Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Contraband Cupcakes

Some time ago, I started a thread on cupcakes just to prove that some on here will oppose anything. I never expected cupcakes to become controversial. But here we go:

School confiscates third-grader’s cupcakes topped with toy soldiers

In the latest incident of anti-gun hysteria to erupt in a school setting, officials at an elementary school in small-town Michigan impounded a third-grader boy’s batch of 30 homemade birthday cupcakes because they were adorned with green plastic figurines representing World War Two soldiers.

The school principal branded the military-themed cupcakes “insensitive” in light of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, reports Fox News Radio.

“It disgusted me,” Casey Fountain, the boy’s father, told Fox News. “It’s vile they lump true American heroes with psychopathic killers.”

Fountain explained that his wife had made the cupcakes. His son, Hunter, helped decorate them. The following morning, Fountain’s wife brought the taboo treats to the school’s front office, where the secretary reportedly remarked favorably on their appearance.

“About 15 minutes later the school called my wife and told her they couldn’t serve the cupcakes because the soldiers had guns,” Fountain told Fox News. “My wife told them to remove the soldiers and serve the cupcakes anyway — and I believe she may have used more colorful language.”

“We’re just taking political correctness too far,” the angry father added.
In a statement to local media, Schall Elementary School principal Susan Wright Susan Wright doubled down on her school’s bold stand against little green men that represent American soldiers.

“These are toys that were commonplace in the past,” Wright said. “However, some parents prohibit all guns as toys. In light of that difference, the school offered to replace the soldiers with another item and the soldiers were returned home with the student.”

“Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,” the principal also said. “In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere.”

This incident is the latest in a growing line of apparent overreactions by school officials to things students have brought to school — or talked about bringing to school, or eaten at school — that are not anything like real guns.
At Genoa-Kingston Middle School in northeast Illinois, a teacher threatened an eighth-grader with suspension if he did not remove his t-shirt emblazoned with the interlocking rifles insignia of the United States Marines. (RELATED: Junior high teacher tells kid to remove Marines t-shirt or get suspended)
At Park Elementary School in Baltimore, Maryland, a student was suspended for two days because his teacher thought he shaped a strawberry, pre-baked toaster pastry into something resembling a gun. (RELATED: Second-grader suspended for having breakfast pastry shaped like a gun)

At Poston Butte High School in Arizona, a high school freshman was suspended for setting a picture of a gun as the desktop background on his school-issued computer. (RELATED: Freshman suspended for picture of gun)
At D. Newlin Fell School in Philadelphia, school officials reportedly yelled at a student and then searched her in front of her class after she was found with a paper gun her grandfather had made for her. (RELATED: Paper gun causes panic)

In rural Pennsylvania, a kindergarten girl was suspended for making a “terroristic threat” after she told another girl that she planned to shoot her with a pink Hello Kitty toy gun that bombards targets with soapy bubbles.
At Roscoe R. Nix Elementary School in Maryland, a six-year-old boy was suspended for making the universal kid sign for a gun, pointing at another student and saying “pow.” That boy’s suspension was later lifted and his name cleared.

The world is becoming bizarre.

http://news.yahoo.com/school-confisc...215018982.html
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Republican Michigan...

LMAO @ Whiny! One of three hit the mark. Your batting average is unusually high tonight!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I have also read about a ROTC student who had her participation in a yearbook project yanked because she had a picture of her standing next to an artillery piece. This gave the honor student a failing grade in that project.

So why don't the people rise up locally and fire these petty tyrants and fools?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Go ahead, BarleySwine!

And while you're at it, fire all those assholes who preach the Bible In class too.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Who here didn't have a tin can full of these growing up?

Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Not COG he had Barbies.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
Sandsailor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

We used to set'em up in opposing combat positions and shoot each others' toy soldiers with BB guns. Eventually we started setting the plastic armored vehicles on fire for more dramatic effect; and that was the tame stuff.
Sandsailor is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Who here didn't have a tin can full of these growing up?

. . . or like these!

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
. . . or like these!

Actually, Corpy's mommy was looking under his bed for Playboys and found a whole box of these...

Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Actually, Corpy's mommy was looking under his bed for Playboys and found a whole box of these...

Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Not COG he had Barbies.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

And THESE!

You need to post quicker, Corpy!

this is way too much fun!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
And THESE!

Assup the jackass, the turd-tongued, shit-for-brains golem: the animated amalgamation of shit and piss – the product of pure, unadulterated trailer-park, cesspool-scat – posted still another one of his factually vacuous brain-farts.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
And THESE!

DANCE LITTLE PUPPET!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
DANCE LITTLE PUPPET!
Assup the jackass, the turd-tongued, shit-for-brains golem: the animated amalgamation of shit and piss – the product of pure, unadulterated trailer-park, cesspool-scat – posted still another one of his factually vacuous brain-farts. Float, you animated piece of shit! Float!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women