
Old 03-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #24
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
I rarely read articles linked here. I've laughed at WTF's nutty links for years -- why do you think yours would be better received? If you can't make a point convincingly in your own well chosen words, why would I waste my time reading some long article -- particularly one from such an authoritative source as the Cincinnati Magazine. :Rolleyes:
Well I guess that means it doesn't matter what source link you put on here, (even if it does contain facts) your not going to change his mind...lol
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #25
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Well I guess that means it doesn't matter what source link you put on here, (even if it does contain facts) your not going to change his mind...lol
No Darlin, it means that source links are there to support your argument, not as a replacement for your argument. Its intellectually lazy to expect someone to wade through a lengthly article to find the gem that you think is relevant. I'm saying you should make your point in your own words, and if there are some supporting facts or background that you think is relevant, link that (maybe even explaining to your readers what they are looking for.) If you can't make a cogent point in a few simple sentences, it probably isn't worth the rest of our time to figure out WTF you are talking about.

And my disagreement with phatdaty was over the definition of what started the "Tea Party". He seems to think it was the creation of a 501(c) organization back in 1993. While that may have happened, that wasn't in my opinion relevant to what is commonly known as the Tea Party Movement (what you call tea baggers). That was clear from his post and my previous reply -- I didn't need to go wading through two pages of tedium to figure that out.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Talk about drinking the kool-aid.
A lot of people who falsify their tax returns and food stamp applications drink kool-aid........
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
No Darlin, it means that source links are there to support your argument, not as a replacement for your argument. Its intellectually lazy to expect someone to wade through a lengthly article to find the gem that you think is relevant. I'm saying you should make your point in your own words, and if there are some supporting facts or background that you think is relevant, link that (maybe even explaining to your readers what they are looking for.) If you can't make a cogent point in a few simple sentences, it probably isn't worth the rest of our time to figure out WTF you are talking about.
Well I just assumed that an educated man such as yourself skim reads? That is what I do when I read a linked source most times.

Some people, may not be able to express something as well as others, and maybe it is easier to just link to something that speaks more cogently on the subject that they are talking about. I don't dismiss anything anyone links on here.. to me that is just another "ad hominem" attack in the debate to discredit the person and their source, or their opinion.

*I am going to get back to my birthing pig dream interpretation with Nina now! lawls...
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #28
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

I doubt that very many people had ever heard of the "Tea Party" (other than the 18th century one in Boston) until Spring of 2009.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #29
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
A lot of people who falsify their tax returns and food stamp applications drink kool-aid........
and they are often noisy......
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #30
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Default Potaytow, patahtoe, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Some people, may not be able to express something as well as others, and maybe it is easier to just link to something that speaks more cogently on the subject that they are talking about. I don't dismiss anything anyone links on here.. to me that is just another "ad hominem" attack in the debate to discredit the person and their source, or their opinion.
Call it what you want. I explained my point of view. You don't have to write a grad school dissertation, but don't expect me to do the heavy lifting to figure out your point. And if your point is just parroting what someone else said -- that's not really your point is it?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women