Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
sandybridge
Registered Member

Default Prism NSA data collection

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ion-documents/ to sum up its a surveillance program.

This and the fact wireless carriers seem no better. Absolutely insane. I am sure they got bigger fish to fry but if they wanna get ya guess they are gonna get ya.
sandybridge is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Coupe
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

It wasn't that long ago that security mean protection from hakerz. Now it means protection from those who want to protect us. Welcome to Amerika.
Coupe is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
sandybridge
Registered Member

Update http://www.washingtonpost.com/invest...497_story.html

They can deny all they want, but its pretty damning.

"Firsthand experience with these systems, and horror at their capabilities, is what drove a career intelligence officer to provide PowerPoint slides about PRISM and supporting materials to The Washington Post in order to expose what he believes to be a gross intrusion on privacy. “They quite literally can watch your ideas form as you type,” the officer said."

Apart from anything else this is an absolute outrage !
Old 06-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
sandybridge
Registered Member

If its not clear totally clear to you

"extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs"

"NSA extracts what it wants, according to the document: “Collection directly from the servers of these U.S. Service Providers: Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.”

"Even when the system works just as advertised, with no American singled out for targeting, the NSA routinely collects a great deal of American content. That is described as “incidental,” and it is inherent in contact chaining, one of the basic tools of the trade. To collect on a suspected spy or foreign terrorist means, at minimum, that everyone in the suspect’s inbox or outbox is swept in. Intelligence analysts are typically taught to chain through contacts two “hops” out from their target, which increases “incidental collection” exponentially. The same math explains the aphorism, from the John Guare play, that no one is more than “six degrees of separation” from any other person."

All your shit belongs to them. Please read articles entirety.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
Coupe
Gaining Momentum

People have no idea. Everyone should have a plan to go off grid. I do, just "poof" and I cease to exist.
Coupe is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
People have no idea. Everyone should have a plan to go off grid. I do, just "poof" and I cease to exist.

I agree that we all should have a plan to go off grid.

However, whatever is on the 'net whenever is still there even after we leave.

Best advice I can give regarding the hobby "trail" is don't get into the hobby unless you realize that no matter how you play, the 'net is a living thing even if we personally "die"

Your computer leaves a trail everytime you log onto the 'net, even if your browser is "anonymous" and, worse still, unless you know how to perfectly clean your computer (handheld, iPhone, Android, etc.) the remnants of the trail still exist and persist.

All that said, not trying to scare anyone out of or into the hobby.... we all take risks and we all should be aware of the potential for disaster for better or worse.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Coupe
Gaining Momentum

While it is true that everything lives forever on the net it is not necessary for anyone to be able to connect any data on you. If done correctly, not just browser on anonymous, you can move around the net at will. No one need know where you come from or where you go.
Coupe is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
TownCryer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Recommendations for moving off Grid

I was wondering do you have recommendations for moving off grid. It appears googling the subject is not a prudent method to find info on the subject.
TownCryer is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
sandybridge
Registered Member

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...29112289298922 Just get worse and worse.

"The arrangement with Verizon, AT&T and Sprint, the country's three largest phone companies means, that every time the majority of Americans makes a call, NSA gets a record of the location, the number called, the time of the call and the length of the conversation, according to people familiar with the matter. The practice, which evolved out of warrantless wiretapping programs begun after 2001, is now approved by all three branches of the U.S. government.
"

Oh and surveillance includes credit card data. Details of which I am sure will be just as jaw dropping.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #10
sandybridge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TownCryer View Post
I was wondering do you have recommendations for moving off grid. It appears googling the subject is not a prudent method to find info on the subject.
In all honestly, at this point, you can't, I don't think. If you actually want to live a normal life the best you can do is create alias, hide trail by proxy, secure info with encryption, use boot drives, but there will always be human element. You might make a mistake but even if you don't there are security cameras everywhere. Heck I was at the gym and some bro just had to take a self pic in the locker rooms and guess who was caught behind him.

And its not like they really have to try hard, we practically self report via social media. Have you heard about the new Xbox One that has a built in motion sensing camera that can tell how many people are in the room with a microphone that is always on and connected? At least you will get to say "Xbox on" and it turns on. Hurray screw buttons.

It just comes with the territory of modern convenience, and lets not fool ourselves modern technology rocks, but like everything else there are downsides.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #11
sandybridge
Registered Member

Default How to stay Private.

I did not make it myself but here is a fantastically put together list that just about covers everything. By no means are these the only option but it's a pretty good place to stat.
If you have any problems installing or using the above software, please contact the projects. They would love to get feedback and help you use their software.
Have no clue what Cryptography is or why you should care? Checkout the Crypto Party Handbook or the EFF's Surveillance Self-Defense Project.
Just want some simple tips? Checkout EFF's Top 12 Ways to Protect Your Online Privacy.

For god sake, at minimum do everything in Browser Privacy. Very easy to set up and you don't see most ads, makes browsing so much more pleasant. Skip noscript, notscipt if you must as it blocks video plugins and it takes a bit to set up. They might break some sites you frequent but once you take the time to set them up you will wonder how you lived without them. If you are new just set them up one at a time and check your sites, it will be easier for you to figure out what to adjust. For Safari Adblock plus + easy list, Ghostery, and JavaScript Blocker. (For adblock, unblock sites you want to support so they can get ad revenue).

With all these communication options I find the use of burn phones pretty antiquated. Guess its from watching spy movies, it just looks cool when they demolish them.

Wished more people would use Bitcoin, with correct setup can have complete anonymous transaction arranged anywhere anytime. Yes it is a volatile market, but hey that doesn't mean it only goes down. Still can't beat the convenience of cash for better or worse.

You may decide you don't need it all but there are some awesome tools you would be foolish not to use.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
sandybridge
Registered Member

Default Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revealtions of NSA surveillance

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...r-surveillance

"Why should people care about surveillance?"
"Because even if you're not doing anything wrong you're being watched and recorded. The storage capability of the systems increases every year consistently by orders of magnitude where it's getting to the point you don't have to have done anything wrong. You simply have to eventually fall under suspicion by somebody - even by a wrong call. Then they can use the system to go back in time and scrutinise every decision you've ever made, every friend you've ever discussed something with and attack you on that basis to sort of derive suspision from an innocent life and paint anyone into context of a wrongdoer."

Whelp looks like the tin foil people were right. Only limited by the boots on the ground.

Wouldn't surprise me if technology companies eagerly handed the government as much info as they could and the government would look the other way or give a slap on the wrist regarding consumer protection/ price fixing/ anti competitive practices. Quid pro quo, companies get all the personal data they can sell to advertisers and government gets complete surveillance.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

This is what the electorate gets when they vote for big government politicians......without a big government mentality, these kinds of invasions couldn't exist...

When the extremes (Glen Beck and Daniel Ellsberg) agree that the Obama administration is dangerous; then you know it is serious.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
Coupe
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybridge View Post
In all honestly, at this point, you can't, I don't think. If you actually want to live a normal life the best you can do is create alias, hide trail by proxy, secure info with encryption, use boot drives, but there will always be human element. You might make a mistake but even if you don't there are security cameras everywhere. Heck I was at the gym and some bro just had to take a self pic in the locker rooms and guess who was caught behind him.
Honestly, if you have not plans to go off grid by now you probably can't. Off the top of my head here is a list of things you will need.

A place - self supporting and life sustaining. Unidentifiable from the air or under boot. Air filtration to the atomic level (remember radioactivity).

Life supporting materials - weapons and the knowledge of how they malfunction. Knowledge of improvising life supporting material.

Sustenance - food and water for extended stay. (3 to 6 months minimum)

Medical - antibiotics, bandages, sutures, narcotics, deadening agents, basic medical procedure knowledge.

Psychological - Ask yourself: Can I be by myself or can I spend the next three to six months in a small closed space with the other person? Be sure, cause once your in your in until the danger is over or minimized. Can I stand to eat the same thing every 5 to 7 days? Be sure, shit on a shingle gets old pretty fast. What are my addictions? You will either use your storage space for alcohol, cigarettes, or other drugs of choice or use will use the space for life supporting material.

Physical - what are my medical conditions? Can I provide for them during my stay. Your doctor is not going to write you a prescription or 1000 tablets of whatever keeps you alive. What is your physical condition. It is going to be a hard life both during and after the crisis. At the present time this is my weakness and I know it. I am working hard to correct it.

Communications - two way will be dangerous in the first months because a broadcast signal is easy to trace (triangulation). Radio receivers, AM, FM, and XM will be non existent. Short and long wave receivers, both analog and digital. Remember you have to have antennas outside, think about how they will not be discovered.

Can I use what I have to protect what I have? What will I do if I am about to be discovered or if I am wounded to the point of inability to protect what I have?

What will I do when it is all over? Can I be someone else? Who? How do I prove it? What skills do I have that can help me get started again?

Silver coins will be the means of payment in an underworld afterworld. Do I have enough? Where are they and will I be able to access them (a bank vault will be inaccessible).

This is by no means a definitive list. It should start you thinking.
Coupe is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #15
sandybridge
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
This is what the electorate gets when they vote for big government politicians......without a big government mentality, these kinds of invasions couldn't exist...

When the extremes (Glen Beck and Daniel Ellsberg) agree that the Obama administration is dangerous; then you know it is serious.
I don't want to turn this into a political discussion but as stated by the articles these policies were, "approved by all three branches of the U.S. government." Every current representative, no matter which isle they may fall, has their hands dirty. They may try to feign innocence by saying they were ignorant but don't be fooled. That's basically pleading innocent by exposing yourself as incompetent and that's really no better. Every decision maker knew and went along with it and kept mostly silent.

Plus the issue isn't just about the government. These tech companies were collecting user data anyways "to personalize and better enhance your user experience" then they try their best to lock you into their ecosystem and sell your personal info. The actual surveillance were mostly done by public traded companies, the government was just like hey bro show us what ya got.

Conjecture on my part:
Tech companies: " Sure homie what's mine is yours but what you got for me"
Government: " Oh you know I always have your back. I see you are having some legal trouble, but I know you really aren't bad guys so I will just give you a slap on the wrist and look the other way"
Best friends forever.

There is already examples of targeting specific individual "CIA operatives were attempting to recruit a Swiss banker to obtain secret banking information. Snowden said they achieved this by purposely getting the banker drunk and encouraging him to drive home in his car. When the banker was arrested for drunk driving, the undercover agent seeking to befriend him offered to help, and a bond was formed that led to successful recruitment."

Would be very easy to do with companies already hounded by legal troubles from consumer protection groups.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women