Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59974
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47586
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
LowRider69
BANNED

Default Jimmy Carter: President Obama blew it on ISIL

Jimmy Carter: President Obama blew it on ISIL

Carter says the air campaign against ISIL has a 'possibility of success.' | AP Photo
Close

By JONATHAN TOPAZ | 10/8/14 6:58 AM EDT
Former President Jimmy Carter is criticizing President Barack Obama’s Middle East policy, saying he has shifting policies and waited too long to take action against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
In an interviewed published Tuesday in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the 39th president said the Obama administration, by not acting sooner, allowed ISIL to build up its strength.

“[W]e waited too long. We let the Islamic State build up its money, capability and strength and weapons while it was still in Syria,” he said, using an alternate name for the terrorist group. “Then when [ISIL] moved into Iraq, the Sunni Muslims didn’t object to their being there and about a third of the territory in Iraq was abandoned.”
The administration has launched airstrikes in both Iraq and Syria, the group that has swept across much of northern and central Iraq and has released videos of its members beheading two U.S. journalists and two British aid workers.
Carter said Obama’s air campaign against ISIL in Iraq has “a possibility of success,” provided that some troops are available on the ground. He did not specify whether he meant U.S. or other ground forces.
The former Democratic president and Georgia governor also said the president has shifted his Middle East policy on several occasions.
“It changes from time to time,” he said of the president’s Middle East strategy. “I noticed that two of his secretaries of defense, after they got out of office, were very critical of the lack of positive action on the part of the president,” Carter added, in reference to former defense secretaries Robert Gates and Leon Panetta, who have each released a memoir detailing frustrations with Obama’s foreign policy and management style. In particular, Panetta, who stepped down from the post last year, has criticized Obama in several interviews since the release of his book earlier this week.
Former presidents are often seen as reluctant to criticize one another and the sitting president out of respect for the difficulty and pressures of the job, and former Republican President George W. Bush has repeatedly declined to disparage his successor. But Carter has previously spoken out against Obama’s policies on drones and surveillance programs, and last year called the implementation of the Affordable Care Act “questionable at best.”
In Tuesday’s interview, Carter continued his criticism of Obama’s targeted killings program.
“I really object to the killing of people, particularly Americans overseas who haven’t been brought to justice and put on trial,” citing the administration’s acknowledgment in 2013 that it had killed four U.S. citizens with drones in the Middle East. Carter said those killings “[violate] our Constitution and human rights.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...#ixzz3FYcbIlJa
LowRider69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
LowRider69
BANNED

Jimmy Peanuts criticizing too?!!!!

LowRider69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider69 View Post

+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Carter knows it is a tie for the worst modern President between himself and Obama. So, when he isn't hammering and sawing wood building homes for the poor folks, noble work at age 90 since the recipients of the charity have to work and pay for the homes, and then help build others, he is essentially advocating that Obama is worse than he is.

PS. I hope Habitat for Humanity puts all the exploitative builders out of business who induce unskilled poor people to come to America, whose families abuse the social welfare system.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #5
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider69 View Post

Hahahaha.............. That's when you know you're a true fuck up when Jimmy Carter dings ya, lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Really?
Jimmy Carter's opinion matters?
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #7
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Really?
Are you doubting the **quality** of Jimmy the Peanut's opinion, boardman? Consider that Carter is but the latest dim-retard voice in the choir with Gates, Hildabeast and Panetta. And as Joseph Stalin once said, "quantity has a quality all its own".
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #8
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Are you doubting the **quality** of Jimmy the Peanut's opinion, boardman?
Just sayin'
Old 10-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #9
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

There was a line in the movie Charlie Wilson's War that went, "I just had a man who hung his predecessor in a military coup tell me I was morally bankrupt"

You know, as a President, you have hit rock bottom when you take admonishment from Jimmy Carter.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Jimmy Carter was the best we ever had, a visionary! Tried to give us what we needed, not what we wanted like Reagan!

All hail Carter!

How dow you boys feel about this Carter quote?

"I don't think that Israel has any legal or moral justification for their massive bombing of the entire nation of Lebanon. What happened is that Israel is holding almost 10,000 prisoners, so when the militants in Lebanon or in Gaza take one or two soldiers, Israel looks upon this as a justification for an attack on the civilian population of Lebanon and Gaza. I do not think that's justified, no." – Aug. 15, 2006, during an
interview with Der Spigel.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #11
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Jimmy Carter was the best we ever had, a visionary! Tried to give us what we needed, not what we wanted like Reagan!

All hail Carter!

"I don't think that Israel has any legal or moral justification for their massive bombing of the entire nation of Lebanon. What happened is that Israel is holding almost 10,000 prisoners, so when the militants in Lebanon or in Gaza take one or two soldiers, Israel looks upon this as a justification for an attack on the civilian population of Lebanon and Gaza. I do not think that's justified, no." – Aug. 15, 2006, during an
See, even WTF agrees Obama is worse than Carter
Old 10-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
See, even WTF agrees Obama is worse than Carter
Everybody is worse than Carter!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #13
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:

All hail Carter!

What we needed was a good president. Someone to lead the nation. Carter didn't give us that. Reagan gave the nation what it really needed and that was a President that would lead. He came closer to that ideal than Carter could ever dream of at the time. The only thing Carter might have envisioned was maybe one day another president would come along and make him look successful. Well Obama has done that.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Really?
That's what REALLY makes it humorous!!!!

Carter is the cheerleader for Obaminable to "take him" for the #1 SPOT!!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Jimmy Carter was the best we ever had, .....
So says the guy who thinks ...

................."checks" are "money"!!!!!

Mr. Carter "GAVE US" Al Qaeda"

He knows about defeating terrorists ......

.............................. .......... he trained them!!!!!

A "visionary"?????? What a fucking joke!!!!!!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women