Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 10-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
RedPlains
Registered Member

Default What's the best iPhone app for secret texting?

I'm a new member here, so I hope this is the right place for this post.

I'm trying to figure out the best solution for carrying on secret texting with my mistress on my iPhone. The most important criteria are:

(A) I need to know the texting won't show up on my cell phone activity records (AT&T).

(B) I'd prefer to find a disquised app, so if my wife looks through the apps on my phone, it doesn't look like an obvious alternative texting app.

I've tried using a covert pre-paid phone, but I've found that's just too dangerous of a way to go about it, and carrying around two phones just isn't practical.

I'd appreciate words of experience. Advice?
RedPlains is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Welcome Redplains to Eccie, I think most will advise you that the best route to go is a hobby phone, I know you said it wasn't practical to have two but it is smart (your smart phone will get you into trouble)
You might try asking in the technical forum, the guys/gals there are really helpful--
but I did want to welcome you
Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Tangled Web

. . . Oh, what a tangled web we weave!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
RedPlains
Registered Member

Thanks, Sweet. I've already had a few close calls with discovery of my "hobby phone" ... so it's clear to me it would only be a matter of time before my wife discovered it. If I were just using it for hobby purposes, that would be a different matter, because I would need to carry it only when arranging meetings as a hobbyist. But staying in touch with my girlfriend requires me to carry it with me much more often. It's just too dangerous ... like carrying a hand grenade.
RedPlains is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Good gawd. Some fucktards are suicidal. Just give your wife everything and leave. Why wait for her to find out?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Good gawd. Some fucktards are suicidal. Just give your wife everything and leave. Why wait for her to find out?
oh be nice Pyramider...lol not everyone knows the ropes
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Suspense

What?

And ruin the suspense?

. . . Who knows what minor, but incriminating clue will be discovered in the middle of the night?

. . . deep sinister music plays in the background as a door creaks open slowly revealing a shadowy figure entering in the dead of night with grim determination and what is that in her hand! . . (gasp!)

Quote:
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
. . . Oh, what a tangled web we weave!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
What?

And ruin the suspense?

. . . Who knows what minor, but incriminating clue will be discovered in the middle of the night?

. . . deep sinister music plays in the background as a door creaks open slowly revealing a shadowy figure entering in the dead of night with grim determination and what is that in her hand! . . (gasp!)
And just how do any of these help the OP with his question?
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
Wicket
Lifetime Premium Access

Hmmm.... The OP has a wife, a girlfriend, and he wants to hobby. WOW
Wicket is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
Toose
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

As others have pointed out, hobby phone FTW. If you just cant manage two phones, drop all details on your cell bill (phone numbers in particular), your bill should then only show the total minutes and text data used each month. This is a simple request to your cell provider but unfortunately this doesn't do you any good if you forget delete your calls and text messages on your phone and/or your SO will notice the details of the bill missing. I'd find any means possible to switch to a throwdown phone.
Toose is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
CarolinaGent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Not speaking from experience here, cause I'm single, but I would say a prepaid hobby phone would be the safer way to handle things. Any app or google voice etc would leave traces that could be discovered just as easy as a separate phone, maybe easier if she was suspicious and was looking for clues.
CarolinaGent is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
Hmmm.... The OP has a wife, a girlfriend, and he wants to hobby. WOW
What can you say -- the guy's horny.

I agree that having two phones is a real problem. I've never understood how it's easier to explain two phones than a few stray calls. One thing that I do is have all phone bills (and all bills of all kinds, for that matter) sent to the office. I own my own business and bills are paid there anyway, so that doesn't look suspicious in my case. The other key is don't get married. Cohabitate. It makes things so much easier, especially if you are the one making all the money. Of course, if you have kids, that sort of gives her a hammer, but c'est la vie.

But if there are iPhone apps that help cover your tracks, I would be interested in knowing about those.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

he took the question to tech..http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...80#post1712980

textush, someone said there's always an app to undo/read it no matter what
Old 10-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
Guest020312-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 86457
My ECCIE Reviews

As a provider I have 2 phones as well. For me it's simple to hide it though.. when I am away from "work" I just leave my phone in a cluttered pile with the rest of all my old phones I no longer use. Also, he knows if he snoops through my stuff I am gone lol.

One time I was texting about an overnighter and said I am so excited to hold your nice body.. he was like who is that? I flipped it on him and he ended up buying me new shoes.. My suggestion, be a boss. Let em know don't mess with your stuff.

If you can't be a boss.. seeing as you're the guy in the relationshit lol.. put your hobby phone in a secret place or change your passcode daily.
Guest020312-2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

I think it's redundant to have a second hobby phone when there's google voice and www.vumber.com. Simple. Problem solved.
Naomi4u is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women