Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60015
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47615
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 08-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22
Default Here is the Type of Guy We Execute in Texas

Does anyone have any objections?

"At Feldman’s murder trial, prosecutors produced evidence of numerous confrontations initiated by Feldman, including one where he jumped on the hood of another driver’s car, smashed it with hammer, and then used the hammer to beat the windshield, a door and the driver.
“I have come to hate every single person on this planet with all my heart and soul,” he told a former girlfriend in one of 81 letters to her while awaiting trial. “If I had a button which would kill every single person on this planet, I would push it with no hesitation whatsoever!”"

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...-wednesday.ece
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
txrancher1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Don't have a problem with prison for life in conditions like the AZ sheriff upholds (can't remember his name); however, I'm not a proponent of the death penalty for anybody.
txrancher1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Does anyone have any objections?

"At Feldman’s murder trial, prosecutors produced evidence of numerous confrontations initiated by Feldman, including one where he jumped on the hood of another driver’s car, smashed it with hammer, and then used the hammer to beat the windshield, a door and the driver.
“I have come to hate every single person on this planet with all my heart and soul,” he told a former girlfriend in one of 81 letters to her while awaiting trial. “If I had a button which would kill every single person on this planet, I would push it with no hesitation whatsoever!”"

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...-wednesday.ece
you, an officer of the court, promoting the death penalty for no actual crime other than wanting to ..

if people were put to death for talking shit, you would have been dead long ago.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Emmanual Kant stated that sometimes the proper penalty for a crime is death. That a murderer takes everything away from his (or her) victim including their future. Kant felt that "like for like" was proper when dealing punishment. A thief makes a victim unsure of the security of their personal property and the proper penalty would be take do the same to a thief. Put a thief into slavery without control of their property for the duration of the penalty. As for murder (note: not killing but murder) the only possible penalty that is like for like is the death penalty. In fact, he went so far as to say that if you do not give the death penalty then you are disproportionally punishing people of lesser crimes by not executing criminals. Kant also believed that the penalty should be as painless as possible and humane.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
you, an officer of the court, promoting the death penalty for no actual crime other than wanting to ..

if people were put to death for talking shit, you would have been dead long ago.
I take it you didn't read the link - he killed 2 people !
Old 08-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Emmanual Kant stated that sometimes the proper penalty for a crime is death. That a murderer takes everything away from his (or her) victim including their future. Kant felt that "like for like" was proper when dealing punishment. A thief makes a victim unsure of the security of their personal property and the proper penalty would be take do the same to a thief. Put a thief into slavery without control of their property for the duration of the penalty. As for murder (note: not killing but murder) the only possible penalty that is like for like is the death penalty. In fact, he went so far as to say that if you do not give the death penalty then you are disproportionally punishing people of lesser crimes by not executing criminals. Kant also believed that the penalty should be as painless as possible and humane.
I like Kant!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I take it you didn't read the link - he killed 2 people !
should have known you'd leave out the crux of the biscuit
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
timpage
Account Disabled

The gist of it:

"I believe that while all human life is sacred there’s nothing wrong with the death penalty if you can trust the legal system implicitly, and that no one but a moron would ever trust the legal system.”

But, all the loonie proponents of the death penalty on this board all trust the legal system, don't they? Until it does something they disagree with.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Emmanual Kant...
For the record, that would be Immanuel Kant.

(Just thought I'd let you know that, professor, since your compendium of posts indicates that you're always so interested in accuracy.)

I'm not a supporter of the death penalty -- not only because I don't believe that it's much of a deterrent, but because prosecuting it all the way through the appeals processes consumes huge quantities of resources, and also because the legal system occasionally misfires.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #10
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The gist of it:

"I believe that while all human life is sacred there’s nothing wrong with the death penalty if you can trust the legal system implicitly, and that no one but a moron would ever trust the legal system.”

But, all the loonie proponents of the death penalty on this board all trust the legal system, don't they? Until it does something they disagree with.
The absence of a perfect system would grind every activity in America to a halt - including the State Department, which kills innocent people (through neglect like in Benghazi) far more than the Texas justice system.
However, the system gives enough chances for the innocent (those few in Texas jails) to eventually receive justice and compensation. Obama kills more innocent people with drone strikes than Texas even executes.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

(Just thought I'd let you know that, professor, since your compendium of posts indicates that you're always so interested in accuracy.)

I'm not a supporter of the death penalty -- not only because I don't believe that it's much of a deterrent, but because prosecuting it all the way through the appeals processes consumes huge quantities of resources, and also because the legal system occasionally misfires.
You are right, it is very resource depleting, and it should be used sparingly. Opinions are mixed on its deterrent effect. A guy like this, it at least stops him from killing again - which he professes a desire to do!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

Sometimes, the guilt (the evidence) is just so unequivocally overwhelming that execution is justified in particularly heinous cases:

Jeffrey Dahmer
Timothy McVeigh
John Allen Muhammad
Nidal Hasan

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Sometimes, the guilt (the evidence) is just so unequivocally overwhelming that execution is justified in particularly heinous cases:

Jeffrey Dahmer
Timothy McVeigh
John Allen Muhammad
Nidal Hasan
I. B., I'm not an anti-death penalty type -- just not a strong supporter in many instances. But I have no problem with executing criminals who commit the most heinous crimes, and whose guilt is clear beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I just hate to see relatively marginal cases where ambitious, grandstanding officials get carried away with prosecutorial zeal.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
I. B., I'm not an anti-death penalty type -- just not a strong supporter in many instances. But I have no problem with executing criminals guilty of the most heinous crimes, and whose guilt is clear beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I just hate to see relatively marginal cases where ambitious, grandstanding officials get carried away with prosecutorial zeal.
I agree.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
The absence of a perfect system would grind every activity in America to a halt - including the State Department, which kills innocent people (through neglect like in Benghazi) far more than the Texas justice system.
However, the system gives enough chances for the innocent (those few in Texas jails) to eventually receive justice and compensation. Obama kills more innocent people with drone strikes than Texas even executes.
If you're really a lawyer then you are either an idiot or you know how stupid that statement is and are just try to be provocative......decisions made in the heat of crisis or combat aren't analogous to the supposedly deliberative process of the courts.

If we are going to judge people for right and wrong, and deprive them of their life based on those reasoned decisions, then we ought to be relying on a system a bit more accurate than what one person thinks they see in a darkened bedroom or on a streetcorner with their adrenal glands flooding their body....just to offer an example of one type of evidence that is frequently relied upon in capital cases.

Will you be posting from Israel or, with any luck at all, is Eccie blocked there?
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women