Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Default Holiday/Special Event Premium Pricing

Quote:
I tried to do the same as you for the Holiday, but the lady countered her originally posted $$$ donation to a $$$$.50 donation...and that was for Saturday. That's a 50% increase. As far as I'm concerned, it's a ripoff, and I decline.

The above is from Tudor in the Thanksgiving thread which I didn't want to hijack...

But what is your experience with holiday and/or special events (e.g. Superbowl, Masters, Fight Night) and pricing? To be clear, I'm not telling anyone how to price just looking for experiences.

I don't like how Charles's potential date went about it. If you have a higher rate it should be stated. The whole "actually my rate is +50%..." isn't real kosher in my book.

I think upcharges for special events are a given. Simple supply & demand, although it is usually handled better than Charles's gal.

I don't have much experience with holidays as I'm usually tied up with family. That said I have to imagine that there are a lot of guys in my situation and even though some gals are as well the whole supply/demand thing kind of balances out. As a result ladies that are working the holiday are happy to have the business (at regular rates).

Thoughts?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Sure, I expect some premium pricing for some things. An example not from this world but from what friends have said child care costs more on holidays I quote "try finding someone for New Years eve for less than a 50% premium!"

OTOH lady I have been in contact with is visiting town and has no TG obligations. Given the options we discussed it must be a very slow day (not surprisingly). My guess is the combination is why there is no premium. Now I just hope I can get my schedule worked out.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Sure, I expect some premium pricing for some things. An example not from this world but from what friends have said child care costs more on holidays I quote "try finding someone for New Years eve for less than a 50% premium!"

OTOH lady I have been in contact with is visiting town and has no TG obligations. Given the options we discussed it must be a very slow day (not surprisingly). My guess is the combination is why there is no premium. Now I just hope I can get my schedule worked out.

Maybe I should have clarified "family holiday" vs. New Years.

Yeah that is kinda my take....

Unless she is a specific lady/ATF you just have to see or want something special, if you are willing to see a woman of similar quality I'm suggesting you can find someone without the upcharge because her phone wasn't ringing off the hook for today.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm either available or not available. I don't add a premium.

Camille x
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #5
FLWrite
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post

Camille x
Thank you. You get it.
FLWrite is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I wasn't going to do this, but because certain misconceptions may be starting, I think I need to clarify some issues:
  • The lady at issue is an outcall-only lady. She is not new to the business.
  • She specifically said on her website and p411 account that she is available ALL DAY on Tgiving, Xmas and New Years (so, I guess she has no family obligations).
  • Both her P411 account and website listed a single price for her time, including the holidays listed above.
  • No mention on either site was made about a traveling fee (which you would think she would do as an outcall-only lady if a traveling fee was involved). The 50% increase she cited was for traveling.
  • I pondered the response for about 24 hours before deciding that as an outcall-only lady, her traveling fee, if any, should have been stated up front. By assessing it at the time I made the appointment made me feel like it was a scam...that she did this with everyone.
Now, I really didn't invite this thread, but it is here. And, I think in all fairness to me and to the lady, I needed to clarify some points.

First of all, I do understand when ladies would increase a price for special events/holidays. That is not the case here. She had the same rate as always, and I wasn't requesting for TG Day anyway, but for Saturday.

Second, I think any prices should be listed up front. If a gentleman knows the total cost ahead of time, he can make an informed decision to try and book a lady. However, if he goes through the whole research process (in my case it generally amounts to several hours before I contact someone), it is really quite unfair to get back an email that says, "well, there is good news and bad news: the good news is the time is available, the bad news is that it is going to cost you 50% more than what you thought."
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
Suckerberg
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

I guess it depends on the holiday, never really been active during family holidays since it is more obvious when you are missing. More people to 'deceive' and more people asking, "Where is so-so?"
On days like sport 'holidays', i.e. Super Bowl or World Series, a provider I used to visit would drop the rate during the game.
But this year, I'm expecting prices to skyrocket in the DFW for the Super Bowl. Anyone have first hand experience from SB host cities?
Suckerberg is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
rednecksatyr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Pricing up front

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Second, I think any prices should be listed up front. If a gentleman knows the total cost ahead of time, he can make an informed decision to try and book a lady.

I face a somewhat limited budget and have family related obligations that require a very large percentage of my time. Up front pricing saves me time when I search for a provider. I agree with CT2005 - it saves time for both parties.
rednecksatyr is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Charles,

Agree with you completely. Stating different rates on an ad or website is fine. An upsell at any point is not cool

Looks like obligations will prevent my tryst. Pity, she wanted to have lunch before or after just for the company (nothing to do with my charms, Thanksgiving is really slow).
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Most of my dates are multi-hour. I have my rates structured to encourage a gentleman that doesn’t mind the expense to my Off the Clock or my two-hour option. It’s just a better deal. Because I have family in town this week multi-hour dates would be noticeable. What I did this week is offer a discount off of my one hour rate. It has kept me fairly busy during a week when I would have either been slow due to demand or slow due to my inability to be away for multi-hour engagements. It worked out well for me.

Like Camille said, I am either available or I am not. And upcharging at the last minute like that wouldn’t be appreciated by me either.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
Guest091314
Account Disabled

User ID: 21525

I am only raising my rates for new years, my rates generally stay consistant.
Guest091314 is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #12
Carrie Hillcrest
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 167
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
+1.

However, I don't see anything intrinsically wrong with adding a premium, as long as it is publicized and made clear well ahead of time. Even after I change my rates I make sure the gentlemen who contact me (who've seen me at different rates) know that there's been a change before we get too far into the scheduling details. I would never want to be on the receiving end of a last-minute surprise like that, so I try to extend the same courtesy.
Carrie Hillcrest is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews

I am with you..i don't change my rates even when i travel....
Quote:

Camille x
Guest011914-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
Anna Symon
Account Disabled

User ID: 53433

I am sorry to hear all your research led to a less than desirable outcome :-(

Quote:
  • No mention on either site was made about a traveling fee (which you would think she would do as an outcall-only lady if a traveling fee was involved). The 50% increase she cited was for traveling.
  • I pondered the response for about 24 hours before deciding that as an outcall-only lady, her traveling fee, if any, should have been stated up front. By assessing it at the time I made the appointment made me feel like it was a scam...that she did this with everyone.
Traveling fees, especially for out-call only providers, should always either be listed or included in the stated price. No if's, and's, or but's. With that said, I must confess that just recently, I was contacted by an individual (whom I had not seen before) and there was some confusion as to what locations were available. They had requested a location I do not travel to, however since there was a misunderstanding, I offered to travel to their desired locations with the additional travel costs covered by them.

Quote:
First of all, I do understand when ladies would increase a price for special events/holidays. That is not the case here. She had the same rate as always, and I wasn't requesting for TG Day anyway, but for Saturday.
I have never had special prices for events or holidays- if I am available, I am available, if I am not then no amount of money will change that- so why would I increase my consideration? If I am going to a special event (a show, vacation, etc.) then the cost for these are always covered by the gentleman and therefore I see no reason to increase my consideration.

I hope everything worked itself out :-)
Anna Symon is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women