Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424
Default Nashville Recommendations

Salutations all!

Anyone have Nashville suggestions? Music, food, fun things, oddities?

It's my first trip down and I am eager to do much exploring.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Stay in upscale Brentwood area for safety and good restaurants, shops. But all the entertainment etc. is near downtown. If you don't visit for a concert, you have to go to the Grand Ole Opry anyway, even if you don't like Country. It's an amazing place.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Go at the right time and the Gaylord Opryland Complex can be quite awesome and give you a taste of whatever theme in music and nightlife you want. I don't know how well they have recovered from the flood in 2010, but the place was incredible before, and I can only imagine what forced renovation may have done to the place. The folks behind it are very creative and get tourism. I think they also have tours and van trips that leave the complex to visit the various flavors of Nashvile, whether that be music, sports, fun nightlife downtown, or the old grand places if you are into architecture and antiques.

It is possible to enjoy everything that region has to offer while staying there.

Gosh, now I may have to call off my trip to Atlanta and Savannah and go there instead later this Spring.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Downtown/2nd Street/Printers Alley can be fun for a day but very touristy.

I suggest some off the places near Vandy's campus may be more fun/certainly less touristy.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Hermitage Hotel downtown is very nice. Or at least it was about six or seven years ago when I was last there. Nice, old Beaux Arts style hotel.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
BreastLuvr
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Hermitage Hotel downtown is very nice. Or at least it was about six or seven years ago when I was last there. Nice, old Beaux Arts style hotel.
It is infinitely more expensive now; it underwent a major renovation a few years back and now is Nashville's only 5-star hotel. However, if you decide to stay there, you might as well check out the Tennessee Performing Arts Center's website (http://www.tpac.org/ ) schedule for the period during which you are visiting. Depending on how tightly you are booked, TPAC is located practically next door to the Hermitage Hotel.
BreastLuvr is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Work picks my hotel for me, have no say in that matter!
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
Must be hell working for Tom Bodett. I assume the light he keeps on is red?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
BreastLuvr
Valued Poster

In Centennial Park, which is located near Vanderbilt University, you will find a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens (http://www.nashville.gov/parthenon/ ). (Indeed, long before Nashville became known as Music City, it was dubbed the "Athens of the South" because of the high concentration of universities in its confines.)

One of my favorite restaurants in that area is Ted's Montana Grill (2817 West End Ave.); their menu (http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/menu.html ) features, among other entrees, excellent bison steaks. One of the premier, albeit expensive, restaurants in the downtown area is The Palm, located at 140 5th Avenue South (see http://www.thepalm.com/Our-Menu/Dinner ).

Should you be a massage aficonado, Adagio's (http://www.adagiomassageco.com/) is an excellent facility; they have three locations and also provide outcall service to area hotels.
BreastLuvr is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #10
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
Bummer. Harsh conditions, indeed! Depending on how long you're there, it might be worth paying the difference. Nothing worse that a bad hotel to get your entire stay off on the wrong foot. Glad to hear it's still a top notch place. Gorgeous building and very good service when I was there.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The Blue Bird Cafe is a great place and go on songwriter nights ; you might be lucky and catch some of the hot upcoming songwriters of C&W.

http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/

This place is an institution; but it is small, intimate, and fun. A definite must IMO.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
hwygnome
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Opryland complex
The Opryland Hotel is open but the number of folks staying there was a lot fewer than normal. Looked all cleaned up. The Grand Ole Opry is open and doing shows. The Opry Mills mall is closed except Outdoor World(Bass Pro) which is open and looked to be doing very well. Not sure if the riverboat is running dinner cruises but it was at the dock. The river was running high the other week when I was there.

Downtown
Lots of tourist type stuff there in the area along Broadway and a couple of blocks away. Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and a host of bars and honky tonks. Ice Hockey or Basketball at the arena and a few finer music places, as mentioned earlier, are around also. High dollar and low dollar plays can also be found. On the other side of downtown is Bicentennial Park that has a map of Tennessee that you can walk across(just south of the train trestle). The Farmers Market is next door and high atop the hill sits the state capital.

And of course the other options listed earlier. Music row is just east of Vanderbilt along 17th Ave. Centennial Park is on the west side.
hwygnome is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #13
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Bluebird Cafe is a great rec.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
CRISTY-CUPPS
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4165
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Coyote Ugly Nashville
154 Second Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37201
Contact
Phone: 615-254-UGLY

Always a fun time!
CRISTY-CUPPS is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I love Nashville!!

Music row is fun!

Neely's BBQ off Rosa Parks Blvd is awesome!!!

maybe a picnic by the river

have fun!!!
DallasRain is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women