Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default How Will SCOTUS Rule on Obamacare?

The opinion will be delivered next week. Here are some pundits expressing their opinion.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/06/2...-rule-on-obama

What do you think? I have already said I think the law will be overturned in full on a 6-3 vote. Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy and Sotomayor in the majority, and Ginsburg, Breyer and Kagan in the minority.

What say you?

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

only portions will be ruled against and that will cripple the bill to a point of no return
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

If the mandate is struck down the core of the bill is unsupportable. Congress would have to repeal the bill and start over.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Don't bet on that happening....many GOP are afraid to legislate away pres existing conditions, 26 yo coverages, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
If the mandate is struck down the core of the bill is unsupportable. Congress would have to repeal the bill and start over.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Lot of opinions are that they will strike it down.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Don't bet on that happening....many GOP are afraid to legislate away pres existing conditions, 26 yo coverages, etc.
The 26 year old provision is a non issue. As long as the insurance companies can price for it there is not a problem. Pre-existing condition coverage for adults is financially unsustainable. There is no way a company could price affordable policies with that provision.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

My guess is they'll overturn it completely, probably 5-4. I listened to the audio of the supremes responding to the arguments for and against Obamacare. It sure sounded like the majority don't believe the commerce clause can be stretched far enough to cover it. Kennedy is supposed to be the swing vote and he sounded just as hostile to it as Scalia.

A lot of political strategists think a complete loss will help Obama in the presidential election. They feel like it will engergize his base and help get out the vote. If it's upheld, they think it will help Romney and the Republican house and senate races.

I'd be willing to bet Obama has been told which way the ruling went weeks ago. Kagan is such sycophant for Obama, there's no way she didn't tell him. The way she fawns over him, she almost seems like she's not a lesbian, almost.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

All true, but meaningless whenvit comes to politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
The 26 year old provision is a non issue. As long as the insurance companies can price for it there is not a problem. Pre-existing condition coverage for adults is financially unsustainable. There is no way a company could price affordable policies with that provision.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

It was a noble solution that got hijacked and turned into a shitty bill. So it really does not matter if we get stuck with the old shitty system or the new one.

That is how I see it.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It was a noble solution that got hijacked and turned into a shitty bill. So it really does not matter if we get stuck with the old shitty system or the new one.

That is how I see it.
I can agree it was a noble idea that went horribly wrong. I can't agree that it does not matter if it is left in place. The shitty old system is far better than Obamacare even if it is far from good.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Obama's arrogance (fed by Pelosi-Reid) doomed the bill from the beginning; national health insurance has been the left's wet dream for decades, they saw an opportunity to force it on us and it backfired.

Obama is still paying the political price for legislation that reached farther than the public wanted.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Obama's arrogance (fed by Pelosi-Reid) doomed the bill from the beginning; national health insurance has been the left's wet dream for decades, they saw an opportunity to force it on us and it backfired.

Obama is still paying the political price for legislation that reached farther than the public wanted.
Obamacare is uniquely bad. Not only is it unconstitutional, it's also unpopular. Usually, when the Dimo's pass unconstitutional legislation, it's because they're pandering to constituents, eager to loot the treasury. In this case, the Dimo's forced legislation on the people, and at the same time wiped their ass with the Constitution. I hope the Supremes cowboy up.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
These parts of the Act should be kept. They should be able to pass a bill into law that allows these very important and basic rights in a week then deal with nuts and bolts of passing universal medical care that is fair and not a tax on the poor.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women