Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 10-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default there oughta be a law

is this fair?, if so, fair to whom?

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...-sues-lpga-ncx
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

There already is law on this.

Renee Richards successfully sued the US Tennis Association back in the 70's for not allowing her to enter the US Open after she had Male-to-Female reassignment surgery. Richards went on to have a pretty good career in tennis. IIRC she won a doubles title once (and no, that's not a pun).

I'm actually surprised that the LPGA stood their ground on this given the previous lawsuit. If I recall the Richards case was a state court decision (New York I believe) so it doesn't apply in California. Even so, the precedent set forty years ago is going to be hard for the court to ignore.

The men's pro golf tour was also successfully sued for discriminating against handicapped players by Casey Martin. Martin had a birth defect that made him unable to walk the course. The courts ruled that allowing him to use a cart was a reasonable accommodation. Although it's not on point about gender issues that case at least establishes that the pro tours are not exempt from federal anti-discrimination laws simply because they are contests of physical skill.

I honestly don't understand the LPGA's stance on this one. They may be putting up a fuss for sponsorship reasons. I really can't see a legal theory that lets them win in this case. I suspect that they are just making a brave stand in order to placate their right-of-center customer base and their advertisers. I have not read the case materials, though, so maybe somebody else here knows more.

As far as it being "fair", well, that's not a subject a lawyer should be opining on . . . .

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Guest042611
Account Disabled

User ID: 8913

Maybe in pro sports, people think it's unfair for an athlete who is born male to compete against people who are born female because of the potential discrepancy in size/strength? Most transwomen are taller, broader shouldered, etc. Even if you're on a full dose of female hormones, I wonder if it's possible to tweak your dosage so that it's most advantageous for athletic performance? But I'm just guessing, I have no idea.
Guest042611 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
missi hart
transgirl provider

User ID: 3227
My Bio Page

there is a very good documentary concerning these issues called "100% woman". it involves the sport of women's pro mountain biking and probes the issues.
missi hart is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Guest042611
Account Disabled

User ID: 8913

Thanks, Missi! I'd be interested to see that.
Guest042611 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
FLWrite
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
is this fair?, if so, fair to whom?

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...-sues-lpga-ncx
Must be a Tiger joke in there somewhere. PJ? Oh, PPPPJJJJJJ?
FLWrite is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Actually, a trannie would fit right in on the LPGA.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
FLWrite
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Truer words...
FLWrite is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWrite View Post
Truer words...
lol

The thing folks have to remember is these leagues are independent bodies that set their own eligibility standards....as long as they are fairly applied who are we to tell them what to do?

The NBA won't let 18 year old heterosexuals play until they spend a year in one of our Universities (or sit out a year and go to Europe)

THe Track & Field governing body won't let a kid with an artificial leg compete...who are we to argue?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

So why is there an LPGA in the first place? Can't women enter the PGA events? Is the US Open tournament open to women? Do women try to enter that tournament? I don't know much about golf.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
Can't women enter the PGA events?
Yes, if they qualify and/or get a sponsor. Michelle Wie played in a couple of tournaments. Anika Sorenstam played in one or two. There may have been others.

Generally, they can't qualify because they don't play as well as the guys (or maybe more accurately, hit the ball as far.)

Old 10-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Generally, they can't qualify because they don't play as well as the guys (or maybe more accurately, hit the ball as far.)
But this rapidly changing.

As with most other things in life, women had few incentives or opportunities to build skill and strength in golf from an early age. They also got held back by technology in balls and clubs that developed quickly for the big hitters on the men's tour, but did little for the slower swing speed on the LPGA. The women's tour compensated by just playing shorter course.

Now things are a changin'.

With women getting into the game earlier and playing college golf the ladies are catching up fast. Manufacturers are also finally bringing in clubs designed for women and their unique anatomies and lower swing speeds.

Average drive distances on the LPGA are now up past 250 yards - not all that different from the 287 on the men's tour. There will always be men who can blast it a lot farther than that, but I believe Michelle Wie is now averaging over 280 so she's already outhitting guys like Corey Pavin and Jose Olazabal on a daily basis.

Yes kids, Title IX is working. Women are catching up. Another ten years and I think you'll see the PGA and LPGA playing essentially the same game.

'bout time.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #13
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazomaniac View Post
Yes kids, Title IX is working. .
Seriously?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #14
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Seriously?
Define "working"
Old 10-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Yes, if they qualify and/or get a sponsor. Michelle Wie played in a couple of tournaments. Anika Sorenstam played in one or two. There may have been others.

Michelle or Anika can hit my balls any day.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women