Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59978
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 01-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default SAY IT AIN'T SO, DEREK !

POSTED ON JANUARY 26, 2013 BY JOHN HINDERAKER at Powerlineblog.com
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...t-so-derek.php

"My wife, who is a big Derek Jeter fan, will be disappointed to see this:
Derek Jeter interrupted his rehab work on his surgically repaired left ankle to rub shoulders with the world’s most powerful at the Davos Economic Forum. Jeter — invited by Pepsi — said he hopes climate change would be discussed: “I was in New York for Hurricane Sandy . . . It’s something that needs to be addressed because we’re seeing more and more natural disasters each year, it seems like. Something has to be causing it.”
Derek Jeter at Davos: another sign of the celebrity-ization of everything. Someone needs to explain to Derek that hurricane activity has declined to a 30-year low. Other forms of extreme weather like tornadoes are down, too.

Here is an interesting question: why doesn’t anyone ever say that human activity, like emitting CO2, is causing a decline in extreme weather events? Why doesn’t the logic of “something has to be causing it” apply? If extreme weather events are declining in number, is that an argument for burning more fossil fuels in hopes of suppressing them further? If not, why not?

Discuss."
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

Here is an interesting question: why doesn’t anyone ever say that human activity, like emitting CO2, is causing a decline in extreme weather events? Why doesn’t the logic of “something has to be causing it” apply? If extreme weather events are declining in number, is that an argument for burning more fossil fuels in hopes of suppressing them further? If not, why not?

Discuss."

Here is another interesting question.

Why are folks willing to spend trillions of dollars to protect themselves from terrorist when the chance of them being killed by lightening is greater?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Good question WTF; any answers ?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

the ball is in your court LL.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
the ball is in your court LL.

Please don't bother LL.

He is currently "tied up." He has been busy "pandering" to his guys!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

another dumbass jock.
I suppose global warming caused the 1900 hurricane in Galveston.

Stop the volcanoes of Iceland, they will destroy the earth!
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
another dumbass jock.
I suppose global warming caused the 1900 hurricane in Galveston.

Stop the volcanoes of Iceland, they will destroy the earth!
The climate change hoax is just an excuse to form a world government. If you believe that humans are causing the Earth to warm and the result is going to be catastrophic, then you have to believe the problem has to be dealt with on a global scale; that means a world government.

One world government has been the communists goal from day one.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...e-catastrophe/
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I was in a hurry.

Did he mention Palin, Beck, Limbaugh?

If he didn't I'm sure he meant to.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/14/ice_age/

There wern't that many SUV's back in the 1700's.

Global cooling, no wait, global warming, no wait, climate change, is nothing more than a big hoax, (ie, money grab).
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The climate change hoax is just an excuse to form a world government. If you believe that humans are causing the Earth to warm and the result is going to be catastrophic, then you have to believe the problem has to be dealt with on a global scale; that means a world government.

If you don't believe humans have contributed to the warming you have your head in the sand.Large cities absorb heat and is always warmer than the outskirts.Carbon monoxide is another.They are not the main as climate changes over time.Deforestation is another.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

Discuss."
Maybe because the numbers don't seem to support the reality you would like to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_hurricane_season#Numb er_of_tropical_storms_and_hurr icanes_per_season

Sure looks like the last 20 years have been the MOST active 20 year period going back to 1850.

It doesn't take TOO open a mind to actually see the trend. For example: from 1860 through 1989, no year had more than 12 hurricanes in any year, and only 9 times in 130 years were there 10 or more in one year.

From 1990 through 2012, 5 years out of 23 have been 10+, with a peak of 15 hurricanes. The most active storm season--and the most active major (Cat 4+) storms were both in the 1990+ period.

Mayby that's why most sane people don't argue that we are seeing fewer storms--because it isn't true.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post

You truly are a blithering idiot at times.

We hve been able to do many things as a collective human race without a world government. The only time you need that is if you believe 100% conformity is needed to achieve anything. It is small, simple minds who see only "YES" or NO", "ALL or NOTHING", "BLACK or WHITE" with no shades of gray. The vast majority of the universe is gray, and while it often takes a while, natural selection does eventually remove most the morons.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The last 200 years is not anywhere near long enough to determine a climate cycle. For all we know, this could be normal. Climate cycles take thousands of years to develop. The earth is quite old, and has been through this before. We didn't create, we can't stop it. But is useful for those who want more government control over our lives. As Rahm Emanuel said, "Never let a crisis (real or imagined) go to waste."
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
Old-T
Valued Poster

It may well be part of the normal cycle that has been going on for a really long time. That is not the point. The point is--reagrdless of whether it is 100% "natural", 50%, or 0%, ignoring it is probably not a good idea.

If people want to discuss what to do, or what the causes (can't believe it is only one) are, that is fair space for differing opinions. But for someone to blindly ignore data just to support a political piece of trash seems a bit wrong to me. And unlike some other posters on here who I often think are misguided, I suspect (can't prove) Whirly intentionally ignored reality because it didn't fit his point of view. Open minded and honest do not seem his strong points.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

30 years ago, these same scientists were warning of a coming ice age. Now it is warming. The fact is, the earth will do what it will. We have little or no effect on it. And all the government control the world wants to muster will not change it.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women