Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40407
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35596
Mojojo33117

Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
SpursFan
Long time hobbyist

Encounters: 202
Default Tinnitis

Has anyone with tinnitus ever found a treatment that actually works? (Ringing or high pitch sound in one or both ears)

Have had it for at least 2 years and it's driving me nuts.

Had my annual physical and my doctor said there is no cure for this.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with it.

Thanks,

SF
SpursFan is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
troll1946
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

I am not aware of anything that works. You can partially mask it with a white noise generator but that's about it. Sorry, big guy.
troll1946 is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

No there is no cure.

They will tell you to 'mask it' but that is not what I am looking for.

Have had to learn to live with it. Like Dr. House and his knee pain. Only without the Vicodyn.
FootLong is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

From my ER days and hours and hours in helicopters:

Earwax removal. Removing impacted earwax can decrease tinnitus symptoms.
Treating a blood vessel condition. Underlying vascular conditions may require medication, surgery or another treatment to address the problem.
Changing your medication. If a medication you're taking appears to be the cause of tinnitus, your doctor may recommend stopping or reducing the drug, or switching to a different medication.

And like troll mentioned above:
Noise suppression
In some cases "white noise" may help suppress the sound so that it's less bothersome. Your doctor may suggest using an electronic device to suppress the noise. Devices include:
  • White noise machines. These devices, which produce simulated environmental sounds such as falling rain or ocean waves, are often an effective treatment for tinnitus. You may want to try a white noise machine with pillow speakers to help you sleep.
  • Hearing aids. These can be especially helpful if you have hearing problems as well as tinnitus.
  • Masking devices. Worn in the ear, similar to hearing aids, these devices produce a continuous, low-level white noise that suppresses tinnitus symptoms.
  • Tinnitus retraining. A wearable device delivers individually programmed tonal music to mask the specific frequencies of the tinnitus you experience. Over time, this technique may accustom you to the tinnitus, thereby helping you not to focus on it. Counseling is often a component of tinnitus retraining.
Drugs can't cure tinnitus, but in some cases they may help reduce the severity of symptoms or complications. Possible medications include:
  • Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline and nortriptyline, have been used with some success. However, these medications are generally used for only severe tinnitus, as they can cause troublesome side effects, including dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation and heart problems.
  • Alprazolam (Niravam, Xanax) may help reduce tinnitus symptoms, but side effects can include drowsiness and nausea. It also can become habit-forming.
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
40F Cougar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 38915
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursFan View Post
Has anyone with tinnitus ever found a treatment that actually works? (Ringing or high pitch sound in one or both ears)

Have had it for at least 2 years and it's driving me nuts.

Had my annual physical and my doctor said there is no cure for this.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with it.

Thanks,

SF
This is a really good site http://www.suportelivre.org/ that will give you lots of info.
My Dad was actually cured from tinnitus years ago. I have to ask him to explain it to me again what the Dr had him do. It had to do with holding his head a certain way for a while.
40F Cougar is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Txsunman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Google ALL medications you take for possible side effects. Norvasc has caused it in 5% of clinical trials according to Google. I developed it 6 mos. after retiring AND being given HCTZ plus Norvasc to control BP (not backpage, blood pressure)-coincidence? It comes and goes. It is exacerbated by hitting some good weed and is cured for one hour w/a date w/malory lane, she is very good and very hard to find. So do I want occasional ringing or paralyzed by a stroke. White noise is bull shit, just like four hundred dollar therapeutic shoes IMO. Seriously find malory, she's a temporary fix fer sure or raven4 she's sweet also Shit even Chasity works for me. Good luck Dude.

If you were in the military get a hearing test; and unless you are independently wealthy, you can get a 10% disability bc it is usually accompained by HEARING LOSS. Hinton't push the button too soon and get "your share".
Txsunman is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
flinde
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

You gotta love eccie. I too get tinnitus with the HEB generic norvasc. However, I lost 75lbs, took up jogging for first time since 1980, got 3 new titanium cervical disks & started weight training again.

And, I'm paying attention to the glycemic index.

Now, I get by very well with HCTZ 12.5 ml. And my pecker get harder than it has since the Clinton administration.

And, what dennisrn said. you got ringing, you should make an effort to find out exactly why. That's what a good internist is for.

Pay no attention to this thread, gals. You are too young to be trying to figure out wtf we are talking about here.
flinde is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
SpursFan
Long time hobbyist

Wow,

Thanks for the feedback. I often go to sleep with the TV on to distract my ear from ringing.

I will look into your suggestions.

SF
Old 06-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
cyranose69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles.
I too have medical training and experiences and I completely agree with Dennisrn. There currently is no cure, but there is treatment.
Good luck.
cyranose69 is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
Txsunman
Valued Poster

You do not need a doctor to tell you that tinnitis is usually caused by exposure, without hearing protection to loud noises for long periods in your life-like artillary, musician, combat GI, jet engine, factory worker.....
Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

I just heard about a new cure for this...I'll google it and post the link SF.
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
SpursFan
Long time hobbyist

Thanks Likinikki!

8-)
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

I watch the Dr. Oz and The Doctors...they talked about the possibility of a deficiency in B12 that could cause some cases of Tinnitus. They also spoke about current treatments:

http://news.yahoo.com/tinnitus-treat...070416586.html

Hope you get some relief SF!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
Txsunman
Valued Poster

Get B12 shot in your arse. It's worth a try. I do not think oral anything medicinal is a s good as a shot in the upper outer. xcept some antibiotics.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #15
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

From nikki's link:

"At present, the medical world is largely at a loss for a solution and relies on indirect assistance such as hearing aids, “white noise generators” and counselling."

Like I said, there is no cure. (And mine is not a B12 deficiency.)
FootLong is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women