Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 01-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Default Bohemian Luxury - Prague

Venturing abroad to the Czech Republic next month and was curious if any here would have suggestions on places unique that are a must see besides the obvious.

I will be staying for ten days and should have some what abundance of time to venture.

Staying four days in Prague...

Any suggestions appreciated. Hotels, restaurants, sights, etc.
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

I stayed at the Botel Albatross...not a typo it really is Botel. I don't recommend staying there since it's a small river boat, but they do have a very nice restaurant on top with an incredible view of the river and the "castle".

One of the cathedrals in the city center offers organ music a few night a week, different and lovely.

OH, and you HAVE to check out the famous "Black light theatres"...they use puppets, black lights, and great music usually set in an intimate setting. It's very Avant Garde, and super popular there. Just google and you will find loads of info.
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3412
My ECCIE Reviews

I stayed at the Hotel Corinthia...not my first choice but I was there for a convention. The mattress reminded me of my frosh year college dorm bed sans the feather bed I bought to fluffen it up...There was a Four Seasons not too far away but again, I blame the convention for the hotel selection.

I was Vegan at the time so I visited mostly vegetarian restaurants, which were surprisingly simple to find in a land of sausages and potatoes, essentially goulash from what I recall.

The Astronomical clock is very cool...the underground establishments (bars, stores) are fascinatingly creepy as they were designed for horses to walk through...old castles...beautiful and if vampires exist, they are in Prague.

What stood out most to me was the difference in attitude between the older generation and the younger: the older residents who were raised as Communists definitely had a colder edge. The youngsters were fluent in many languages (including English) and were very welcoming to Americans. Or at least to me. Or at least I think so as I received many free drinks from them. My first experiences with Absinthe...ouch, my head.

I recall while riding the subway (whatever it's called there, I don't remember) we were required to wear name tags identifying us as being part of the convention. Not sure if it was a requirement to identify oneself while utilizing public transportation or not. But the subway cops were strict and one almost made me cry.

All in all, a wonderful experience.
Given the choice, I would prefer to return to Prague over Paris in a heartbeat if that means anything.

However, I cannot remember specific names of restaurants/clubs. But I hope you have a wonderful time! You will.

Dobry den!
LynetteMarie is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #4
Aceswild
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I was there in September/October of this year and ate at a great seafood place just off the Old Town Square. Will look through my CC statement to see if I can find the name.

The sausage and beers in Old Town Square are a must- the astronoical clock, The Chales Bridge, hole in the wall pubs.... Great city!
Aceswild is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Did anyone else notice how affordable it was compared to other European countries?

Yes, the clock, bridge and bars are way cool. There are loads of river boat tours and city walks if you are interested in the city's rich history. I'm a nerd that way, so I enjoy those things and it's a great way to find some hidden local spots away from the tourists.

Poor Lynette getting yelled at on the subway I was yelled at once at the Munich train station...I've learned a good amount of German since, so every time I go back I'm on the look out
Old 01-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
Did anyone else notice how affordable it was compared to other European countries?

Yes, the clock, bridge and bars are way cool. There are loads of river boat tours and city walks if you are interested in the city's rich history. I'm a nerd that way, so I enjoy those things and it's a great way to find some hidden local spots away from the tourists.

Poor Lynette getting yelled at on the subway I was yelled at once at the Munich train station...I've learned a good amount of German since, so every time I go back I'm on the look out

Sounds like I need to just ask you to come along
Old 01-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I wish!! It's going to be COLD there in Feb...we will have to keep each other warm
Old 01-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #8
Aceswild
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post

Much Much cheaper than the rest of Europe! The only thing I didnt like were the droves of crowds- If you look hard enough you can find the "hole in wall" pubs.... Found a really cool witch themed bar not far from Old Town Square... Pints of Pilsner were less than $2 USD.... Awesome!

Here is that Seafood Place I was talking about:

RYBI TRH RESTAURACE
UNGELT,TYNSKY DVUR 5
PRAHA 1
110 00
CZECH REPUBLIC

Here is a good Italian Place that is also near Old Town Square:

AMBIENTE CELETNA
CELETNA 11
DANIEL.KRONDAK@AMBI.CZ
PRAHA 1
110 00
CZECH REPUBLIC
Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
Aceswild
Valued Poster

A Munich is one of if not my favorite cities in Europe! Great place!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:44 AM   #10
Deke
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Dobre rano,
I've always wanted to go there.
Mnoho krasny devcati!
Dat si pozor
Deke is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #11
Tyler1189
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

The Mustek is an beautiful place to stay in Prague, its like 65 euro per night and the staff is very nice. Depending on what you like there is a giant labrynth in Jhilava that is amazing, but wear good shoes because its a very long walk! If you want a good Disco (night club) the Radost is the F-Bomb Diggidy! Bohemian girls...RAWR!!!
Tyler1189 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I know, I know.....do not post on threads over 30 days..........

But to all of you,

Thanks and your information was used and valued, I have been meaning to reply since we all went, but needless with a hectic schedule one forgets at times to say...

Thank You!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #13
John Bull
Valued Poster

OMG Woody, it is an old thread but it's hard to get mad at someone saying "thank you" to the members who helped him. Go in peace, my son, and sin no more.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #14
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Go in peace, my son, and sin no more.
Unless its the kind of sinning you were doing in Prague. Keep that up.
pjorourke is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women