Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70398
biomed160407
Yssup Rider59880
gman4452898
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47481
pyramider46370
bambino40298
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35252
Mojojo33117

Old 11-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #16
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

its not a repudiation of either, yet

the nation is deeply divided

but as the dims grow their hate-America filled ranks, the future looks bright to me

biden was a tool to win the election, who will they go to in 4 or 8 years that can survive their primaries?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #17
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Repudiation of Democrats my ass. It looks to be a repudiation of Donald Trump, and a confirmation of the wisdom of our founders, when they wrote the Constitution in a way that balances democracy and freedom.

Its not a repudiation of Trump, nor is it a strong mandate for Biden. If it was one, why haven't we seen a landslide for Biden.

this is very close race, you can see that in a number of swing states.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #18
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
The Great Blue Ripple . . . .

That sucking sound is the tide going out .

instead a Red Ripple move in.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #19
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

The true test will be in 2022 and in 2024. Biden will likely not run again and I have doubt that Trump will be in a position to run 2024 as he might be dealing with legal problems. Both parties will be looking to their bench and I don’t believe either has one as yet.

In 2022 without Trump on the ballot the real question will be what party will turn out. I don’t have any idea how that’ll play. I suspect a Trump loss will hurt many Republicans and will make congressional races more local.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #20
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Point blank....

Trump is probably going to carry Pennsylvania once all the mail ins are counted.

But-- if he loses Michigan and Wisconsin-- and Biden hangs on to Nevada.... its over. Even if Trump takes Georgia and North Carolina. That will give Biden exactly 270.

All the focus on Pennsylvania is putting focus in the wrong place. Its the widest gap of all the states in play. Michigan and Wisconsin are the two to watch-- and Nevada to a lesser degree, since Biden needs all 3
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #21
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Georgia isn't done yet either.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #22
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Point blank....

But-- if he loses Michigan and Wisconsin-- and Biden hangs on to Nevada.... its over. Even if Trump takes Georgia and North Carolina. That will give Biden exactly 270.
If the above holds, Biden will have 271 EC votes. There is a district in Nebraska for 1 electoral college vote that Biden won.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #23
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
The true test will be in 2022 and in 2024. Biden will likely not run again and I have doubt that Trump will be in a position to run 2024 as he might be dealing with legal problems. Both parties will be looking to their bench and I don’t believe either has one as yet.

In 2022 without Trump on the ballot the real question will be what party will turn out. I don’t have any idea how that’ll play. I suspect a Trump loss will hurt many Republicans and will make congressional races more local.
I disagree. The absence of Trump on the ballot will help Republicans. Changing demographics will help Democrats, unless Republicans can broaden their tent to include more minorities and younger voters. And how many Democrats turned out to vote against Trump? That's a rhetorical question.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #24
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
Its not a repudiation of Trump, nor is it a strong mandate for Biden. If it was one, why haven't we seen a landslide for Biden.

this is very close race, you can see that in a number of swing states.
It's most definitely not a strong mandate for Biden. Is it a repudiation of Trump? The dictionary definition of repudiation is "rejection of a proposal or idea." Given that, I'd argue it is, specifically of his actions, temperament, and policies or lack thereof. I made the case earlier in the post you partially quoted (see bold text below).

Quote:
Repudiation of Democrats my ass. It looks to be a repudiation of Donald Trump, and a confirmation of the wisdom of our founders, when they wrote the Constitution in a way that balances democracy and freedom.

If our presidency and legislatures were decided only based on national popular vote the Democrats would have a clean sweep. But the Senate should stay under Republican control. That means no end of the filibuster, no court packing, no extortionate taxation, and smaller deficits. Democrats won’t pass whatever legislation they want, without any input from the duly elected representatives of the 48% of Americans who didn’t vote for them.

Trump’s probably going to lose. This is a repudiation in part of the way he responded to Covid. I believe lives were lost as a result. You can disagree and say the economy has done better than it would have during Covid with a Democrat president. Fair enough. But irregardless his messaging lost him the election. He ridiculed people who wear masks. He questioned the intelligence and integrity of doctors and our top infectious disease experts. And what else? He lies, even more than most politicians. He appears to be incapable of studious analysis. He’s overconfident. He asked the president of Ukraine to investigate a political opponent and an absurd conspiracy theory, apparently as a quid pro quo for military aid authorized by Congress.

I’m not looking forward to seeing my friends out of work as a result of Biden’s plans to kneecap the oil and gas industry. But I understand why some people voted for him
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:12 PM   #25
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Maybe. I don’t think some of those Trump voters are true Republican voters. Many didn’t vote in 2018 because Trump wasn’t on the ballet. I suspect they won’t return to vote.

The questions will be 1) can the republicans get those voters to turn out without trump which I believe helps republicans in senate races this year and 2) will a lack of animus for Trump in the next election decrease Democrat turnout.

I suspect 2022 will lack a hate vote against Biden or the Dems in congress as the Trump hate vote came out in 2018. 2024 will be vastly different. Kamala as top of the ticket? I’m not sure that will be the case.

Nether party has a legit bench.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:15 PM   #26
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Nether party has a legit bench.
And that's sad. Both parties have people who would make better leaders and candidates than Trump or Biden but they couldn't get the nomination, in 2016 or 2020.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:45 PM   #27
1blackman1
Valued Poster

We agree.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #28
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:

If our presidency and legislatures were decided only based on national popular vote the Democrats would have a clean sweep. But the Senate should stay under Republican control. That means no end of the filibuster, no court packing, no extortionate taxation, and smaller deficits. Democrats won’t pass whatever legislation they want, without any input from the duly elected representatives of the 48% of Americans who didn’t vote for them.

Trump’s probably going to lose. This is a repudiation in part of the way he responded to Covid. I believe lives were lost as a result. You can disagree and say the economy has done better than it would have during Covid with a Democrat president. Fair enough. But irregardless his messaging lost him the election. He ridiculed people who wear masks. He questioned the intelligence and integrity of doctors and our top infectious disease experts. And what else? He lies, even more than most politicians. He appears to be incapable of studious analysis. He’s overconfident. He asked the president of Ukraine to investigate a political opponent and an absurd conspiracy theory, apparently as a quid pro quo for military aid authorized by Congress.

I’m not looking forward to seeing my friends out of work as a result of Biden’s plans to kneecap the oil and gas industry. But I understand why some people voted for him

You were doing pretty good till you hit that part. There is now, no question what so ever that Joe Biden was fully involved in what Hunter was doing and Hunter was influence peddling.

I believe Bobulinski and I'll bet the FBI does to, that the only reason Joe Biden asked to meet Bobulinski, twice, was to gives Joe's stamp of approval on everything Hunter was doing.

When the other two people involved in the China deal are questioned by the FBI and they figure trying to save Joe at their expense isn't worth it, this story is going to break big time.

There was every reason to ask that Joe Biden, regardless of being an opponent to Trump, be investigated. And I believe we will see that on the front page of the New York Times before Jan. 20th.

And even if the Republican Senate can't quite tie Joe into Hunter's influence peddling, they will have two years to drag Hunter through the mud getting some of that mud on Joe even if it isn't enough to get Democrats in the House to impeach him.

Tom Cotton 2024. You heard it here first. Just hope I'm around to say "I told you so".
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #29
oeb11
Valued Poster

Will Mike Pence be a candidate for 2024?
Michael Richard Pence (born June 7, 1959) Age - 61 yar.

he could be a candidate - if he chooses.

Tom Cotton - I have great respect for him - he would be a good choice in 2024
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:01 AM   #30
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Repudiation of Democrats my ass.
Trump IS a Democrat and always has been.

But stuffing a ballot box with bogus votes is not a "repudiation" of Trump any more than burning buildings, killing cops, and stealing from small businesses.

Why do you think the DimboCrats embraced "mail-in" ballots?
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women