Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70394
biomed160366
Yssup Rider59873
gman4452886
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47450
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37068
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35221
Mojojo33117

Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
jerrymaxx
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5
Default emails as evidence or used to bust you

how likely are email to be used to arrest someone for solicitation or to be used against you. how does this work....
jerrymaxx is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 16998
My ECCIE Reviews

that totally depends on the email. This is why we ladies hit "delete" button as soon as we read something that could be used as incriminating evidence.

General rule of thumb - whenever you send anything electronically, type from POV that one day it may be read by unintended party.

Lina
ForumPoster is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
houtex06
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

Depends on what is in the email. As with all things in the hobby, discretion is always the best policy. I only use the phone and email to arrange dates.
houtex06 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymaxx View Post
how likely are email to be used to arrest someone for solicitation or to be used against you. how does this work....
No offense, but your question is so vague I'd be surprised if you got any useful answers. (btw, an answer that says "It depends on what the email says" may be true, but, in my opinion, it's also useless.) I think you're more likely to get a meaningful answer if you gave us some details of the circumstances.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymaxx View Post
Not so easy. It has first to be proofed that the email are written by you. And you use that account. That happens mostly, if you admit it personally. Of course that is not the only method of verification, but using emails as proof is not as easy as it sounds. Specially if you use anonymous accounts such as google, yahoo, hotmail and whatnot. Even if its proofed that your computer is used for the email, it`s still not sufficient proof you did write these mails.
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex06 View Post
Depends on what is in the email. As with all things in the hobby, discretion is always the best policy. I only use the phone and email to arrange dates.
that is a contradiction by itself ;-). emails and phones are per se not very discreet. What is out there is out there. I have not heard that emails ever "really" get deleted. Best are code words and not anything that leads to incriminating evidence, but no one rarely does it.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
jerrymaxx
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

i have used my email to communicate with some people I am looking to hire for amateur modeling. pretty much as a rule I don't discuss anything sexual and $$. i also find amateur models for websites and they pay me $$... I can only think that i was telling her some options on what she could make if she did a video.. then i received a message from a boyfriend that read "The emails I saw are explicitly illegal including nude photos, dates, places and money for sexual acts." and also "Like solicit women? I saw the messages u sent me girl, straight up prostitution, I got the emails u sent her its in black and white, just gonna report y'all is all, she's no longer part of ur illegal scheme ". i don't recall sending anything explicit, thats not my game.... it may be dumb but I don't want them to come kicking my door in and confiscate my computer, take me to jail and all the stuff..... i sure hope my mind is so over reacting.....
jerrymaxx is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

I've written quite a few times regarding what constitutes the crime of 'prostitution' under Texas law. One of those threads is stickied at the top of this forum. You might read it to better understand what the state has to prove for you to be found guilty of prostitution. From the facts you give, I don't think you can be because you didn't make an offer to engage in sex for money.

Also, from a practical standpoint, I think it's highly unlikely that the police will go to all the trouble to make a case against you based on emails, especially when it would probably be very difficult to prove the emails are authentic and that you wrote them. It's just not a real-world scenario to think the cops in New Braunfels (where there is much more of a laissez-faire philosophy than in other parts of Texas) would send a SWAT team out on a Class B misdemeanor without a complaining witness. Sure, cops make busts for prostitution every day, but nearly all of them are for street activity or the result of undercover stings.

Finally, you might read this thread:

"Can a review be used as evidence in a prostitution case?"

The analysis in that thread isn't EXACTLY on point, but most of it is.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

imho... the person who intercepted someone else's mail, and then sent you confirmation:

then i received a message from a boyfriend that read

"The emails I saw are explicitly illegal including nude photos, dates, places and money for sexual acts." and also "Like solicit women? I saw the messages u sent me girl, straight up prostitution, I got the emails u sent her its in black and white, just gonna report y'all is all, she's no longer part of ur illegal scheme ".

quite likely has broken at least one or two federal and state laws regarding hacking and threatening....

Just my two cents on the above.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

pfffff, harmless threats. I wouldn`t be taking that seriously. He is a pissed BF. I am sure he would not do his GF harm.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
straightshooter30
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post
imho... the person who intercepted someone else's mail, and then sent you confirmation:

then i received a message from a boyfriend that read

"The emails I saw are explicitly illegal including nude photos, dates, places and money for sexual acts." and also "Like solicit women? I saw the messages u sent me girl, straight up prostitution, I got the emails u sent her its in black and white, just gonna report y'all is all, she's no longer part of ur illegal scheme ".

quite likely has broken at least one or two federal and state laws regarding hacking and threatening....

Just my two cents on the above.
It is not illegal to photograph nude models, provided they are legal age. Model releases and 2257s should be signed by the model. (Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, and have no experience photographing in TX...)
straightshooter30 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women