Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59992
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 11-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
steamyromance
Premium Access

Encounters: 12
Default Gas Tax

Just watched Marjorie Clifton a Democratic Strategist selling the idea of additional or higher gas taxes as part of the new Obama fiscal cliff plan. She explained how this would boost the economy, that truckers could write it off so it wouldn't affect food prices. How everyone will tighten their belts and learn how to be more conservative. Cant wait to see how this works, i guess all the libs will be oh so happy. I am confident it will stimulate the sale of EVs as well. She says this wont have much impact on the middle class! So all the folks in the lower income brackets can car pool or buy a Volt.
I for one am so excited about all the new taxes coming down the pike, i wonder how long it will take before the everyday folks finally get pissed.
When to Stevie,wtf, and all you people that root for big govt. , higher taxes, less money in your pocket finally say enough is enough.
What in the hell do you go to work for? Doesn't it bother you to give up so much of your pay checks ?
So if it cost 50.00 to fill your tank today and 60.00 after the new gas tax would that upset you or is it ok? Where does it stop?
steamyromance is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The US has the lowest taxes in its modern history. It also has among the lowest taxes as a percentage of GDP of any industrialized country. Learn some facts. If you're in economic straights, the reason likely isn't taxes. It's because your income has stagnated. Low taxes are as likely to be the cause of that as anything. Low investments in education, infrastructure, etc. Also huge tax cuts fr the wealthy dad to a lack of growth in the overall economy.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

When I am in a hole with dirt up to my neck. Let the Gubmint cover the rest of my head with 2ft more dirt. You parasites are killing the host...

Why you RICH fuckers want to kill me? You are trying to push people to Gubmint Tit...fuckers
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Oh hell I had chilli tonight...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
steamyromance
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
The US has the lowest taxes in its modern history. It also has among the lowest taxes as a percentage of GDP of any industrialized country. Learn some facts. If you're in economic straights, the reason likely isn't taxes. It's because your income has stagnated. Low taxes are as likely to be the cause of that as anything. Low investments in education, infrastructure, etc. Also huge tax cuts fr the wealthy dad to a lack of growth in the overall economy.
You missed the point i was trying to make. The idea is that higher gas taxes will help the economy, if its not to much trouble maybe you can explain this to me. My simple mind wont wrap around the concept of taking more money from the everyday folks that are barely making it to help fund more Govt. Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
that was before obamacare, how do think Europe pays for their "free healthcare"
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamyromance View Post
You missed the point i was trying to make. The idea is that higher gas taxes will help the economy, if its not to much trouble maybe you can explain this to me. My simple mind wont wrap around the concept of taking more money from the everyday folks that are barely making it to help fund more Govt. Thanks
Romney raised taxes on gas when he was Gov, since I didnt live there I cant say how it hepled or hurt the states economy ... to hear him tell it during the campaign he should get a trophy for his economic policy ..

just another good example to cut back on gas/oil and move to alt energy
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

I don't know the argument that the author you cite was making, so I'd be hard pressed to regurgitate it. In my view, the arguments that you would make would be related to reduction of long term government debt (and I think that there are better taxes to raise revenue), and reduction of man-made global climate change (here, a gas tax is a very good idea). But sorry, I can't explain the argument that the individual you reference was making.

In my mind, a gasoline tax is, at best, a crude substitute for a comprehensive carbon tax, which would be very good indeed in the long term. But medium and long term we need to find a way to finance necessary government services and to do so in a way that reverses the government driven upward redistribution of wealth.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #9
toggish
Registered Member

Quote:
Just watched Marjorie Clifton a Democratic Strategist selling the idea of additional or higher gas taxes as part of the new Obama fiscal cliff plan. She explained how this would boost the economy, that truckers could write it off so it wouldn't affect food prices. How everyone will tighten their belts and learn how to be more conservative. She says this wont have much impact on the middle class!

Without knowing the context of the speech that the above came from I can tell you right now, plain and simple, that is complete and utter BULLSHIT. To the best of my knowledge you can not 'write off' a gas tax. An owner operator could write off a portion of their mileage but the tax itself on the fuel, I highly doubt it.

The trucking companies get the deductions from the trucks since they own them and not the drivers (again, unless the trucker is an owner operator) as the majority of the truckers on the roads are company drivers. The only 'write offs' they get are their personal expenses.

And let's face it, no business is ever going to eat an extra cost of doing business. Instead the trucking companies will raise their rates to ship a businesses goods which in turn will cause said businesses to raise the prices of their goods. Which in turn will be passed on to us the consumers.
toggish is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

The costs of fuel, tax and otherwise, is clearly a deduction to the trucking company. Of course, that will to some degree be reflected in increased freight rates (unless it is a perfectly elastic market, and it is not).
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #11
steamyromance
Premium Access

Quote:
I don't know the argument that the author you cite was making, so I'd be hard pressed to regurgitate it. In my view, the arguments that you would make would be related to reduction of long term government debt (and I think that there are better taxes to raise revenue), and reduction of man-made global climate change (here, a gas tax is a very good idea). But sorry, I can't explain the argument that the individual you reference was making.

In my mind, a gasoline tax is, at best, a crude substitute for a comprehensive carbon tax, which would be very good indeed in the long term. But medium and long term we need to find a way to finance necessary government services and to do so in a way that reverses the government driven upward redistribution of wealth.
Well from what i hear the carbon tax is on the way on top of the gas tax. This will slow the use of fossil fuels here in the US and reduce our carbon footprint but its not a World wide tax so im not sure how it is supposed to help the rest of the planet. Seems the more the Govt takes in the more it spends but please explain how taxing us will reverse the redistribution of wealth.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
...fuckers

classless, YES...
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=TexTushHog;1051937387]The costs of fuel, tax and otherwise, is clearly a deduction to the trucking company. [QUOTE]

#1: There are a tremendous number of contract truckers (and I imagine that Obamacare will create more of them) who pay for their own fuel... most of them need "write ons" not "write offs" ... aka "deductions."

#2: The independents still have to pay a "self-employment" tax and the "deduction" does NOT result in a 100% write off for the fuel costs.

#3: Their tax rate will increase Jan. 1st.

Whatever happend to not increasing taxes for those making less than $250,000?

Now the "rich" are gong to pay the same amount for fuel that the "poor" do AND the same amount of taxes on each gallon.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Well from what i hear the carbon tax is on the way on top of the gas tax. This will slow the use of fossil fuels here in the US and reduce our carbon footprint but its not a World wide tax so im not sure how it is supposed to help the rest of the planet. Seems the more the Govt takes in the more it spends but please explain how taxing us will reverse the redistribution of wealth.
Almost evey carbon tax proposal has a anti-regressive rebate provision that has some payments to taxpayers in the lower two quintiles. Those proposals make it less regressive or progressive. See: http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43713

However a carbon tax will certainly not be the primary means for reversing income disparities. That will have to come in the form of taxing capital gains and qualified dividends as ordinary income, inheritance taxes, or am outright tax on assets above as certain level.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
However a carbon tax will certainly not be the primary means for reversing income disparities. That will have to come in the form of taxing capital gains and qualified dividends as ordinary income, inheritance taxes, or am outright tax on assets above as certain level.
... it's a gasoline tax ...

.... raise the rate per gallon, which is flat tax independent of pricing.

".....reversing income disparities..." ...... crafty wording for income re-distribution.

Combined Plan Theory:

Raise the tax on gasoline and allow a straight tax credit for incomes below $250,000 with incomes about $250,000 getting NO deduction.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women