Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47418
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #16
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Huh?? Doom for fiat money?

A little tinpot wannabe like Qaddafi had no more chance of disturbing the primacy of the world's major currencies than you and a dozen of your buddies would have of pooling your funds and making a successful run at effecting a hostile takeover of Exxon Mobil.

Since it's only five minutes long, and since I thought there might be some comedic value involved (since you posted it!), I took a look at that video. The guy actually said that Qaddafi's gold-backed "African Dinar" might threaten to "topple" the world's fiat currencies. (Yes, seriously. You just can't make this stuff up!) Completely laughable, but I remember when the conspiracy-mongering bullshit blogs lit up with this silliness.
I find it amusing to watch how these conspiracy mongers work. They glom onto a shred of actual evidence (thinking this will shroud their claims and conclusions with an aura of credibility) and then blow everything way the fuck out of proportion!

This nonsense originated with one of the emails sent by Sidney Blumenthal to hildebeest back in 2011. It became public last January in one of the State Department's late-Friday dumps of the emails recovered from her illegal private server. In the email, Blumenthal ticked off 5 factors that may have influenced Nikolas Sarkozy's eagerness to attack Libya. Supposedly, one of the 5 factors was to thwart Qaddafi's plan to roll out a new pan-African currency (the gold dinar) that might undercut the CFA franc, which is guaranteed by the French treasury and serves as a strong link between France and the 14 former colonies in Africa that use it.

Leaving aside the question of how credible Sidney Blumenthal or his sources are, how in the fuck do we leap from a single email mentioning the CFA franc to the conclusion that the US dollar - and indeed ALL "fiat money" - could possibly be threatened by Qaddafi Duck's new, yet-to-be-launched African gold dinar? And how in the fuck do we leap from a suggestion it may have been one of several factors in Sarkozy's mind to the conclusion that it was the "only reason" behind the Libyan intervention? And how in the fuck do we leap from it being an arguable French concern to it being the sole, driving casus belli for the United States and NATO?

Pretty funny stuff, really. But let's give the conspiracy mongers credit. In order to weave a bullshit conspiracy theory that people on COG's cognitive level will find plausible, you need to start with a kernel of real news. The Blumenthal email provided that kernel around which they could embellish and weave all of their other bullshit.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:33 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Yeah. You're right. The government always tells us the truth. Silly me.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #18
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-CEO View Post
She's a pretty fucking slow learner, isn't she?
Compared to what? The avg Democrat?

I've never understood why Obama went after Qaddafi. He was living up to the agreements from what I read.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:47 PM   #19
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yeah. You're right. The government always tells us the truth. Silly me.
Except on days which are spelled using the letter "A".
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:53 PM   #20
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Compared to what? The avg Democrat?

I've never understood why Obama went after Qaddafi. He was living up to the agreements from what I read.

It wasn't Obama who went after Qaddafi, it was Cameron & Sarkozy. the libyan fiasco was an entirely European affair. Obama was dragged into it vis-a-vis Hillary when was sect. of state at the time.

Qaddaffi was indeed honoring the aggreements, apparently it wasn't enough.

I miss that bugger! He made the news interesting..
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:36 AM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

A little truth about Libya. It's there if you look.

http://collectivelyconscious.net/art...t-you-to-know/
Old 06-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #22
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
A little truth about Libya. It's there if you look.

http://collectivelyconscious.net/art...t-you-to-know/
Hey COG... I read your link... the first 9 things it mentioned were already well-known... Libya has a tiny population and an abundance of oil, so it was easy for Qaddafi to offer free housing, education, healthcare, cheap gas, etc. to his citizens... no secret about that! The information was there if you looked. Everyone knew about his "Green Book" back in the 1970s.

Then we get to item #10 in your link:

"Before the fall of Tripoli and his untimely demise, Gaddafi was trying to introduce a single African currency linked to gold. Following in the foot steps of the late great pioneer Marcus Garvey who first coined the term ”United States of Africa”. Gaddafi wanted to introduce and only trade in the African gold Dinar – a move which would have thrown the world economy into chaos.

The Dinar was widely opposed by the ‘elite’ of today’s society and who could blame them. African nations would have finally had the power to bring itself out of debt and poverty and only trade in this precious commodity. They would have been able to finally say ‘no’ to external exploitation and charge whatever they felt suitable for precious resources. It has been said that the gold Dinar was the real reason for the NATO led rebellion, in a bid to oust the outspoken leader."

As you know, we already debunked this nonsense in our previous posts. Do you still want to defend it? Can you?

Ok, I'll tell you what - since you know "where to look" and the rest of us don't, can you identify those "elites" who were so "widely opposed" to this African gold dinar? Surely you can point us to some comments they made on this dinar idea, right? Or maybe a few warnings that it was about to "throw the world economy into chaos"?

Oh, and please explain how the simple act of issuing a new currency would lift "African nations... out of debt and poverty"? Does Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe know about this miracle cure? And I am especially curious to understand how a new currency would let African nations "charge whatever they felt suitable for precious resources". I mean, I always figured the prices of global commodities were determined by things like supply and demand. Silly me. Your link tells me if I simply demand payment in a different currency, I can set my own prices for everything! COOL! Please explain how this works, professor! Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Just stick with the state controlled MSM, LustyLardo. You can't handle the truth.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:34 AM   #24
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Just stick with the state controlled MSM, LustyLardo. You can't handle the truth.
Wow. So your answer to my invitation for you to explain and defend the link you just posted is - a resounding NO?

That's pathetic! Is that what you told struggling students who came to your office asking for help in understanding the assigned readings when you taught university-level economics? Were you unable to expound on any of the theories and concepts you taught? How did you handle questions during your lectures? Did you tell your students you couldn't answer because they were all brainwashed by the "state-controlled MSM"?

Something doesn't add up here, professor!

Sure you don't want to try again?

When I post a link and someone challenges it, I see an opportunity to jump right in and engage in a lively debate! Why should I or anyone else bother to open and read any of your links in the future if you can't/won't explain or defend them?
Old 06-22-2016, 01:48 AM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You don't want a debate. It won't matter what I post, LustyLardo, you'll find some MSM hack to refute it. I don't have the desire, time, or inclination for that. Guys like you, Halfbright, herfacechair, etc. want to get into endless back and forths that accomplish nothing. If you remember, I've tried to civil discussions with your ilk. But that's not what you want. If you could pull your head out of the MSM's ass, you might learn something. But you won't. I gave you my opinion. I stand by it.

This is a diversion for me, not an occupation. You and Halfbright want me to spend the majority of my time refuting your apologetics for statism. I've got other things to do. So take it or leave it. If you think I'm an idiot, or disbelieve my credentials, so? I don't care. But if you guys continue to melt down and babble like idiots, I'm going to encourage it. That's funny, and that is why I'm here. The only reason I'm here.

There's a lot out there you could learn, if you'd look. You have to be discerning, too, because there's a lot of BS. But if you just take a look at Libya before Gaddafi was ousted, and then after, you'll know the official government line was bullshit. Many, if not most, official government lines are bullshit. And the media is complicit in spreading government propaganda. Our government is corrupt to the core, and the MSM runs interference for them. Look around. If common sense doesn't tell you that something is radically going wrong in this country, you are blind. The MSM keeps you sated with airhead programming, phony news stories, and consumerism. The real truth rarely makes it to the surface. I'm not going to do your work for you.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #26
lustylad
BANNED

Default COG Mimics Ekim the Chimp!

Quote:
You don't want a debate. I most certainly do. Try me. Are you scared? Or do you lack the courage of your “convictions”? What do you have to lose? If I don't debate in good faith, then you win! It won't matter what I post, LustyLardo, you'll find some MSM hack to refute it. No I won't. I prefer to make my points in my own words using my own logic. And if I do cite a link, MSM or otherwise, I'll be ready and willing to defend it against any points you care to make. I don't have the desire, time, or inclination for that. Is that why you have 26,750 posts on this board? Five times as many as I do? Guys like you, Halfbright, herfacechair, etc. want to get into endless back and forths that accomplish nothing. Every debate ends at some point. Even if it doesn't go well for you, at least you are left knowing the weaknesses in your own arguments. If you remember, I've tried to civil discussions with your ilk. What are you talking about? I haven't been uncivil with you at all. But that's not what you want. If I wanted to exchange insults rather than debate, I would have called you a name. I didn't. If you could pull your head out of the MSM's ass, you might learn something. But you won't. I'm ready to learn anytime you have the courage to back up your non-MSM views by answering my questions, professor. I gave you my opinion. No you didn't. You just posted a link. I stand by it. No you don't. Since you can't/won't explain or defend the link, you're basically throwing the author and HIS opinion under the bus.

This is a diversion for me, not an occupation. Is that why you have 26,750 posts here? You and Halfbright want me to spend the majority of my time refuting your apologetics for statism. ??? There you go again, spewing words you like the sound of but don't know what they mean. Wtf is "statism"? And what does it have to do with bombing Qaddafi? Libya now looks like a FAILED state to me. I've got other things to do. Late for class again, professor? So take it or leave it. You're the one who is "leaving" without being able to address a few simple questions. If you think I'm an idiot, or disbelieve my credentials, so? I don't care. But you'll prove it by continuing to post here without offering anything substantive. But if you guys continue to melt down and babble like idiots, I'm going to encourage it. Melt down? Babble? Those are YOUR tactics for avoiding serious discussion. That's funny, and that is why I'm here. The only reason I'm here. Then babble on, professor.

There's a lot out there you could learn, if you'd look. You have to be discerning, too, because there's a lot of BS. I opened your link and looked at it, found a lot of BS, explained why it is BS, and you can't/won't refute anything I said. But if you just take a look at Libya before Gaddafi was ousted, and then after, you'll know the official government line was bullshit. What "official government line" are you referring to? And when? Qaddafi was in power for 43 years. Many, if not most, official government lines are bullshit. And the media is complicit in spreading government propaganda. Our government is corrupt to the core, and the MSM runs interference for them. Look around. If common sense doesn't tell you that something is radically going wrong in this country, you are blind. The MSM keeps you sated with airhead programming, phony news stories, and consumerism. The real truth rarely makes it to the surface. That's why we rely on YOU to tell us the "real truth", professor. And you just flunked. Again. I graded you an "F". I'm not going to do your work for you. Translation: I don't even believe my own bullshit; if I did, I would stop being a coward and engage with you in a real debate.
Keep posting links you don't understand and can't/won't explain or defend, COG. That's what ekim the chimp does, and you are rapidly descending to his level!
Old 06-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #27
Texas Contrarian
BANNED

Default #Haight-Ashbury #Woodstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Keep posting links you don't understand and can't/won't explain or defend, COG. That's what ekim the chimp does, and you are rapidly descending to his level!
That's all he ever does. He did the same thing in all those FairTax threads. At no time did he show that he had made even the most rudimentary effort to understand the topic under discussion. He just dodged, deflected, or hurled insults whenever challenged to back up any of the bullshit in the links he posted. (But at least "ekim the chimp," as far as I know, never boasted that he taught a subject that he knows nothing about!)

To me, here's the funniest thing about the professor's bullshit link:

Just for fun, did anyone happen to glance at the "about us" page on that goofy website? Check out the first paragraph:

We are a community of artists and musicians, activists and healers, practitioners and seekers dedicated to contributing everything we possibly can to the massive shift in consciousness that is presently taking place on planet Earth. Our main focus is to raise awareness in regards to certain psychological, sociological and spiritual truths we have come to realize, ones we have experienced for ourselves throughout our personal lives and practice, but also to share what we as a community consider to be politically, socially and environmentally conscious artwork, music, movies, documentaries, books, poetry, quotes, videos and online articles. We also sometimes post recent scientific, technological and medical breakthroughs and discoveries, high level photography that inspires us, and funnies from time to time to keep it light.

(End of excerpt)

Far out, man!

#Haight-Ashbury #Woodstock

You know, I always considered artists' colonies and hippie communes to be great go-to sources for cutting-edge commentary on economics and international finance.

But, hey, at least that's not a "mainstream media" source!"

Right, professor?
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #28
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
To me, here's the funniest thing about the professor's bullshit link:

Just for fun, did anyone happen to glance at the "about us" page on that goofy website? Check out the first paragraph:

We are a community of artists and musicians, activists and healers, practitioners and seekers dedicated to contributing everything we possibly can to the massive shift in consciousness that is presently taking place on planet Earth. Our main focus is to raise awareness in regards to certain psychological, sociological and spiritual truths we have come to realize, ones we have experienced for ourselves throughout our personal lives and practice, but also to share what we as a community consider to be politically, socially and environmentally conscious artwork, music, movies, documentaries, books, poetry, quotes, videos and online articles. We also sometimes post recent scientific, technological and medical breakthroughs and discoveries, high level photography that inspires us, and funnies from time to time to keep it light.

(End of excerpt)

Far out, man!

#Haight-Ashbury #Woodstock

You know, I always considered artists' colonies and hippie communes to be great go-to sources for cutting-edge commentary on economics and international finance.

Daayyuumm! I missed that! Far fucking out, man!

Ya think it's the same Vermont hippie commune that expelled Bernie Sanders for being such a lazy, shiftless fuck back in the early '70s?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5120/s...s-hank-berrien

Peace and love, baby!

Hey, I think I tracked down a picture of the author! He definitely looks like a recognizable expert on international finance and foreign policy issues!

(Or is it COG with his new GF SassySue?)

Old 06-23-2016, 12:08 AM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Jesus, LustyLardo. Are and Halfbright lovers?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:21 AM   #30
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Jesus, LustyLardo. Are and Halfbright lovers?
Lame!

This thread isn't going well for you, is it professor? But I suppose that doesn't bother you, any more than SassySue's beard does! You're too caught up in planet Earth's "massive shift in consciousness" aintcha? Your future utopia will transcend dollars and dinars and pretending to know anything about economics or finance.

Peace out, you laughable phony libertarian Woodstock fossil!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women