Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59979
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47588
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 12-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Default Pony Exce$$

Any of you Texas boys watch the ESPN documentary about SMU that debuted last night?

Watching it right now. Great stuff.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Any of you Texas boys watch the ESPN documentary about SMU that debuted last night?

Watching it right now. Great stuff.
I saw the last part...seems as if this Cam Newton situtation is just putting lipstick on that same pig.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I saw the last part...seems as if this Cam Newton situtation is just putting lipstick on that same pig.
I am no Auburn or Cam defender, but at this time I think it is two different issues. SMU was caught several times giving money and gifts to players. All that has been proven to date is that Cam's father was shopping him. The NCAA has found no evidence that Auburn paid him - yet. It would be like me sitting on the couch saying I was going to speed when I go to the office. You can't give me a ticket unless I actually do speed.
Guest052115-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
macdeft
Valued Poster

Nobody gets busted on their first scam. People don't get arrested for DWI the very first time they get behind the wheel legally intoxicated. People start getting careless, losing the fear, think that can't happen to them. I could be wrong but more than likely the alleged acts of pastor Cecil Newton are just the tip of the iceburg.
macdeft is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I didn't see the documentary, but I was at SMU when it happened. I hope the rerun the documentary. I hear it's almost all a rehash, but it would be interesting to see.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I didn't see the documentary, but I was at SMU when it happened. I hope the rerun the documentary. I hear it's almost all a rehash, but it would be interesting to see.

I think that is probably fair. Nothing new. The producer was an SMU guy and I don't think he was as probing as he could have been and I think their was kinda of a "kids gloves" approach with some of the principals...that is in exchange for their on camera participation no really tough questions or questions about their personal involvement.

All that said still very entertaining. Marcus Dupree & The U were much better in that series.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
pipefitter73
Account Disabled

Encounters: 79

I seen it last night. I was a teen when it all happened and there wasn't the internet or as much media as today, so enjoyed learning more about the whole situation.
pipefitter73 is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The MSM is treating Endicott's confirmation that A&M bought Dickerson the Trans Am as "news". Frankly, that was common knowledge on campus, at least among those that knew the athletes, the time. The fact that SMU kept up the payments on it was widely assumed, if not an acknowledge fact, too, back then. How the hell else was he paying for it? It wasn't like he was going to take his "sugar money" and spend it on a car. So Endicott's "news" wasn't news at all to those who were around back in the day.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

The late Don Meredith must have figured he was born about 25 years too early!
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I haven't seen the program...but was fairly familiar with the situation when it was occuring.

Personally, I think SMU got screwed. But I don't really feel sorry for them. They took the attitude that..."Since everyone is doing it...We are not going to even try to be discreet".

They were right...everyone was doing it. But, I think they also proved that thumbing your nose at any sense of propriety is an unwise move.

You can be right...but still get it wrong.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

After the NCAA saw how the penalty decimated the SMU program they never used it again. There were a number of schools (Alabama?) that could easily have been hit with it but seems NCAA decided taking that step was too draconian.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Personally, I think SMU got screwed. But I don't really feel sorry for them. They took the attitude that..."Since everyone is doing it...We are not going to even try to be discreet".

They were right...everyone was doing it. But, I think they also proved that thumbing your nose at any sense of propriety is an unwise move.
I agree.

The blatant, in-your-face attitude did not serve SMU well.

I thought one of the funniest stories involved former SMU Board of Governors chair Bill Clements (who also served a term as Governor of Texas).

When the untruthfulness of his earlier statements concerning cash payments to players became clear, he said, "Well, there wasn't a Bible in the room!"
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women