Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40283
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
CJOHN
BANNED

Now my Mac is having problem
CJOHN is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
jframe2
Valued Poster

I do not want cast a shadow on Eccie, but this virus is known to go after servers first and then disperses outbound when people sign in.

Here is what AVG Threatlabs says-
http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthre...kit-detection/

Everyone should update their Virus Protection immediately.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedX79 View Post
lol......windows users.
giggle... linux laughs at virus's
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

I was also seeing these issues earlier, and as of now, things seem to be working fine. I'm no longer seeing any issues. Hopefully it has been taken care of by the ECCIE technorati.
69er is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #20
ez2plz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Both my Malwarebytes and F-Secure antivirus protection picked this up when it tried to install. The feedback I got from the programs is that it was the Trojan Spy Eyes which can do bad things to you. The AV software quarantined the spyware files which allowed me to delete them. I then did a system restore to a week ago just to make sure. This happened to me about noon. I left the site alone for the rest of the day and just now got on without any issues. Hopefully it is fixed.
ez2plz is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
Paven
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3790
My ECCIE Reviews

I am getting "This may be an attack page" on mine, I clicked on ignore the message and it brings me here and I clicked on "not an attack page" at the top. Hope that was ok to do since it's the only way I can get on here. Yet when I click on any forum or thread "This may be an attack page" shows up again. This just started happening to be about 2 hours ago.
Paven is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #22
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Because of the virus that was on the site earlier today this site has been reported to Google as an attack site. Once the site is scanned and verified that the virus is gone Google will remove the report and that message will no longer appear.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
GentlemanCaller007
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
Exclamation Nature of the virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky21a View Post
This is not the first time hackers hack into the banner adds on the site... I advise getting ad blocker plus and just blocking all adds on this site.. all the time... Unless the owners get professional about security around here
Sorry to hear people were still having issues. I was and then I wasn't. I wonder if you were picking up a "fresh image" of the page (or running the old one that had the virus)...

1) The nature of the virus from what I saw was a Java applet that was trying to run on my PC. Norton blocked it. Virus averted. So, as long as that piece of evil Sh*t didn't run. I believe you are ok and nothing really happened.

For me at 9:21p - eccie is bevahing the same way it did in days past before the attack.

2) Getting an Add blocker like lucky21a suggested is a HORRIBLE idea. If we all blocked all adds, eccie would no longer be able to operate off its add revenue and would no longer be able to be offered for free. Instead we'd be paying $30 a month or more for it. I'd rather buy an annual subscription to Norton and be safe on all sites I visit. Furthermore, blocking adds doesn't make you safe from all viruses.

It is not the presence of adds that hurts your computer. It's some dumb F*ck who decides to attack a community. If it's not through a trojan add, it will be through some file attachment. They will always find a way. That is why Norton, Kaspersky and others are CONSTANTLY having to code new protection.

3) Most of us today HAVE good Anti-virus software that is up to date on its definitions. THAT is the REAL SOLUTION.
GentlemanCaller007 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #24
lucky21a
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanCaller007 View Post
Sorry to hear people were still having issues. I was and then I wasn't. I wonder if you were picking up a "fresh image" of the page (or running the old one that had the virus)...

1) The nature of the virus from what I saw was a Java applet that was trying to run on my PC. Norton blocked it. Virus averted. So, as long as that piece of evil Sh*t didn't run. I believe you are ok and nothing really happened.

For me at 9:21p - eccie is bevahing the same way it did in days past before the attack.

2) Getting an Add blocker like lucky21a suggested is a HORRIBLE idea. If we all blocked all adds, eccie would no longer be able to operate off its add revenue and would no longer be able to be offered for free. Instead we'd be paying $30 a month or more for it. I'd rather buy an annual subscription to Norton and be safe on all sites I visit. Furthermore, blocking adds doesn't make you safe from all viruses.

It is not the presence of adds that hurts your computer. It's some dumb F*ck who decides to attack a community. If it's not through a trojan add, it will be through some file attachment. They will always find a way. That is why Norton, Kaspersky and others are CONSTANTLY having to code new protection.

3) Most of us today HAVE good Anti-virus software that is up to date on its definitions. THAT is the REAL SOLUTION.
Boo Freekin Hoo Then they need to have better anti virus protection on their severs. This is probably the fourth or fifth time I can remember this happening. I am a member of several other high traffic free sights that run banner adds(Ever heard of two plus Two Poker forums) and have never recalled such things happening in a time period of ten years... So Booo Freaking Hoo. IF they loose ad revenue because they don't want to spend to prevent this and protect their customers. Oh freeking Well, such is the free market Mean while I suggest you get Add Blocker Plus to just Block all the Java Based adds on this site. Its your computer and your data... isn't it...?
lucky21a is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #25
strimpboi
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Who the hell hasn't disabled javascript on their browser these days?
strimpboi is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
wubians
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Yea... I'm getting this and I cant click the ignore button... its unclickable, lol

"This web page at www.eccie.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences."
wubians is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #27
Copierguy0
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 31
Default People, Please STOP saying it is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
We are working on the issue at this time and will resolve it as soon as possible.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
Because of the virus that was on the site earlier today this site has been reported to Google as an attack site. Once the site is scanned and verified that the virus is gone Google will remove the report and that message will no longer appear.
People STOP saying it is fixed just because your computer APPEARS to be ok for a couple of hours. It is NOT fixed yet and like Mokoa said, once the site is scanned and verified that the virus is GONE, the threat is still here. as of 3:03AM NOTHING has changed since yesterday morning. I am still getting attacks, reports & Blocks from Kaspersky, and my media player is still popping up with malware attacks. NOTHING has changed & NOTHING is fixed yet. so just keep blocking YOUR computer from these attacks until Eccie fixes it, with your anti-virus software. It APPEARS that everytime you Log in, change threads, surf, or refresh is when these attacks occur. CHAT Appears to be unaffected as far as i can tell.

CG
Copierguy0 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #28
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

I had no problems all day until 4am, now I get the cookies warning every time I click on Austin forum headers!!!!
Weird it's happening on every header , in every forum , except this thread !!!!

Probably the Government or Law Enforcement trying to put an end to our Party!!!!
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #29
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

So, is the compiter VD gone?
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #30
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

As of 6:23 AM CT, the malware error messages are still happening.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women