Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70412
biomed160551
Yssup Rider59923
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47535
pyramider46370
bambino40319
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #31
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
FL's DLs don't expire even after 20 years? Must be all the retired folks in FL that got that law passed so they would look 45, and not 65 on the DL.
You have to renew them, but it can be done without getting a new picture.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #32
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
You have to renew them, but it can be done without getting a new picture.
Just out of curiosity, are these DLs going to meet REAL ID requirements? Don't think so...
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #33
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Well as usual, you are missing the point. The issue wasn't the quality of my DL, it was the fact that some idiot at TSA decreed after technology precisely identified me, some moron featherbedding geek had to recheck it -- thus proving that TSA is more about high paying government jobs than it is about safety of the public.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #34
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

My Pappy is a proud man. For years he claimed he was six feet tall. If anyone doubted him, he showed 'em his driver's license....

Well I turned sixteen & he took me to the DMV to get my license & the lady asked me how tall I was...I told her...then I told my Pappy, "Now I understand how you are six feet tall."

But its not so bad....the State of Georgia still believes I weigh 180 lbs.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #35
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

I agree that TSA is pure security theater!

About a year ago, I was at a small regional airport, Traverse City, MI. I was talking with the owner of the concession stand, as it was late, and they were bringing food through as we were getting off a flight that had landed very late. He admitted that they wait until TSA staff leaves the terminal area. They can then bring whatever they want through without any sort of search!?

I found it interesting that the terminal is not secured during the night when flights are not coming or going. What is to stop someone from planting a weapon inside the "secured area" when security is not present? It would then be easy to pass screening and pick up your weapon from the stashed location inside the secured area!

So, what does TSA really stand for. Perhaps, Terrifying Security Authority.
69er is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #36
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
But its not so bad....the State of Georgia still believes I weigh 180 lbs.
LOL
Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #37
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

You think of the Clear system as a toll road? The real toll road is private aviation. That's how you avoid all this airline shit, the airport shit, the TSA shit, etc. And once you've gotten used to it, going back to flying commercial is horribly painful. I received a refresher lesson just the other day when I bummed a ride somewhere on a colleagues airplane. Turned a day and a half 150 mile drive + 2.5 hour sit/fly/fuck with the rental car company ordeal/ turn around and do it all again, into a nice 45 minute flight, plenty of room, two newspaper for each passenger, fresh juice, fresh coffee, news magazines, etc. with a cab waiting on the tarmac to take us to our meeting breeze.
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #38
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Yup, private aviation beats the heck out of going commercial. But Clear did make flying commercial sooooooooooooooooo much easier.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #39
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Not to take a side on the competence of the TSA (who I happen to think are much more competent than the private contractors who preceded them), but here's a light note to add to the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_568229.html
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #40
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Not to take a side on the competence of the TSA (who I happen to think are much more competent than the private contractors who preceded them), but here's a light note to add to the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_568229.html
Yeah, I just read the story on cnn.com. Almost posted it as a separate thread.

Some here are going to be prouder than others walking through the body scanners.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #41
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

When my son was 3, I was taking a flight with him...he went through the metal scanner ahead of me, and he touch the sides of it with his hands...which caused it to go off...I asked him to 'come back through to mommy' but security stopped him, told me I needed to 'stay where I was' and they pulled him off to the side, and scanned him with a wand. Only after they were done was I allowed to step through the scanner myself and console my very upset and confused little boy.

I will never understand why they put us through that!
Tiffany Cums is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #42
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums View Post
When my son was 3, I was taking a flight with him...he went through the metal scanner ahead of me, and he touch the sides of it with his hands...which caused it to go off...I asked him to 'come back through to mommy' but security stopped him, told me I needed to 'stay where I was' and they pulled him off to the side, and scanned him with a wand. Only after they were done was I allowed to step through the scanner myself and console my very upset and confused little boy.

I will never understand why they put us through that!
Just some ideas:
  • They used to let people go through twice, but stopped b/c it held up the line.
  • I don't think they've ever let 2 people go through at the same time (except with infants). Protocol seems to be one at a time.
  • Since they don't let people go through twice, the second scan is withe the wand.
  • If you don't pass the wanding scan, you get taken to a room for a strip-search.
BTW, TSA is very short on giving explanations. They just tell you what to do in a fairly rude manner. It wouldn't take much to say, "I'll have to scan you with the wand because you set off the alarm," instead of, "stand here on the footprints and hold your hands out." IMHO, they need to say what they are doing and why. They could take a lesson in customer service.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #43
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Just some ideas:

.........They could take a lesson in customer service.
I don't want to sound like a defender of TSA's performance, but ya kinda get what ya pay for

They are low paying jobs & many of the people holding them are bone tired because this is their 2nd or 3rd job.

And some people you just can't please....if they were a little more chatty some people would tell them to STFU so they can get to their gate to catch their flight....
Old 05-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #44
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
I don't want to sound like a defender of TSA's performance, but ya kinda get what ya pay for

They are low paying jobs
Not exactly:

Starting salary for an entry level TSA screener ranges from $23,400 to $35,000 per year. TSA salary for a screening manager ranges from $44,000 to $68,000 per year.

Considering they require about zero education/training, I'd say that pay isn't bad. And then there are all of the government bennies and job security -- much more than private industry.

This is a jobs program. It has little to do with real security.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #45
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Not exactly:

Starting salary for an entry level TSA screener ranges from $23,400 to $35,000 per year. TSA salary for a screening manager ranges from $44,000 to $68,000 per year.

Considering they require about zero education/training, I'd say that pay isn't bad. And then there are all of the government bennies and job security -- much more than private industry.

This is a jobs program. It has little to do with real security.
I was basing my comment on an ad I saw a while back offering $11/hour (and of course "no experience necessary, will train") so that roughly ties to your low end.

As far as job security, they've had layoffs (although of course the AFGE fought them)

I'm really not sure what the techincal definitions are for poverty, being middle class or rich are these days and I'm sure as far as buying power goes vary greatly by location but I'd consider the screener wages "low paying" & the managerial jobs decent, middle class jobs.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women