Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70399
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452902
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47486
pyramider46370
bambino40299
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35264
Mojojo33117

Old 11-21-2021, 04:50 AM   #751
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
And your point is? Everybody here knows you can’t trust anything that comes out of Trump’s mouth.

Everybody? If that were the case we would not be having all this election nonsense.

Everyone with half a brain knows is how you may should have worded that. Lustylad, bambino, Salty ,Waco and many many more worship and hang on every word Trump utters....

Why do you think lustylad was bolstering on and on about "Trumps" economy and how great it was. He in fact is still trying to do so.

Quote:

You’re cherry picking by looking at 2014 to 2016. And making a correlation between who’s president and the GDP growth rate is kind of nonsensical. But you already know that.
I believe in business cycles and what the Fed does has way more effect on the economy than any one President.

That said, it was one of your economic heroes, lustylad who was cheering picking years. The fairest look at both Obama and Trump's GDP numbers is to compare Obama's last 3 years and Trumps first 3.

Now if you want to compare each entire Presidential terms....I've done that too but your economic hero, lustylad, once again did not like those numbers and wanted to cherry pick the Obama years 2011-2016.

Please explain why the best years to compare both Obama and Trump are not Obama's last 3 and Trumps first 3. Is it because doing so does not fit your narrative about Trumps tax cuts?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:39 AM   #752
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Cherrying picking...not cheering picking! Lol
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:03 AM   #753
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Please explain why the best years to compare both Obama and Trump are not Obama's last 3 and Trumps first 3. Is it because doing so does not fit your narrative about Trumps tax cuts?
No, you cherry-picking fool. You're the partisan hack trying to fit a narrative, not me. If we have a record of 7 undistorted years to gauge a President's economic performance, we use ALL of them. We don't cherry pick the first, middle, or last 3 years out of the 7 available data sets. We use them ALL because it gives us a fuller measure of that President's performance. Trump only has 3 undistorted years for us to examine. If he had 7 or 8 years, we would use all of them too.

I've been eminently fair by discarding both 2009 and 2020 from the comparison for obvious reasons. It would be a distortion to blame or penalize Obama for the 2008/09 recession, and it would likewise be a distortion to blame/penalize Trump for covid virtually shutting down our economy in 2020.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:10 AM   #754
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Cherrying picking...not cheering picking! Lol
What's "cherrying picking"??

You're such an incurable klutz - you even fuck up your own corrections!
Old 11-21-2021, 08:22 AM   #755
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:55 AM   #756
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Trump only has 3 undistorted years for us to examine. If he had 7 or 8 years, we would use all of them too.

But he does not have 8 years from which to compare, much like Jimmy Carter. How about you compare Trump'sGDP numbers to Carters!

The most comparable, that would eliminate as many variables as possible, is Obama's last three and Trump's first three. It is like comparing Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. The best comparison is the years closest to when they had the same teammates. Do yo see how many variables there are just teammates wise not including injuries...just think about the numerous more variables the economy has. So while I think it a lesson in futility (especially with a known liar such as yourself) I think the best by far...is the way in which I have presented

I see why the fuck you do not want to use that 6 year section....it is because they are virtually the same. Probably because Trump was a Democrat, he sure spent like one! Should we look at that too?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:09 AM   #757
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Singing Bye Bye Ms American Pie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Cherrying picking is what you and bambino did long ago in the back seat of a car along a rural road listening to Don Mcclane hoping nobody would catch yall.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 09:15 AM   #758
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Trump's GDP numbers vs other Presidents

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-g...121008953.html

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents:

Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25%

Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48%

George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25%

Bill Clinton (D): 3.88%

George W. Bush (R): 2.2%

Barack Obama (D): 1.62%

Donald Trump (R): 0.95%

In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents.

Oh wait....we already have a comparison of Carters and Trumps!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:18 AM   #759
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
I believe... what the Fed does has way more effect on the economy than any one President.

The fairest look at both Obama and Trump's GDP numbers is to compare Obama's last 3 years and Trumps first 3.
As usual, you babble away and make no fucking sense.

The Fed had the pedal to the metal during obama's entire first term. It didn't end QE until 2014. By your logic, that should argue for including those early years (2010-2013) in any analysis. Instead, you want to exclude them because you don't like the way they drag down his GDP growth numbers.

If the Fed is so omnipotent, why didn't QE lift odumbo's GDP? Maybe it was because of all those oppressive taxes and regulations he weighed us down with?

Trying to grow an economy with dim-retards in charge is like running in a race wearing 20-pound lead anklets!
Old 11-21-2021, 10:42 AM   #760
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I just looked up the YoY GDP number for the third quarter. I thought this would give me the ammo to show that Joe Biden is an economic genius, deserving of the Nobel Prize in economics, for generating historically high GDP numbers. Of course that would ignore that last year we were in the depths of one of the worst recessions in U.S. history because of COVID.

And what did I find? We were only up 2% YoY in the 3rd quarter. Most of the recovery from the depths of COVID occurred in the third quarter of 2020, when QoQ GDP was up almost 35%.

So what does this show about the genius or lack thereof of Trump and Biden? Well, probably nothing. Who's leader of the country doesn't have a lot to do with GDP performance.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #761
lustylad
BANNED

Default Spend, Spend, Spend!

Tiny - the quarterly GDP numbers are not measured YoY (Year-over-Year). They're clocked versus the previous quarter. Otherwise they would be misleading. For instance - in a recession, the economy may bottom out and resume growing, with quarterly output higher than the prior quarter yet still lower than the year-earlier quarter. In that case, the YoY GDP change would still be negative, even though the economy is actually expanding again.

So the GDP change is calculated from the previous quarter, then annualized. If the raw number is +0.9%, then an annual growth rate of +3.6% is reported.

Here are the quarterly annualized GDP results since covid struck:

Q1 2020: - 5.1%
Q2 2020: -31.2%
Q3 2020: +33.8%
Q4 2020: + 4.5%

Q1 2021: + 6.3%
Q2 2021: + 6.7%
Q3 2021: + 2.0% (prelim. est.)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...gdp-in-the-us/

Last year's wild swings in Q2 and Q3 are unprecedented and will be studied by economists for years to come. And let's not forget they occurred during the run-up to the 2020 election, with dim-retards like wtf and adav8 hoping and praying for the economy to stay in the dumps and fearful when it came roaring back at an annual 34% rate!

The Federal Reserve currently expects real GDP growth of 5.9% for full-year 2021.

The question Biden and his sad-sack crew of clueless dim-retards keep ducking is - why in the fuck would anyone in their right minds want to pour ANOTHER humongous $5 trillion in federal spending onto the fires of a demonstrably OVERHEATED and OVER-STIMULATED economy where the inflation rate has already QUADRUPLED and there are labor shortages everywhere??

Gee, wasn't that the question you were posing (sort of) when you started this thread??
Old 11-21-2021, 01:35 PM   #762
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Tiny - the quarterly GDP numbers are not measured YoY (Year-over-Year). They're clocked versus the previous quarter. Otherwise they can be misleading. For instance - in a recession, the economy may bottom out and resume growing, with quarterly output higher than the prior quarter yet still lower than the year-earlier quarter. In that case, the YoY GDP change would still be negative, even though the economy is actually expanding again.

So the GDP change is calculated from the previous quarter, then annualized. If the raw number is +0.9%, then an annual growth rate of +3.6% is reported.

Here are the quarterly annualized GDP results since covid struck:

Q1 2020: - 5.1%
Q2 2020: -31.2%
Q3 2020: +33.8%
Q4 2020: + 4.5%

Q1 2021: + 6.3%
Q2 2021: + 6.7%
Q3 2021: + 2.0%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...gdp-in-the-us/

Last year's wild swings in Q2 and Q3 are unprecedented and will be studied by economists for years to come. And let's not forget they occurred during the run-up to the 2020 election, with dim-retards hoping and praying for the economy to stay in the dumps and fearful when it came roaring back at an annual 34% rate!

The Federal Reserve currently expects real GDP growth of 5.9% for full-year 2021. The question nobody seems to be asking is - why in the fuck would anyone in their right minds want to pour ANOTHER humongous $5 trillion federal spending package onto the fires of an already OVERHEATED and OVER-STIMULATED economy where the inflation rate has QUADRUPLED and there are labor shortages everywhere??

Gee, wasn't that the question you were posing when you started this thread???
My post was totally screwed up LustyLad. I didn't have Bloomberg available this morning so was just randomly looking up numbers on the internet. I see that YoY GDP was actually up 4.9% for the 3Q of 2021. So I guess Biden actually is a genius, like I first thought! (Note for Hedonist: This is sarcasm.)

I didn't know that about QoQ GDP numbers, that they're annualized. Thanks for that. So I guess the 2% that I probably got from Statista too was the annualized increase in GDP from the 2Q to the 3Q of 2021.

Agreed about your conclusions. The combination of the American Rescue Plan, the infrastructure bill, and the Build Back Better bill is throwing gasoline on the fire.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:50 PM   #763
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Agreed about your conclusions. The combination of the American Rescue Plan, the infrastructure bill, and the Build Back Better bill is throwing gasoline on the fire.
BBB = Burn Baby Burn!!
Old 11-21-2021, 01:52 PM   #764
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
BBB = Burn Baby Burn!!
Hilarious!
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #765
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
In December 2017, Trump had talked about blah, blah, blah...
Quote:
And your point is? Everybody here knows you can’t trust anything that comes out of Trump’s mouth...
What I said earlier in this thread about adav8 also applies in spades to wtf!

Quote:
Trump says stupid things too. Most of the time, he's trolling and goading people like you into saying something stupider. You never fail him either.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women