Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160683
Yssup Rider60002
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35425
Mojojo33117

Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11
Default Fine Dining in New York City

In a few weeks, I am planning a leisure trip to NYC. What are your restaurant recommendations for dinner? At the moment, my first choice is Jean-Georges followed by Keens Steakhouse. Once I saw the Jean-Georges tasting menu included a chocolate dessert tasting, it went to the top of my list.

Thanks,
S-Man
S-Man is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
soxfan
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Daniel for an overall experience. Le bernardin for the ultimate in fish. Momofuku for sheer coolness.
soxfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
JDNorthface
Account Disabled

Do some research into the quaint little neighborhood places in Williamsburg and Park Slope in Brooklyn. I grew bored with the Manhattan Meal Madness and crossed the bridge. It's like finding new treasure.
JDNorthface is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Anna Davis
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 142255
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Ai Fiori is phenomenal, it's a must go!!! It's located on
400 5th Avenue, New York.
Enjoy hope you have a fantastic time.
Anna Davis is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Nathan's in Coney Island and, with the money you save, you can see one or more of NYC's super hot Providers!
Solemate62 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Thank you for the recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Davis View Post
Ai Fiori is phenomenal, it's a must go!!! It's located on
400 5th Avenue, New York.
Enjoy hope you have a fantastic time.
I was raised to believe it is not where one dines but with whom which makes a meal enjoyable. With that, I will definitely have a fantastic time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemate62 View Post
Nathan's in Coney Island and, with the money you save, you can see one or more of NYC's super hot Providers!
My dinner companion would be okay eating a Nathan's hot dog. Her folks would probably prefer I take her there as they wouldn't want me to spend that much money on a meal. :-p
S-Man is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
JDNorthface
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Man View Post
Thank you for the recommendations.
My dinner companion would be okay eating a Nathan's hot dog. Her folks would probably prefer I take her there as they wouldn't want me to spend that much money on a meal. :-p
Her folks? So you're looking for a place to go after prom?
JDNorthface is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Anna Davis
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 142255
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Give it a try, I enjoyed myself there.
Anna Davis is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Some fine and some more casual, but all solid recommendations...

Four Seasons at lunchtime (weekday only if you can get a table).

Stroll down to Chelsea and catch some food and shoping at Eataly. http://eatalyny.com/

Have weekend brunch at Balthazarr's. http://balthazarny.com/

Eat a casual late night meal at Raoul's on Prince (great bistro food). http://raouls.com/index.php

Definetly have a meal at the little known Ill Buco on Bond Street. http://ilbuco.com/

Grab a hot dog from Papaya King....http://www.papayaking.com/

And the big date night, a table at La Grenouille (a storied NYC restaurant with wonderful service, magical lighting, great buzz, nice banquets, small, stylish, and admirable menu). http://la-grenouille.com/index.html.

Squeeze in a meal at Grammercy Tavern on E. 20th. http://www.gramercytavern.com/

My NYC recommendations.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
Guest073013-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 22567
My ECCIE Reviews

KEENS Stake House. I heard about it on the History Channel when I was like 18. I always wanted to go there and last year I went and it was AMAZING. about 100 bucks a plate but AMAZING! It used to be a pipe club, so they have the old pipes lining the walls and ceilings. Its a cool place.
Guest073013-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaWest View Post
KEENS Stake House. I heard about it on the History Channel when I was like 18. I always wanted to go there and last year I went and it was AMAZING. about 100 bucks a plate but AMAZING! It used to be a pipe club, so they have the old pipes lining the walls and ceilings. Its a cool place.
I wonder if I saw a re-airing of that show earlier in the year as I also got my sights on Keens.
S-Man is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
AnnelieseBell
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 150209

Keen's has a well deserved reputation. My favorites for lunch are Le Bernardin (seafood perfection), and 11 Madison Park, which offers not only flawless food and service, but also a fun experience. Be sure to order the coffee cart after your meal.
Daniel, and Per Se can't be beat for dinner. Per Se also offers an a la carte menu in the lounge area if you aren't interested in the full tasting menu. The Modern at MoMa is a fun, experimental dining experience. For sushi there's Sushi Yasuda, Sushi of Gari (the original location), or Aburiya Kinnosuke. Del Posto is my personal favorite for Italian.
For great food that doesn't quite hit the fine dining mark I recommend Crispo (Italian), I always enjoy The Mermaid Inn, Gramercy Tavern, One if by Land..., DBGB, ABC Kitchen, The Red Cat, opera nights @ Ido Sushi, where aspiring performers are invited to sing for their supper & we get to enjoy it (other types of musicians perform other nights, I believe), and The Spotted Pig. These don't really fit on any "dining" list but when I wander the city I sometimes like to indulge in a cereal milk milkshake at momofuku milk bar, fries with exotic dipping sauces at Pommes Frites, and a lobster roll at Luke's Lobster.
I realize the OP has probably come and gone, but hopefully this will be of use to some other visitors.
AnnelieseBell is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
AnnelieseBell
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 150209

PS I didn't intend to dis Jean Georges. That restaurant, as well as Jean Georges at The Mark both have excellent reputations. Since I've never been to either I can't personally recommend them. I have dined at several of his other restaurants and thoroughly enjoyed them.
AnnelieseBell is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I like most of the recommendations you've gotten. Daniel is better IMHO than Jean Geroges. I'm very, very fond of Daniel.

Al Fiori is really, really good. Maybe just a bit more formal than I prefer, but amazing food. I had a dish of lamb chops wrapped in caul fat and fois gras that was to die for. And don't skip the pasta course. Wine list is deep and reasonably priced.

I absolutely love Le Bernardin. It's slipped a bit from a few years ago, but it still unsurpassed for great seafood. Amazing, but pricey wine list.

Gramercy Tavern is a classic. Perhaps half a notch below the others listed here, but so comfortable. Fits like an old broken in shoe. Nice wine list, too, without being too big. Lunch is a real bargain here, too.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 11 Madison Park or NoMad. 11MP is Daniel Hmm's signature restaurant. Sometime in September they're closing for a month or so to revamp the menu. But I think most believe that 11MP is the very best of all the NYC restaurants right now. (Only possible competition is Per Se.) But NoMad is this slightly less formal sister restaurant and is extremely good, too. Both have fine, but pricey wine lists. 11MP's is borderline encyclopedic.

Also if you are a wino, try Veritas. Great list, and a very good restaurant.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
XIII
Registered Member

As a result of reading the recommendations in this post I feel much more prepared for my visits to NYC.
XIII is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women