Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Marshall
BANNED

Default Obama and the Art of Wooing Big Business

Obama and the Art of Wooing Big Business

By James E. Miller

Back in 2010, President Obama made the unprecedented move of using the State of the Union platform to criticize the Supreme Court's Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission,which struck down any previous limits on political campaign spending by corporations.
"Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign corporations -- to spend without limit in our elections. Well I don't think American elections should be bankrolled by America's most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities."
According to those on the left and the mainstream media, the Citizens United decision will end up making a mockery out of our electoral system. Apparently privatizing profits and socializing losses, a.k.a. TARP, wasn't enough to do that initially.
Bombastic progressive and former MSNBC, now CurrentTV (who?) pundit Keith Olbermann, compared Citizens United to the case of Dred Scott v. Sandford in which the Supreme Court famously decided that imported slaves were not U.S. citizens and therefore unprotected by the Constitution.
Dramatic much?
It's funny how the left takes great pleasure in deriding corporate special interests, yet failed to catch that Obama received his biggest donation during the 2008 campaign from none other than Goldman Sachs. Hypocrisy goes hand in and hand with politics but it's hard to take a group seriously that demagogues big business while their president appoints the king of tax breaks, GE CEO Jeffery Immelt, to head the Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.
Still, even as Democrats and President Obama have continued their condemnation of Citizens United, the Obama campaign has recently advised the White House in a memo to give previous top campaign donors a "sense of access" according to the HuffingtonPost. This memo was in response to CEO of Full Sail University Ed Haddock, who had yet to confirm his financial support for Obama's second run.
Principles always change fast when it comes to big money.
The Center for Public Integrity has just put out a report revealing that almost 200 of the president's top donors "have landed plum government jobs and advisory posts, won federal contracts worth millions of dollars for their business interests or attended numerous elite White House meetings and social events." The report came out only three days after the New York Times ran a story on Obama meeting with two dozen Wall Street executives in the White House Blue Room to discuss his reelection.
I guess those fat cat bonuses have to go somewhere.
Democrats may love the image of championing the cause of the middle and lower class, but the fact is that they have always been just as beholden to wealthy special interests as Republicans. Just ask Rep. Nancy Pelosi and her 38 waivers for businesses in her own district for the Obamacare mandate.
As long as governments at all levels continue to dole out benefits, special interests groups will always be there to throw wads of cash at whichever candidate offers the most goodies, and politicians will always be more than happy to oblige. The art of statesmanship has boiled down to convincing the public that they can give them the moon. Farmers will get their subsidies, oil companies obtain tax breaks, unions receive protection, seniors get their entitlements, public school teachers are protected from accountability, and large financial institutions are bailed out.
Famed political philosopher Frederic Bastiat defined government as "the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everyone else." The problem is not special interests; it is the belief and practice that an institution with a monopoly on force and coercion exists to provide benefits to one group at the expense of another. The art of picking winners and losers is best utilized by a market economy, not by the government.
When it comes down to it, President Obama would be dimwitted not to take advantage of the Citizens United decision. He is, after all, like any other person who acts in his own best interest. Collectivist rhetoric makes good talking points, but always takes a back seat when it comes to winning reelection. If he can continue to demagogue wealthy interest groups, simultaneously receive their donations, all the while convincing his base that he represents the working class, he may be a shoe-in for 2012.
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

as usual lies half truths and spinning.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Obama and the Art of Wooing Big Business

The Center for Public Integrity has just put out a report revealing that almost 200 of the president's top donors "have landed plum government jobs and advisory posts, won federal contracts worth millions of dollars for their business interests or attended numerous elite White House meetings and social events." .
Of course there is no list of names of who got what.

And you don't agree the SCOTUS fucked up the corporation ruling?
Bush's Chief Justice?

Same old bullshit from the fake conservatives, from long ago, with no point except an attempt to gain extra milage out of something the pin heads played flip-the-script with.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Here's a list, and it was in Marshall's post.

http://www.iwatchnews.org/node/4880

I think the Citizen's United case was wrongly decided, but I think Big Unions should be prevented from donating money to candidates as well.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
as usual lies half truths and spinning.

WHAT HE SAID: as usual lies half truths and spinning.

WHAT HE MEANT: I didn't read the article, but I hate you! I wanna give
Barry BBBJTCCIMWS!

Cockmunchmasterman---> <---ekim008
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Here's a list, and it was in Marshall's post.

http://www.iwatchnews.org/node/4880

I think the Citizen's United case was wrongly decided, but I think Big Unions should be prevented from donating money to candidates as well.
How do you figure that case was wrongly decided?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 AM   #7
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Shit, again I have no opinion because it really takes to much time to read all this.
But since its Marshall who posted this I don't care very much.
Thinking of putting him on ignore list.
I'm too busy!
waverunner234 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women