Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default What? No one has mentioned it yet?

(this is a problem with splitting things up. I think of this as a crime problem but others will see it as political. I will post it here since this side needs some energizing.)

We had a mass shooting in Santa Monica, CA a couple of day ago. People died and yet I don't hear an outcry. I waited to hear the name of the shooter for over 24 hours even though the police knew wherre he lived. So now they are talking a little bit about the shooting and I can see why they were reticent to talk about it; the shooter only had one rifle and one pistol (a black powder pistol), the shooter was over 21 years old, the shooter once again gravitated to a "gun free zone", and the shooter was named Zawahri. The media is focusing on the amount of ammunition (like he could really get off 1300 rounds if that ammunition fit the weapon) and they are guilding the lily by referring to the pistol (below) as a .44 caliber pistol only.

Congressman Henry Waxman (d) didn't wait for the identity to be made known but released a statement about yet another mass shooting and the need for more gun control. Body armor? Large amounts of ammunition? (I don't take it for granted that all the ammunition was for the rifle since they didn't specify that) Black powder pistol??? This shooter sounds a little bit off the beaten path. According to some outlets this is not his first encounter with the law but no note was taken of his brush with authority.

Seems simple to me; crazy people do crazy things and we are not looking for them, shooters go to where there are unarmed people, politicians don't even wait for the blood to be cleaned up before trying to use the event, and the media still doesn't know how to report these things accurately. Without something that advances their agenda the media seems pretty tongue-tied when reporting.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Ozombie brains are in overload, right now. Give them time to spin this.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Did I just turn this into a political thread. OH MY!
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Did I just turn this into a political thread. OH MY!
Not really. Other than COG and perhaps a couple of others, there are not many posters who pay much attention to you anyway.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Full board rules are in effect here...proceed at your own peril

(Lets all watch a non-political thread turn political and how the discussion goes. This is what many people wanted, an area for some sane discussion without all the normal name-calling and BS)
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Seems simple to me; crazy people do crazy things and we are not looking for them, shooters go to where there are unarmed people, politicians don't even wait for the blood to be cleaned up before trying to use the event, and the media still doesn't know how to report these things accurately. Without something that advances their agenda the media seems pretty tongue-tied when reporting.
what isn't being reported on? ...another tragic shooting spree ends with the cops gunning down the suspect. that's it for him, case closed.
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

What isn't being reported on? Did you really write that? Compare this to Aurora, Newtown, Columbine, or any other mass shooting (except Fort Hood). I guess you could always go to Nexus and see how many articles have been printed but I think it is pretty obvious that there is little interest this time. I just wonder why?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
(this is a problem with splitting things up. I think of this as a crime problem but others will see it as political. I will post it here since this side needs some energizing.)

We had a mass shooting in Santa Monica, CA a couple of day ago. People died and yet I don't hear an outcry. I waited to hear the name of the shooter for over 24 hours even though the police knew wherre he lived. So now they are talking a little bit about the shooting and I can see why they were reticent to talk about it; the shooter only had one rifle and one pistol (a black powder pistol), the shooter was over 21 years old, the shooter once again gravitated to a "gun free zone", and the shooter was named Zawahri. The media is focusing on the amount of ammunition (like he could really get off 1300 rounds if that ammunition fit the weapon) and they are guilding the lily by referring to the pistol (below) as a .44 caliber pistol only.

Congressman Henry Waxman (d) didn't wait for the identity to be made known but released a statement about yet another mass shooting and the need for more gun control. Body armor? Large amounts of ammunition? (I don't take it for granted that all the ammunition was for the rifle since they didn't specify that) Black powder pistol??? This shooter sounds a little bit off the beaten path. According to some outlets this is not his first encounter with the law but no note was taken of his brush with authority.

Guess you missed the part about his mother was abroad and they wanted to notify her before releasing his name.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

You do help make my point. In Aurora, CO we had a major media outlet release the name of the shooter (but they had the wrong guy) and tried to connect him to an activist movement (again they were wrong). The media here seemed very timid about even floating a name. Have they learned their lesson or because it doesn't fit into the template?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Ozombie brains are in overload, right now. Give them time to spin this.
Your avatar continues to be the best portion of all the things that make up the near perfect ass that you seem to be.

Who jumped in here first with spin about the possible spin?
Quote:
(this is a problem with splitting things up. I think of this as a crime problem but others will see it as political. I will post it here since this side needs some energizing.) Energizing not politicizing.

We had a mass shooting in Santa Monica, CA a couple of day ago. People died and yet I don't hear an outcry. We'll let the wounded, dead, and families of them know you don't think they screamed loud enough. Or do you just want to hear the screams of liberals? Or will any screams do? I waited to hear the name of the shooter for over 24 hours even though the police knew wherre he lived. So now they are talking a little bit about the shooting and I can see why they were reticent to talk about it; the shooter only had one rifle and one pistol (a black powder pistol), the shooter was over 21 years old, the shooter once again gravitated to a "gun free zone", and the shooter was named Zawahri. The media is focusing on the amount of ammunition (like he could really get off 1300 rounds if that ammunition fit the weapon) and they are guilding the lily by referring to the pistol (below) as a .44 caliber pistol only.

Listen to yourself. You cry about not enough coverage at the same time say “the shooter only had one rifle”. How many guns can you shoot at one time? If you think somebody with 2 hand guns blazing is more dangerous than a man with one rifle, you know as much about this subject as you do about most subjects you comment on. Not much.

Can’t get off 1300 rounds? Almost certainly not but you notice he had an extra barrel. He planned on shooting a large number of rounds in a short period of time.

This is Rep. Waxman’s district. You claiming him to be grandstanding or using this for gain is at best not well thought out, at worst incredibly moronic.

His statement;
“I am deeply saddened by the senseless violence at Santa Monica College. Reports have indicated that the shooter may have used an AR-15, the same military-style assault weapon also used by the shooters in Aurora, Colorado and Newtown, Connecticut.
“This is the seventh mass shooting in the last year. Enough is enough. It’s well past time that Congress take action to keep these dangerous weapons off our streets.
“My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this violence and their families. In the coming days and weeks, I will do all I can to pressure Congress to take up common-sense gun measures to fix our loophole-ridden gun laws and keep these violent weapons out of our communities.”

His statement identified the weapon used, called for the closing of loopholes and using “common-sense gun measures”, expressed his opinion about limiting the availability of “assault” weapons, and expressed his condolences for the victims and their families.

How fucking irresponsible is that?

Your final summation is right about crazy people, but singularly ill-informed on the rest.
Your opinion is just that. Your opinion. You can use it to vote, but that is the only place it carries the tiniest amount weight.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women