Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70398
biomed160392
Yssup Rider59879
gman4452896
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47479
pyramider46370
bambino40296
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35251
Mojojo33117

Old 03-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #31
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Call it what you want. I explained my point of view. You don't have to write a grad school dissertation, but don't expect me to do the heavy lifting to figure out your point. And if your point is just parroting what someone else said -- that's not really your point is it?
Well even so, I think it is lazy for you not to take the time to read what someone links, or at least skim it to see their viewpoint even if you don't agree.

I may not agree with everyone on this board, but I try to at least read what they have to say, read any linked information to understand where they are coming from.

We all "parrot" ideas, and expressed opinions to some degree in debating view points and there is nothing wrong with that.
Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #32
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Well even so, I think it is lazy for you not to take the time to read what someone links, or at least skim it to see their viewpoint even if you don't agree.

I may not agree with everyone on this board, but I try to at least read what they have to say, read any linked information to understand where they are coming from.

We all "parrot" ideas, and expressed opinions to some degree in debating view points and there is nothing wrong with that.
I'm lazy for not reading an obscure links? But the person that just slaps the link up there instead of writing what they are trying to say is not lazy? Yeah right!

I'm more that willing to engage people of other viewpoints. In case you haven't noticed, I routinely "discuss" things with people whose point of view is different than mine. But I only engage people who make the effort to actually make a point, not just copy and paste an article or link it. As I've said, IMO that is intellectually lazy on their part and if they don't make the effort why should I?

How about instead of having this discussion I just link a few websites and tell you to figure it out for yourself. Would you?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #33
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
I rarely read articles linked here.
So you are just going to push forward with your error. Ignorance is bliss.

The TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party was created in 1994 by Brenda Kuhn. It was recieving national attention by 1994.

That is verified fact, not opinion. Read the article if you need proof and either retract, or basically go back to your cigar and remember the George Elliot proverb about opening your mouth and removing all doubt.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #34
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
The TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Party was created in 1994 by Brenda Kuhn. It was recieving national attention by 1994.
I'm not disagreeing with you about this "historical fact". Yes it was created in 1994. But that organization has little to do with what is today collectively known as "The Tea Party". There are lots of "Tea Party" organizations -- most of which have cropped up since 1994. The collective term "Tea party" encompasses all of them -- not just the 1994 Ohio outfit. If the Tea party was just the Ohio gang, it would have zero national influence -- as it has since 1994.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #35
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
So remember the George Elliot proverb about opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

?????????? phatdaty said that?!?.....................HA ! HA! HA! HA! HA~! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #36
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you about this historical fact.
See, that wasn't so painful, was it?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #37
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Not painful at all -- we never disagreed on that historical fact. Just like we don't disagree that the first Tea Party occurred back in the 1700's. But neither of those historical facts have anything to do with the Tea Party movement that was being discussed in this thread -- a point that is apparently too painful for you to concede.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #38
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
It's funny you would say this when you thought it started in 2008.

If i didn't know better, i'd simply assume you were criticizing others for not being more up on the facts than yourself.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #39
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
So you are just going to push forward with your error. Ignorance is bliss.

That is verified fact, not opinion. Read the article if you need proof and either retract, or basically go back to your cigar and remember the George Elliot proverb about opening your mouth and removing all doubt.
Uh oh. Cigar avatar pissing contest. I'm putting my money on PJ.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #40
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Quote:
The collective term "Tea party" encompasses all of them -- not just the 1994 Ohio outfit. If the Tea party was just the Ohio gang, it would have zero national influence -- as it has since 1994.
Uh nope--check when the tax-exempt paperwork was filed for the organization and who the original founders (co-signors on the federal paperwork) of the group were:

Kuhn, Liddy, and Williams (the later two are national figures) in 1993.

Quote:
Not painful at all -- we never disagreed on that historical fact. Just like we don't disagree that the first Tea Party occurred back in the 1700's. But neither of those historical facts have anything to do with the Tea Party movement that was being discussed in this thread -- a point that is apparently too painful for you to concede.
They have everything to do with that first group--they are recognized as the first charter group. They initiated the networking of rag-tag groups in the a viable national organization in about 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
It's funny you would say this when you thought it started in 2008.
Might want to grab a remedial reading course when you take a break from whoring around. I did not state it began in 2008, I said it really started to concern me by 2008:

Quote:
Being a conservative Libertarian, I have been quite troubled with the whole tea party movement since it raised it's rather ugly head in the 2008 elections.
Up until then it was a rather amusing, folksy, grassroots movement. I actually was at Fountain Square the afternoon she pulled that row boat stunt that would later be recreated over and over again in various towns.

I became concerned when it got ugly by 2008 when either the backroom wizards of the RNC or the Fox News Entertainment Division, or both decided by giving them some backdoor funding, manpower, and most importantly exposure might turn them a buck and be manipulated into being the perfect bully pulpit. This is of course conjecture that borders on conspiracy paranoia, but it sure seems damn convenient for the republicans to now have a wild card like these folks that they can wince at and lightly denounce, but tag on the "I don't agree with how they made their point, but they do have a point."

If i were a betting man, this smells like the work of Atwater and Noonan.

They were behind the Buchanan tirade.

It could just be an honest to goodness volksmarch, but I think careful manipulation is more likely the real cause.

I think the movement might have been honest back in those days it started in Ohio, but it has been perverted into something much uglier of recent.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #41
phatdaty
Valued Poster

My apologies. Lee Atwater had already passed away before any of this happened. It was probably whoever his prodigy was. I didn't always like his politics, but the guy was a masterful political strategist.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #42
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Uh oh. Cigar avatar pissing contest. I'm putting my money on PJ.
All of this makes me want to have a cigar!

But I would most likely turn green in the process of smoking it..lol
Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #43
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm lazy for not reading an obscure links? But the person that just slaps the link up there instead of writing what they are trying to say is not lazy? Yeah right!
%0A
I'm more that willing to engage people of other viewpoints. In case you haven't noticed, I routinely "discuss" things with people whose point of view is different than mine. But I only engage people who make the effort to actually make a point, not just copy and paste an article or link it. As I've said, IMO that is intellectually lazy on their part and if they don't make the effort why should I?

How about instead of having this discussion I just link a few websites and tell you to figure it out for yourself. Would you?
LOL,

Now PJ, you know I didn't post the link out of laziness.

Damn, please don't confuse me with WTF.

I gave you the link in case you wanted to verify my facts.

Come on I expect better out of a Redskin than that.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #44
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
All of this makes me want to have a cigar!

But I would most likely turn green in the process of smoking it..lol
Who says you have to smoke it?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #45
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Might want to grab a remedial reading course when you take a break from whoring around. I did not state it began in 2008, I said it really started to concern me by 2008:
Well, we can argue all day about what "....it raised it's rather ugly head in the 2008 elections..." and "...I am pretty sure they gained notoriety in the Spring and Summer of 2008, not in the fall and winter" both mean, but i think my interpretation was entirely reasonable. Especially when you mentioned nothing about 1993 during our discussion of when it "began", only bringing 1993 into the equation when PJ pointed out you were wrong in suggesting 2008. Me thinks you got your undies in a bunch after PJ told you that you were wrong, to which you decided to investigate on your own, and only then did you came up with a date other than 2008.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women