Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368
Wink Hobby Fairy Tales...Happily (N)Ever After?

A comment on the Houston board got me thinking.

Some people enter the Hobby with a "Pretty Woman" mentality. Some men are looking for a fantasy and fall in love. Some woman are looking for a rich, handsome man to take them away from all of this and buy them a big house and fancy car.

While we may scoff at this, it must happen sometimes, no?

I'd love to hear people's stories about people they know who have tried to live happily ever after in regards to the hobby and if it ever works out in the long run.

I met my husband on ASPD and though I'm no longer married to him, it's not because of the hobby at all. But I will admit we both had sort of a fascination with the whole Pretty Woman concept. I also hear from guys who say they used to be married to providers.

I'm just curious about what others think.

Guest062114-5 is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

No.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Is there a third option?
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Just a quick note and I'll elaborate later. Not enough time to do it justice now.

Yes, it does happen despite what the negativists would have everyone believe. But I would doubt it ever happens when people of either gender go looking for it, just like anywhere else. Odds compared to other meeting places? I have no idea, probably less because the percentage of damaged people is likely higher here than the total population. But then again the latest stat I saw said 60% of all marriages end in divorce--and almost 85%+ of all "serious relationships" don't last.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

If the taint is taken care of then all is good. Ignore the taint and problems occur.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
BFCjosh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Only an idiot goes to see prostitutes with the hope of falling in love.
BFCjosh is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:32 AM   #7
Doodle23
Valued Poster

I am guessing this " fairy tale " option is a much more common fantasy with women. I don't know any man with a level head that would think it is a good idea to buy a hooker a house. Rich men typically get rich by being savy with money and pinching every penny they can. I suppose it does happen, but it is probably miniscule. Many men have bought their wives a house and a car and it lead them to not getting any pussy and having to seek it elsewhere. I doubt a lot of them are eager to make the same mistake twice.
Doodle23 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:01 AM   #8
PhantomofTheOpera
Valued Poster

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Does the "Pretty Woman" thing happen? Yes is does. Does it last, no it does not. While some may meet and "fall in love", all that it really is, is lust pure and simple. A relationship is based upon trust and mutual respect. Once you have gone the hooker/trick route, you have put the ox before the cart and it can never be righted. The preceding is my opinion as well as direct experience as I have a few I know who tried and failed.
PhantomofTheOpera is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
Zhivago52
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

The "Pretty Woman" thing happens on occasion and I'm happy for my lady friend(s) when it does. Miss them terribly, but happy for them all the same.
Zhivago52 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #10
JayceeRivers
Account Disabled

User ID: 113900
My ECCIE Reviews

Surprisingly I have noted more gentlemen are inclined to fall into the fairytale aspect. Not by their own fault of course. They see a highly sexually active woman lavishing them with attention with no apparent or direct flaws. They see the "best" of the woman in question. Not the everyday woman who is likely far more normal than most expect.

I believe it is the younger ladies in the business more inclined to solidify or believe the daydream about her Richard Gere rescue is a viable possibility.

We all have our fantasies that come from our subconscious needs and desires. There are few women in the world that would turn down financial security with a man they find attractive, interesting, and stable. This will be a fantasy that all women in and out of the business will always have looming in the back of their mind.

Just as men are predisposed to wanting to protect women and reproduce. There will always be that fantasy for men that they will find that loyal, interesting, honest woman who is a sex kitten beyond the bedroom door and wants him and him alone.

Are these fantasies a potential reality? Absolutely but the odds are akin to winning the lottery. Is it possible in the business? Again I say yes but the odds would be like winning the lottery twice in a row.

I cannot express how many times I have been proposed to with serious intentions. Aside from the extreme commitment there is another decently sized number that simply wished to "be me boyfriend" and save me from "this life" Though thoughtful and generous of them I decline.
JayceeRivers is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #11
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

Excellent responses! Ill comment more later but I agree with Jaycee.

Well said.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #12
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Very interesting if I do say so myself. As it pertains to the hobby.... regardless of age I have found that it doesn't take long for a woman to become jaded. As much as she might want to trust a man after being shit on its next to impossible to move forward with the past haunting them. I call it the "Chicken Ranch Syndrome". I have found myself very attracted to four providers in the industry. In each case they talked about about how money is NOT important. Yet they make it "ALL" about the money. Each thinking, well if you have the money well WTF?! I call this the "Chicken Ranch Syndrome". They demand a few eggs at times even a dozen or more without paying for the eggs. (Shopping, Trips, Cars, Cash) The sad part is if they were to operate like a "TRUE" business person they would realize, why run off with a few eggs when I can have the entire chicken ranch. The real smart ones take the time to find out how many Chicken Ranches might a guy own? Human nature is so predictable. Five years ago I met a young lady that understood. Perhaps on accident it would seem. She is retired, owns her own home, two cars and lives on the beach in Florida raising her son. So now what did that one want? Nothing, nothing at all. Surprise, surprise, surprise.
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Jaycee..."extreme commitment"... I like that.
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #14
peabody
Valued Poster

You can take the woman out of the hobby but you can't take the hobby out of the woman.
peabody is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #15
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
You can take the woman out of the hobby but you can't take the hobby out of the woman.
Actually, I think it's probably the opposite. I think men are much likely go back to hobbying when the newness wears off. I think many women would likely leave the business if they were getting more money and security.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women