Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 09-23-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default The Lying Game -- coming to a debate near you!

I totally expect this to happen.

Then I expect to hear either how the media was biased against Drumpf.

Maybe even that the system is rigged. Against fucking idiots.

In fact, that's kinda been the mantra around here for months.

Good thing for America that ECCIE ain't the litmus test. (CHiT, ECCIE is barely a urine test!)
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/op...f=opinion&_r=0
The Lying Game
Paul Krugman

SEPT. 23, 2016

Here’s what we can be fairly sure will happen in Monday’s presidential debate: Donald Trump will lie repeatedly and grotesquely, on a variety of subjects. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton might say a couple of untrue things. Or she might not.

Here’s what we don’t know: Will the moderators step in when Mr. Trump delivers one of his well-known, often reiterated falsehoods? If he claims, yet again, to have opposed the Iraq war from the beginning — which he didn’t — will he be called on it? If he claims to have renounced birtherism years ago, will the moderators note that he was still at it just a few months ago? (In fact, he already seems to be walking back his admission last week that President Obama was indeed born in America.) If he says one more time that America is the world’s most highly taxed country — which it isn’t — will anyone other than Mrs. Clinton say that it isn’t? And will media coverage after the debate convey the asymmetry of what went down?

You might ask how I can be sure that one candidate will be so much more dishonest than the other. The answer is that at this point we have long track records for both Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton; thanks to nonpartisan fact-checking operations like PolitiFact, we can even quantify the difference.

PolitiFact has examined 258 Trump statements and 255 Clinton statements and classified them on a scale ranging from “True” to “Pants on Fire.” One might quibble with some of the judgments, but they’re overwhelmingly in the ballpark. And they show two candidates living in different moral universes when it comes to truth-telling. Mr. Trump had 48 Pants on Fire ratings, Mrs. Clinton just six; the G.O.P. nominee had 89 False ratings, the Democrat 27.

Unless one candidate has a nervous breakdown or a religious conversion in the next few days, the debate will follow similar lines. So how should it be reported?

Let’s take it as a given that one can’t report at length on every questionable statement a candidate makes — time, space and the attention of readers and viewers are all limited. What I suggest is that reporters and news organizations treat time and attention span as a sort of capital budget that must be allocated across coverage.

What businesses do when they must allocate capital is to establish a “hurdle rate,” a minimum rate of return a project must offer if it is to be undertaken. In terms of reporting falsehoods, this would amount to devoting on-air time or column inches to statements whose dishonesty rises above a certain level of outrageousness — say, outright falsity with no redeeming grain of truth. In terms of PolitiFact’s ratings, this might correspond to statements that are False or Pants on Fire.

And if the debate looks anything like the campaign so far, we know what that will mean: a news analysis that devotes at least five times as much space to Mr. Trump’s falsehoods as to Mrs. Clinton’s.

If your reaction is, “Oh, they can’t do that — it would look like partisan bias,” you have just demonstrated the huge problem with news coverage during this election. For I am not calling on the news media to take a side; I’m just calling on it to report what is actually happening, without regard for party. In fact, any reporting that doesn’t accurately reflect the huge honesty gap between the candidates amounts to misleading readers, giving them a distorted picture that favors the biggest liar.

Yet there are, of course, intense pressures on the news media to engage in that distortion. Point out a Trump lie and you will get some pretty amazing mail — and if we set aside the attacks on your race or ethnic group, accusations that you are a traitor, etc., most of it will declare that you are being a bad journalist because you don’t criticize both candidates equally.

One all-too-common response to such attacks involves abdicating responsibility for fact-checking entirely, and replacing it with theater criticism: Never mind whether what the candidate said is true or false, how did it play? How did he or she “come across”? What were the “optics”?

But theater criticism is the job of theater critics; news reporting should tell the public what really happened, not be devoted to speculation about how other people might react to what happened.

Now, what will I say if Mr. Trump lies less than I predict and Mrs. Clinton more? That’s easy: Tell it like it is. But don’t grade on a curve. If Mr. Trump lies only three times as much as Mrs. Clinton, the main story should still be that he lied a lot more than she did, not that he wasn’t quite as bad as expected?

Again, I’m not calling on the news media to take sides; journalists should simply do their job, which is to report the facts. It may not be easy — but doing the right thing rarely is.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:21 AM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

You, Krugman and Politifact need to take a long walk on a short pier, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.

In too many matters regarding hildebeest, Politifact equivocates when making its rulings. In scores of other matters, Politifact altogether ignores hildebeest's lies and has made no rulings, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/...ump-false.html
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:18 PM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

Politifact's disingenuous rulings on two of hildebeest's lies:

Quote:
"We decided not to put hildebeest’s claim on the Truth-O-Meter, because there are a lot of unknowns."
(Politifact)
Quote:
"We won’t be rating her statement on the Truth-O-Meter now, because investigations are ongoing."
(Politifact)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I totally expect this to happen.

Then I expect to hear either how the media was biased against Drumpf.

Maybe even that the system is rigged. Against fucking idiots.

In fact, that's kinda been the mantra around here for months.

Good thing for America that ECCIE ain't the litmus test. (CHiT, ECCIE is barely a urine test!)
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/op...f=opinion&_r=0
The Lying Game
Paul Krugman

SEPT. 23, 2016

Here’s what we can be fairly sure will happen in Monday’s presidential debate: Donald Trump will lie repeatedly and grotesquely, on a variety of subjects. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton might say a couple of untrue things. Or she might not.

Here’s what we don’t know: Will the moderators step in when Mr. Trump delivers one of his well-known, often reiterated falsehoods? If he claims, yet again, to have opposed the Iraq war from the beginning — which he didn’t — will he be called on it? If he claims to have renounced birtherism years ago, will the moderators note that he was still at it just a few months ago? (In fact, he already seems to be walking back his admission last week that President Obama was indeed born in America.) If he says one more time that America is the world’s most highly taxed country — which it isn’t — will anyone other than Mrs. Clinton say that it isn’t? And will media coverage after the debate convey the asymmetry of what went down?

You might ask how I can be sure that one candidate will be so much more dishonest than the other. The answer is that at this point we have long track records for both Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton; thanks to nonpartisan fact-checking operations like PolitiFact, we can even quantify the difference.

PolitiFact has examined 258 Trump statements and 255 Clinton statements and classified them on a scale ranging from “True” to “Pants on Fire.” One might quibble with some of the judgments, but they’re overwhelmingly in the ballpark. And they show two candidates living in different moral universes when it comes to truth-telling. Mr. Trump had 48 Pants on Fire ratings, Mrs. Clinton just six; the G.O.P. nominee had 89 False ratings, the Democrat 27.

Unless one candidate has a nervous breakdown or a religious conversion in the next few days, the debate will follow similar lines. So how should it be reported?

Let’s take it as a given that one can’t report at length on every questionable statement a candidate makes — time, space and the attention of readers and viewers are all limited. What I suggest is that reporters and news organizations treat time and attention span as a sort of capital budget that must be allocated across coverage.

What businesses do when they must allocate capital is to establish a “hurdle rate,” a minimum rate of return a project must offer if it is to be undertaken. In terms of reporting falsehoods, this would amount to devoting on-air time or column inches to statements whose dishonesty rises above a certain level of outrageousness — say, outright falsity with no redeeming grain of truth. In terms of PolitiFact’s ratings, this might correspond to statements that are False or Pants on Fire.

And if the debate looks anything like the campaign so far, we know what that will mean: a news analysis that devotes at least five times as much space to Mr. Trump’s falsehoods as to Mrs. Clinton’s.

If your reaction is, “Oh, they can’t do that — it would look like partisan bias,” you have just demonstrated the huge problem with news coverage during this election. For I am not calling on the news media to take a side; I’m just calling on it to report what is actually happening, without regard for party. In fact, any reporting that doesn’t accurately reflect the huge honesty gap between the candidates amounts to misleading readers, giving them a distorted picture that favors the biggest liar.

Yet there are, of course, intense pressures on the news media to engage in that distortion. Point out a Trump lie and you will get some pretty amazing mail — and if we set aside the attacks on your race or ethnic group, accusations that you are a traitor, etc., most of it will declare that you are being a bad journalist because you don’t criticize both candidates equally.

One all-too-common response to such attacks involves abdicating responsibility for fact-checking entirely, and replacing it with theater criticism: Never mind whether what the candidate said is true or false, how did it play? How did he or she “come across”? What were the “optics”?

But theater criticism is the job of theater critics; news reporting should tell the public what really happened, not be devoted to speculation about how other people might react to what happened.

Now, what will I say if Mr. Trump lies less than I predict and Mrs. Clinton more? That’s easy: Tell it like it is. But don’t grade on a curve. If Mr. Trump lies only three times as much as Mrs. Clinton, the main story should still be that he lied a lot more than she did, not that he wasn’t quite as bad as expected?

Again, I’m not calling on the news media to take sides; journalists should simply do their job, which is to report the facts. It may not be easy — but doing the right thing rarely is.
The media is a joke when it comes to telling the truth. They even reported Clinton was dead after her collapse. All they do is read scripts doesn't matter if it's true or not. Nobody knows how the debates will unfold. To say Trump will lie repeatedly and Clinton will only lie a little proves what a crock of shit the media is and idiots like you who believe everything they say.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Who reported she was dead, dipshit?
Old 09-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Who reported she was dead, dipshit?
Goes to show how little you actually know. You're so worried about Trump you don't even follow the news of the candidate you're suppose to be supporting. The link below is the live News Cast. Whether it's true or not they don't know they just read a script without question.

Jim

https://youtu.be/WbbKoQX9wPo
Old 09-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA!
What a gullible fool!
Old 09-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #9
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 118

The problem with Monday's debate is there will be two pussies and no Johnson to plow in to them.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #10
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA!
What a gullible fool!
No idiot, I know she's not dead, for Christ sake we aren't that lucky. But I find it funny as hell a Liberal news outlet would fuck up that profoundly.

Jim
Old 09-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #11
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Like I said, you're a gullible fool. Do you really think that that is the entire video? Do you also think that local news affiliates Are conservative or liberal advocates?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 09-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #12
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Like I said, you're a gullible fool. Do you really think that that is the entire video? Do you also think that local news affiliates Are conservative or liberal advocates?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Oh you are so stupid. They reported her death then they tried to cover it up by saying her Doctor diagnosed her with Pneumonia. Goes to show ya they read a script. I know it's hard when your Liberal News Media put their foot in their mouths then little sheeple like you want to act like they really didn't say it. Well they did dumb ass.

Jim
Old 09-23-2016, 02:53 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Your inability to see that video for what it is indicates your inability to grasp reality.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:00 PM   #14
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Your inability to see that video for what it is indicates your inability to grasp reality.
No, no, no motherfucker they said what they said. Don't give me any of your Liberal bullshit. I know what they said and I know what the reality of it is. The MSM is nothing but a farce and sometimes they get caught.

Jim
Old 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM   #15
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

By you?

Hahahahahahaahshahahshshsaaa

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women