Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arizona > Coed Discussions - Arizona
Coed Discussions - Arizona Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47566
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
davephx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Default Update on Declaratory Lawsuit Challenging the Prostitution Law

Update on Declaratory Lawsuit Challenging the Prostitution Law

The ESPLERP action challenging the prostitution law on Constitutional grounds is in Federal Court.

Erotic Service Providers Legal, Education and Research Project (ESPLERP), is a non-profit, a diverse community-based group of erotic service providers and community members who are working towards empowerment by advancing sexual privacy rights.

Summary of filings and Court Orders:

On March 11, 2015 the two attorneys from Ohio (Sirkin and O'Connor) were granted "Pro Hac Vice." This means in English, that a lawyer who has not been admitted to practice in a certain jurisdiction but is allowed to participate in a particular case in that jurisdiction. i.e. the attorney's are members of the Ohio bar but not California where the case is being tried at the Northern California Federal District Court.

Whoever loses the case will probably appeal to the 9th Circuit that includes Arizona and many other Western States.

On 4/13/2015, All the parties waived service (of a summons). Answers by the Defendants (District Attorney San Francisco, three other County District Attorney's and the Attorney General for the State of California) are due 5/12/2015. (later vacated see further orders below)

The Defendants are filing a motion to dismiss (even before they answer) under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6) to dismiss for failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted.

The purpose of this rule includes where answering the complaint and preparing affirmative defenses would be a substantial undertaking. The theory is to dismiss a complaint that is so lacking in merit that no answer is necessary.

The motion to dismiss was filed after the Answer date of 5/12/2015 was set (extended from the usual 20-day requirement to file). The motion stops the clock on the answer filing date, pursuant to FRCP 12(a)(4).

Successful motions to dismiss a complaint are a rarity, more the subject of law school civil procedure classes than actual practice. A reason is the modern doctrine mandating liberal pleadings standards. In effect, this means that courts will look not so much at the artfulness in the drafting of the complaint as much as the substance of the purported claim. The courts have a general policy of determining actions on the merits if the claim is fundamentally meritorious and only had technical deficiencies.

I note the attorneys are very experienced in these types of Complaints so hopefully the motion to dismiss will fail.

On 4/20/2015 an order was issued vacating the answer date and setting date to file opposition to the motion to dismiss 6/8/2015, Reply by Plaintiffs by 6/23/2015 and a Motion Hearing set for 8/27/2015 at 9AM in Courtroom 5 Federal Court House in Oakland before Hon Judge JSW.

If ESPLER can defeat the motion, the case will go on to the answer and discovery phase that could take a long time with other various motions to suppress, etc. likely by the State.

Funds are needed for the legal fees. Maxine has been organizing this effort for years. She even came to my home in Phoenix for a meeting of local sexworkers. She has been outspoken in the media supporting the reversal of erotic provider laws for in private consenting adults and needs everyone's support that can be given at https://liberatetoemancipate.tilt.co...tetoemancipate

Unlike the rest of us that keep preaching and writing articles, Maxine has done something about it by organizing and filing this lawsuit.

As Maxine says, "For those who keep saying that the justice systems mistreatment of sex workers isn't right, its your chance to make a contribution and help us take this landmark step by making a tax deductible anonymous donation." (They are a 501c3 non-profit educational foundation.)

ESPLER website with information: http://esplerp.org

On the Phoenix Private List forum, I have my summary of the case and the basis for the complaint as I view it. The filed Complaint that is one of the best I have ever seen on the legal issues is an attachment at http://phxlist.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4158

The forum is the public highlights from the much larger Phoenix Private List that is sent by e-mail to about 350 companions and erotic service providers on legal and industry issues. It is free and part of the Liberated Christians, Inc outreach (libchrist.com), a non-profit corporation. We are not seeking any donations related to this cause other than to support ESPLERP. I am not an attorney and do not provide any legal advice. I just monitor and have been outspoken on many cases and legal issues I have followed and advocated for over a decade for the issues of consenting adults, as private, erotic service providers and their customers.
davephx is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women