Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Mississippi > Coed Discussions - Mississippi
Coed Discussions - Mississippi Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70422
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47570
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
apcfan
Registered Member

Encounters: 5
Default STD Reporting

This may not be the proper place to ask this question but since this thread has some useful info on stds and the such i'll ask it here. What if someone tests positive for an std. How is that handled in the state of ms? Who is notified? work? Past Partners? and who does the notifying. Specifically would the state health dept/attending physician be at liberty to contact someones employer to report a new infection of certain diseases?
apcfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
vicinms
Ambassador

Encounters: 49

Good question - hopefully we have some folks with Medical knowledge or first-hand experience on how cases are handled. I know that the HIPPA laws are very restrictive on the release of personal medical info but I would guess the importance of curbing the spread of STDs override that to some degree. I really can't see the person's employer being notified, but someone please enlighten us.

Moved from prior unrelated thread since this is more appropriate as a stand-alone topic!
vicinms is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Guest101311
Account Disabled

User ID: 1607

oh good lord! if it is an STD involved, the person infected would be responsible to let all their past intimate encounters know. no employers are notified...
Guest101311 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
vicinms
Ambassador

Encounters: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegantbelinda View Post
...the person infected would be responsible to let all their past intimate encounters know. no employers are notified...
So the infected person is responsible, not medical personnel?? Since there's no way for medical staff to know who a person has been with, I can't see any way for them to track, whether the proper notifications were made - scary!
vicinms is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

In most cases, it could depend upon where you were confirmed. At the health department , family physcian, etc. The health department in years past would not notify anyone, but would try and get a list of all known contacts you may have had sex with to follow up with them to be sure they are aware and seek testing and treatment.. That was info from a good friend of mine that retired from the Health department.I would assume under the new Hippa laws that a family physcian might make some of the same inquiries, but i would not think he could notify anyone except possibly the health department because of their responsibility to deal with STD outbreaks. That did not come up in our discussions so it is strictly supposition on my part. Even with the Hippa laws, family physcians may be required to report to state health officials the same as a gun shot wound must be reported to LE. As far as an employer, that would definitely be a no no even from the health department. No one besides possibly infected individuals would be made aware of possible infection.
topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
JxnBiLady
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6998
My ECCIE Reviews

Top is correct. I'm reposting this from the BBFS thread where the question was also posed.

To my knowledge and based on research of Mississippi Code, there are not any reporting requirements for partners. The physician has to notify the health department of the incidence, but I don't think the names are reported. According to MS Section 97-27-14, It is a crime to knowingly transmit HIV, Hepatitis B or C to another person. The only requirement is only a MORAL one, no legal requirement.
It would be a MAJOR Hippa violation for your doctor to notify ANYONE of your infection or for your employer to request that information. There are some reporting requirements to health care licensing boards by licensees (doctors, nurses, etc), but that's it. Of course, if you sign an authorization allowing a health care provider to release the information to someone, they can get the info.
There are some viral STDs and some bacterial. Bacterial are much more common than viral, thankfully. Viral: HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes, and HPV/Genital Warts. Herpes is the most common viral and can be treated with anti-virals which stop and prevent outbreaks. While technically "incurable", viral STDs are treatable. Bacterial infections are curable with antibiotics. Bacterial: Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, and Trichomonas, Many people are asymptomatic with all of these. There are a few other less common bacterial infections.

Yes, I was a microbiologist, health care provider, and paralegal in a former life. LOL
JxnBiLady is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32
Default It's HIPAA - Not HIPPA

While it is true that the HIPAA provisions do protect Patient Information, the major thrust was to ensure that only those that had a "need to know" were able to receive "PPI". (Protected Patient Information)

The act came into law in 1996, and has had improvements/enhancements or changes made since then. HIPAA is very wide ranging, and includes Medical Equipment that is capable of transmitting PPI. This act instituted a great wave of security and accountability in regards to a Patients Health Information.

For those interested, HIPAA stands for Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act.

Should you be interested in more info, please google HIPAA. You will find a vast amount of information on the subject.

I apologise for hi-jacking the thread, but wanted to correct the common mis-spelling & perception of this law.

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
Guest101311
Account Disabled

User ID: 1607

lmao, vic think about it...would you want your clinic calling your employer...letting them know you had gotten the clap and that everyone that has used your office phone or touched your doorknob needs to be checked? i would be so friggin humiliated. i love the fact that we have medical confidentiality. i do believe that it is a different level is someone gets HIV tho. when a person finds out and continues to sleep around like they didnt have anything...it is considered a felony...
Guest101311 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
JxnBiLady
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6998
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, of course it is HIPAA - I had a brain fart while writing that. Trying to do too many things at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed1 View Post
While it is true that the HIPAA provisions do protect Patient Information, the major thrust was to ensure that only those that had a "need to know" were able to receive "PPI". (Protected Patient Information)

The act came into law in 1996, and has had improvements/enhancements or changes made since then. HIPAA is very wide ranging, and includes Medical Equipment that is capable of transmitting PPI. This act instituted a great wave of security and accountability in regards to a Patients Health Information.

For those interested, HIPAA stands for Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act.

Should you be interested in more info, please google HIPAA. You will find a vast amount of information on the subject.

I apologise for hi-jacking the thread, but wanted to correct the common mis-spelling & perception of this law.

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
JxnBiLady is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women