Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70479
biomed161041
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47771
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Guest042413
Account Disabled

User ID: 14630
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Terrifying Email From One Of My Credit Card Companies

ok so I recieved an email yesturday that said your account has been compromised and some of your personal information has been leaked like wtf lol.....So what should I do
Guest042413 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
Abigail (Source of JOY)
In the Lost & Found pile!

User ID: 52710
My ECCIE Reviews

It's a scam. I got the same email for my Discover Card... I called Discover and they said to not even open, just delete! My suggestion would be to call the 1-800 number on the back of your card in question and ask them directly! Do not call any numbers on the email...make sure you call the number on the card!
Abigail (Source of JOY) is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Guest042413
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

ok thanks girl I was like omg lol I dont care anyways cause I owe them money lol maybe they will pay it for me in my dreams I guess jajajaja
Old 04-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I love it when I get the Bank of America or Chase Bank emails, or paypal. Never done business with any of them so my accounts can't have been compromised.

No real bank or financial institution would send you an email like that.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

One of my customers got sent some scam Email
She closed it out EXCEPT the close out 'X' within the graphic was really an 'OK' to download some virus.
She had to get her PC cleaned by IT
IT told her that maybe to be really safe that she disconnects the Internet then close the thing.

Another thing to do is to take a 'picture' of the Email [ hit Print Screen, go into Paint, paste the thing and save it as a .bmp file] THEN send that graphic back to the bank [or whatever] that has your account and say wtf. Never reply to a suspicious Email. Generate a clean Email address yourself
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Guest042413
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

thanks yall
Old 04-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
flaunt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I got a similar email this week from Charter, and a few other companies, but something was in the news about a company being hacked and your 'email address may be compromised'... they go on to say that it was only your email address that was compromised not your account info.

Here's a link to the news story: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-20051799-83.html
flaunt is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Cane64
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 13

Always be careful of scams, I received a few myself from credit card companies! PLUS, it always seems I get at least 1 email a week from some Sudan president's daughter wanting to send me a million dollars! :-)
Cane64 is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default IT IS WORTH WATCHING THIS VIDEO

Patience...get past the ad that you have to watch.

Listen carefully to the Consumer message...it is worth it.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ail.breach.hln
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLiViA88 View Post
ok so I recieved an email yesturday that said your account has been compromised and some of your personal information has been leaked like wtf lol.....So what should I do
First of all....deep, cleansing breath. Don't panic.

It depends upon what your CC company said about the nature of the "leak" in the email. A company that does marketing for quite a few large companies called Epsilon was hacked & their rather large database of names & e-mail addresses was compromised.

As a result, every company that uses/used Epsilon have been sending notices to their customers. That sounds like what you may have received. Without more info it's difficult to tell. But, I suggest you go back to your email & see if it mentions this company's name. If so, it's an annoyance but really nothing to lose sleep over....
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #11
DragonTongue
Gaining Momentum

I've found that most scam emails can be caught by hovering your mouse over the hyperlink and checking the address in the bar at the bottom of your browser page.

In addition to this, whenever I get either a robo-call or an email notice from a company I use, I DON'T click on ANY link in the email, but instead physically type in the address and log in through what I know to be the genuine site.

Also, make sure your information is updated every few months, and change your passwords! I don't use the same password for different sites like many people I believe do.

There's many other little tips that will help raise red or yellow caution flags, but those are generally good starting points.

~DT
DragonTongue is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #12
Thibodeaux
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLiViA88 View Post
Damn these leaks are everywhere
Thibodeaux is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

I would suggest using a service like Life Lock. You can be suspicious of every email and practice the utmost caution but eventually something will still get through eventually.

I have been using Life Lock myself for about 3 years now and am very pleased. They have cut off two attempts to fraudulently charge high dollar airline tickets on my credit cards. Each time this has happened they have immediately closed those accounts and had new cards issued to me and in my hands within 24 hours! I was stunned how fast they are at this! Also they monitor and protect you identity.

So I do highly recommend them and they are very reasonably priced. I pay about $110 a year for the service.

And as a BTW, and I learned this the hard way a few years ago, if you are staying in a hotel make sure you keep and destroy your card key. It seems that the hotels when putting your room code on the card also stripe it with your credit card info as well. That's why when you throw your room key down in the hotel bar or the like they can bill it to you direct. I didn't think about it and left my room key in my room after I checked out. About two weeks later I was hit for about 6k in charges on my AMEX in $500 increments. AMEX took care of it but I was told by them how this happened and that a hotel employee was obtaining credit card numbers this way. So beware out there of this type of exposure!
Rakhir is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women