Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Sex: Is it necessary?
Sex is only a WANT but I need it now Setty! 12 34.29%
Setty, Sex is a NEED that I dont want to live without! 23 65.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

Old 10-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #31
Anita Lay
BANNED

User ID: 95934
My ECCIE Reviews

EVERYONE IS WRONG.....
SEX MEANS PRODUCING LIFE FORM IN ORDER FOR THE WORLD TO EXIST.
Everyone here must practice the technique till they are ready to keep the world populated.
Can you imagine if there were only three people on this earth? Makes you really think
Old 10-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #32
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums View Post
Sex is not needed to continue YOUR life, no, but neither is CLEAN water, WARMED & COOLED shelter, or GOOD TASTING food. Now, try living without those...

Sex is not a NEED, true, but it does give you a greater quality of life, and isn't that what we all strive for?
Totally agree.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #33
Maggie McNeill
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 42516
My ECCIE Reviews

Those women who are saying sex isn't a need...have you ever spent any time with a man who isn't getting any? They eventually get totally sick in the head. Just because lack of sex does its damage slowly doesn't mean it isn't a need; lack of companionship usually kills very slowly, too, but we still consider companionship a need. And lack of some vitamins (such as vitamin K) won't kill, but eventually result in serious debilitation, yet we still call vitamins a need.

Death isn't the only bad outcome, y'all.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #34
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

It might be a need if you're weak minded and let your urges control you but I know plenty of men who are so self absorbed with their success/job, sex might happen once a month for them. They obviously focus on something else they think is more important...or they jack off to simply get a release.

If there is any thing on earth that controls you to the point of being "sick in the head" especially something like meaningless sex, that speaks for itself. It's not sex you need..it's therapy!I have several Aunts who are widowed and have made the choice to never be with another man...they are doing quite well living ife without that one thing.

I can see the longing for companionship and affection, but I am looking at the mere definition of what a need is...can't really argue with facts. According to that...sex is not a need.

I know many people who make the decision to never have sex until they are married, and some live a life of celibacy...have yet to attend a funeral in any of those cases. I think too many people try to convince themselves they need something just so they can do it and feel justified.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #35
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25

What is this.... superthread month.... this again...lol

Sex is not a need it is a want. You can argue it any way you want but the fact of the matter is that you do not need sex to live. As far as being happy, having a quality life, well that depends on you and what you allow to make you feel happy.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #36
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
It might be a need if you're weak minded and let your urges control you but I know plenty of men who are so self absorbed with their success/job, sex might happen once a month for them. They obviously focus on something else they think is more important...or they jack off to simply get a release.

If there is any thing on earth that controls you to the point of being "sick in the head" especially something like meaningless sex, that speaks for itself. It's not sex you need..it's therapy!I have several Aunts who are widowed and have made the choice to never be with another man...they are doing quite well living ife without that one thing.

I can see the longing for companionship and affection, but I am looking at the mere definition of what a need is...can't really argue with facts. According to that...sex is not a need.

I know many people who make the decision to never have sex until they are married, and some live a life of celibacy...have yet to attend a funeral in any of those cases. I think too many people try to convince themselves they need something just so they can do it and feel justified.
Exactly.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #37
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccie Addict View Post
What is this.... superthread month.... this again...lol

Sex is not a need it is a want. You can argue it any way you want but the fact of the matter is that you do not need sex to live. As far as being happy, having a quality life, well that depends on you and what you allow to make you feel happy.
LOL EA...
London's correct but I like fukn with her ...
But ....The human race must have sex to survive ..In effect, sex is nature’s way of saying, “Work together! Or Die!”
+ 1 for need again lol
Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #38
Biomech
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet N Little View Post
But ....The human race must have sex to survive
We better get together soon then, SnL... for the future of all mankind.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #39
geecue
Mod Squad

Encounters: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet N Little View Post
LOL EA...
London's correct but I like fukn with her ...
But ....The human race must have sex to survive ..In effect, sex is nature’s way of saying, “Work together! Or Die!”
+ 1 for need again lol
+1 Would be better with some than some others I would imagine.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #40
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Bingo EA. Claiming you "need" sex to be happy is no different than a drug addict or an alcoholic "being manipulated" into thinking they need that as well. It's all about what you allow to "control" your mind. So I guess in that sense, sex is a need for some but only because they have let their thoughts and urges control them.

When I was on a diet, I swore I needed Cheese Sticks lol. It really felt like I would die without great tasting food for too long...alas, I did not and lost 14 lbs. A "need" is something that can't really be disputed and affects everyone..not just a few. Water, air, and food are pretty much needed for ANYONE to survive...sex, only for some I guess.

I think you guys are also confusing "reproduction" with sex. They are not the same thing. If you only have sex for the purposes of making babies to continue the race, it's not the same as doing it for pleasure alone.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #41
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

True, but I will just say, A life without sex is not complete to me. Not that sex is needed for life, life is just better with it.
So there!! LOL

@ Bio...I think I "need" you lol
Old 10-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #42
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Hierarchy of Needs

Abraham Maslow who studied the human hierarchy of needs came up with a pyramid shape of those needs as posted by SNL previously.

According to his studies, sex is at the lowest rung of human needs.

However, I am not sure if Maslow factored age, but I think age matters a great deal in regards to the need for sex.

A human baby has absolutely no need for sex and the subject does not even cross his mind.

However, when a boy reaches puberty then sex starts to become very important.

. . . Then sex becomes a burning need and that fire devours you!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #43
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Abraham Maslow who studied the human hierarchy of needs came up with a pyramid shape of those needs as posted by SNL previously.

According to his studies, sex is at the lowest rung of human needs.

However, I am not sure if Maslow factored age, but I think age matters a great deal in regards to the need for sex.

A human baby has absolutely no need for sex and the subject does not even cross his mind.

However, when a boy reaches puberty then sex starts to become very important.

. . . Then sex becomes a burning desire/want and that fire devours you!
There..fixed that for ya lol. That urge for young boys is no different than our biological clock ticking when we think we "need" a baby. I always think I "need" sex the week before my period...same when I was pregnant. It was not a need though..it was a very strong desire and a WANT.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #44
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Definitions

Recreational Sex, which is what this board is all about, is certainly not a "need", unless you consider the women involved might starve if not for the steady income.

London has it right. There are many men who simply replace the "high" that non procreative sex offers for other avenues of enjoyment. Heck, most of everything we do is "for fun", the World would be a pretty boring place without all of the things we have invented simply to keep us occupied in a pleasant manner.

This is supposed to be fun. If it ceases to be fun, I will cease doing it. That is not a neccessity, nor a need. That is a want.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #45
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Damn...and that's coming from a MAN!
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women