Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 02-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63
Default BDSM 101: The Basics of Bondage

Since we started this forum a week or so ago and read the posts others are making that have not experienced this realm, I thought it would benefit those with interest to post some basics, sort of 101 mini courses that I hope will answer questions and dispel some myths that go along with this lifestyle.

This will be the first in a series of posts that I am planning to outline and educate on the fantastic world for BDSM. Understanding that this world is not for everyone, but I hope the more knowledge you have that it may open others to experience the pleasures that these practices can bring.

At times TV and movies will portray this lifestyle as taboo and usually out of control. They do not do enough research to understand the reasons behind the decision that loving couples make to practice this life. The following is some basic information and some reasoning as to why this isn't such a terribly controlling fetish, just another way of living.

Here are some definitions to follow as to what BDSM stands for:

1. B & D - Bondage and Discipline
2. D & S - Domination and Submission
3. S & M - Sadism and Masochism

One main thing to keep in mind is that BDSM does not always mean a sexual relationship, however it should and must always mean a trusting relationship. Due to BDSM being an intense and often overwhelming experience, having any interactions with someone you do not trust will just create fear and animosity.

Many people that enjoy the pleasure of Dominance and Submission are deeply bonded friends that share nothing but this experience, sex may or may not be involved. However a larger majority are couples that live in what they call the vanilla world, and just delve into Sadism and Masochism in their private lives.

A popular acronym of people living the BDSM lifestyle is SSC- Safe, Sane, and Consensual. A person who is a true Dominant or Submissive live those rules and do not push far enough for someone to get hurt more than they truly want to anyway. Most D/s couples have safe words for the submissive when they have been pushed farther than they can handle. It is often the goal of the Dominant and the desire of the Submissive to be pushed to certain limits in order to achieve greater enlightenment.

Some might ask what is really involved in this lifestyle, whips, chains and all those things? These can be used along with paddles and collars. This isn't the true essence of what this life means. Whoever the Dominant is whether is be female or male, once they take on the role of Dominant they are agreeing to protect and care for their submissive in a way that boyfriends & girlfriends, even husbands & wives, rarely experience.

The Dominant may control and punish their slave or submissive, but they also pleasure and deeply care for them as well. Also keep in mind the submissive is often going to them and seeking them out for exactly what they give. Submissives desire the control and sometimes, but not always, the pain involved, it is their desire and need. Most believe the Dominant is in control but really it is the other way around. The submissive gives there self to the Dominant and in that giving they are in control. Also due to the safe word they have the ability to stop whatever is being done right then and there. Essentially the Dominant is at the submissive's call in a way.

True enjoyment of BDSM is mainly mental. The physiology of why people enjoy this lifestyle is often referred to as sensation play. Meaning that while in a session their might be pain inflicted without true injury. This creates a mass of endorphins which then instills a type of glow or the feeling like one has after climax. This glow can be escalated to extreme measures creating what submissives call "sub space". The space is when the submissive is so involved with sensation that pain no longer registers, everything is just sensation in pleasure and they want more.

In the brain the receptors that register and tell you to feel pain and pleasure overlap naturally, some more than others. Allowing people to gain please from pain and vice versa. This is the scientific reason for why people enjoy it, but if you ask a submissive or a Dominant why they live their lifestyle, you will here words like passion, need, deserve, and do not want science.

Although this lifestyle is definitely not for everyone it is also not as taboo, and scary as people think. It is definitely not a cesspool for degenerates, more the opposite. The people that love this life are intense and trustworthy and terribly respectful, because they have been taught to be so.

Be safe, have fun and push the envelope.

Respectively yours,

Koa

KohanaKoa is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Looks like it's going to be a good and interesting thread. Keep it up KK.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Thanks CT, hope it spurs some discussions on the topic.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
youngatheart
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Great description/explanation. Thanks for the lesson.
youngatheart is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

Pretty good.
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Willen
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Great statement--evidence that 'kinky' is not incompatible with -'considerate' and 'mature.'
Willen is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Guest091710
Account Disabled

User ID: 2211

Guest091710 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Cilla, This is a great post! Thank you for sharing my dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcilla View Post

Old 02-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
Guest091710
Account Disabled

User ID: 2211

i am glad You enjoyed it, Sir. You are welcome.
Guest091710 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
TexasStarr
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1070
My ECCIE Reviews

When I first discovered I was a submissive/slave I felt a feeling of relief. Throughout my first 35 yrs of life I was confused at who or what I should be. Upon reading into and learning... I finally knew who I was........ And a sense of happiness has fallen upon this sub.

I learned alot from this site, "Best Slave Training". It has alot of information for anyone who may be interested.

My favorite quote....... "The slave escapes her bonds to find a stronger set of chains"
~Annomyous~
TexasStarr is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #11
buttlover7777
Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Here's another useful resource.

http://bondageforsexguide.com/

I have a copy. It's very informative and the photos are well done and erotic. I've shown it to my favorite provider and she seemed very interested, she has a strong sub leaning. Haven't done much with it yet but I'm hopeful.
buttlover7777 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
otrdriver
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

thanks to all keep the info going, very informative. wish more ladies would step up and indicate their position dom/sub. most of the ads are scary for the newbie and confusing
otrdriver is offline   Quote