Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > Coed Discussions - San Antonio
Coed Discussions - San Antonio Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 03-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Guest080312-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32
Default "Pagan" Is Smart? Depends!

Reading this post by Exotic Reya,

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=18

I got a chuckle out of her comment:

Quote:
=btw pagan guy we have something in commen being pagan is the smart thing to do
Over the years, I've heard a persistent rumor about an officer (an Academy grad, if I recall correctly) who in the '90's was a sharp, "rising star" in my line of work -- and who was also a devotee of Wicca: her "rising star" came to a screeching halt when the authorities discovered her dancing naked, under the light of the full moon, in Garden of the Gods Park, Colorado Springs.

That was one time when "being pagan" was NOT the smart thing to do. Wouldn't have minded "doing" her, though!
Guest080312-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Some Pagans are smart, so are some Atheists, and Christians, and Muslims... You get my point. One's intelligence cannot be measured by what religion one follows.

What is important is that we get along and be kind to one another.

That is the smart thing to do.
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
Guest080312-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Some Pagans are smart, so are some Atheists, and Christians, and Muslims... You get my point. One's intelligence cannot be measured by what religion one follows.

What is important is that we get along and be kind to one another.

That is the smart thing to do.
JJ, on an entirely serious note, I agree. Sounds as if you and I share a disgust with religious fanatics.

My original point was simply to share a story about a humorous incident. I have fantasies about catching Colleen in the moonlight myself!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:39 AM   #4
Guest081519
Account Disabled

I do have a serious disgust with religious fanatics. If we all were all more tolerant as a species, we could move to make a better life for all.

I am an idealist, but I am also realist (I know, I'm complicated). I know that we all cannot get along. I know that we all have to fight for resources. Religion is just another tool to move the masses to accomplish a mutual goal. My beef is that we often use religion to excuse doing horrible things to one-another.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #5
Guest080312-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
My beef is that we often use religion to excuse doing horrible things to one-another.
All right, we're getting wa-a-ay off-topic from my original intent, but I do feel the need to shout a hearty "AMEN" (pun entirely intended) to your statement!

You NAILED it when you used the word "excuse." A year or two ago, I saw a graphic, disturbing movie, The Stoning of Soraya M., about a true incident that occurred in Iran. A woman was wrongly accused of adultery, and subjected to the Sharia Law penalty of stoning to death, all because her scumbag ex-husband needed an EXCUSE to shirk his child support responsibilities and marry the girlfriend he'd been boinking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbczeOf81TQ
Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 AM   #6
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Amen indeed. Sorry, sometimes I get a little preachy (pun intended).

Old 03-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
PaganGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Hmm seems I've been called out, or insulted.. or something...
or not...
I dispise fanatics as well andam certainly not one.. my faith is part of who I am and how I live my life but is certainly no more the defining extent of my being any more than being one who does what we do defines any of us and obscures all other of our interests and deeds.
There are certainly flakes, freaks and fools among my kind.. and every kind. We're far far less likely than others to start wars or instigate massive protests against people of different lifestyles or knock on people's doors trying to convert them (actually evangelizing is one of the very few things most of us consider 'forbidden', much perferring someone find their way to this path of their own free will and conscious decision.)
Most of us dance naked in private, secluded places but in perspective I find the woman in your example's actions far less offensive than someone shouting Bible verses through a megaphone or burning crosses or what have you.

and I guess thanks for the compliment Reya...blessed be.
PaganGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
flinde
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Times have changed Gary. I think they got a Wiccan chaplain or two, rest of chaplains trained in Wiccan services:

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/your...Mil_Pagans.htm

And they are allowing Wiccan stuff on the military headstones.

I dont know if the chaplains are required to dance naked in moonlight when conducting Wiccan services. If they told me, they would have to sacrifice me.
flinde is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #9
oldtiger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Being openly pagan in the military is a great way to marginalize your own career. This isn't speculation, this is experience.

I find the surge in evangelical Christianity to be disturbing, however it is a simple truth and reality in the military.

Fortunately my flavor of paganism doesn't require naked outdoor dancing, I just do because I like to...
oldtiger is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
the old one
Valued Poster

OT, you "find the surge in evangelical Christianity disturbing"? Christianity is what most of the world is founded upon, what our country is based on and you find it disturbing. It is disturbing that someone would feel this way.
the old one is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

I hate to say it, but most of our holidays and some religious ceremonies have PAGAN beginnings. I kinda like dancing nekkid in the moonlight...of course, that's AFTER a few martinis! (lol)

the olld one...What I find to be disturbing are all the religious zealots...the so called *Christians* who protest the funerals of our fallen soldiers! Just to give you an idea of what a hypocrit some of them are...read this:

"Phelps-Roper said the group was protesting ..the morality of the military. Phelps-Roper said she thought the funeral was an ideal time to protest at Fort Hood, calling the values that military personnel reflect “a filthy manner of life” and a “microcosm of the nation.”

Her Name is Shirley Phelps-Roper...she's a member of the Westboro Baptist Church...and she's not the only one. I wonder if she or any of those other wack jobs have ever thought about *how* they are able to protest...in the first place?

Freedom Isn't Free...and it pisses me off that these fanatics are allowed to disrespect our fallen soldiers!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #12
Pepper_Springfield
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 223154
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likinikki View Post
I hate to say it, but most of our holidays and some religious ceremonies have PAGAN beginnings. I kinda like dancing nekkid in the moonlight...of course, that's AFTER a few martinis! (lol)

the olld one...What I find to be disturbing are all the religious zealots...the so called *Christians* who protest the funerals of our fallen soldiers! Just to give you an idea of what a hypocrit some of them are...read this:

"Phelps-Roper said the group was protesting ..the morality of the military. Phelps-Roper said she thought the funeral was an ideal time to protest at Fort Hood, calling the values that military personnel reflect “a filthy manner of life” and a “microcosm of the nation.”

Her Name is Shirley Phelps-Roper...she's a member of the Westboro Baptist Church...and she's not the only one. I wonder if she or any of those other wack jobs have ever thought about *how* they are able to protest...in the first place?

Freedom Isn't Free...and it pisses me off that these fanatics are allowed to disrespect our fallen soldiers!
I saw that! That is really fucked up! No respect! I was so mad when I saw it on tv!
Pepper_Springfield is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
Pepper_Springfield
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Hey wait.... did someone say nekkid dancing????
Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
flinde
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Well, technically, our country was established on the firm principle that there would be no established state religion.

The Sephardic Jews who funded and financed our revolution would be surprised to learn that they funded a "Christian" nation.

Pepper, you are correct re the origins of many of our holidays. Here is the extra credit question:

What day of the year does the ancient Persian God Mithras celebrate his birthday?

Nikki, Pepper, whoever guesses Mithra's birthday - as a prize, I will dance naked with you in the moonlight.

Nikki, as disgusting as the Phelps clan is - they are a celebration of one of our other important liberties -freedom of speech. Also, the Phelps demonstrate our God given right to be complete fucking idiots if we choose.
flinde is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
Pepper_Springfield
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Dec 25th? Are u dancing nekkid with me?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women